Brian Flores changes course and names Fitz the starter vs Bills

YoloinOhio

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This game is going to be a lot closer now. Wouldn’t be surprised if it is another nail biter. Can’t underestimate how much of a gamer Fitz is. If “good” Fitz shows up, it will be a tough game (seriously).

The line grew to -17 when Fitz named starter (just saying)

• Like (+1) 2

I hope the stadium gives him a warm welcome before he throws 4 picks to us.

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This game is going to be a lot closer now. Wouldn’t be surprised if it is another nail biter. Can’t underestimate how much of a gamer Fitz is. If “good” Fitz shows up, it will be a tough game (seriously).

It shouldnt be. Look what we did to Brady. This should be a feast for our DBs.

And even if "good Fitz" shows up and manages to somehow keep it close, he'll still throw his predictable INT on their last drive to seal the defeat.

Is this a Rex Ryan type move to start him against one of his old teams, like how Rex made players captains against their ex's?

You would have to think Flores was brought on board because he was willing to go along with the Dolphins tanking, unless he assumed they would atleast be given a chance to win games and not be in the running to be one of the worst teams in history....

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Exactly another DUMB thing, they should have played this close to the vest and forced Bills to prep for two QBs that are totally different in style

Pretty clear they don't care about winning. Just trying to get through the season.

I’m stunned some members here think Fitz can beat our D with no O line and a horrendous D on his side. 

He is and always has been a serviceable backup. I loved rooting for him but he is no second coming or Marino down there. 

Trust our D!!!!!!

43 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Dumbest move ever.   This season is done for them.  Time to think about the future.  Are they saying Rosen is not their future?  Fitz certainly isn’t anyone’s future. 

The only weak defense to this is that they are banking on Fitz’s familiarity with playing in Buffalo.  Maybe he’ll throw to the wrong uniforms, although with Fitz is hard to tell. 

Coach doesn't want to go 0-16 despite fans wanting it 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

While I gladly admit I'm a homer, I also gladly admit I never, ever, ever look at a Bills game and have confidence in pretty much anything

That said, the only way this game is a close nail-biter is if the Fish defense can match the Bills because all the Fitzmagic in the world won't be able to overcome what is clearly a top 3 defense against a team with a -138 point differential.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

While I gladly admit I'm a homer, I also gladly admit I never, ever, ever look at a Bills game and have confidence in pretty much anything

That said, the only way this game is a close nail-biter is if the Fish defense can match the Bills because all the Fitzmagic in the world won't be able to overcome what is clearly a top 3 defense against a team with a -138 point differential.

I'm not big on making specific in-game predictions but something tells me we'll see about five passes batted down at the LOS, and I think Edmunds snags his first INT of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

There are a bunch of players who had some of their best seasons with Fitz throwing them the ball. He can make an otherwise disfunctional offense look capable.  I think it's because he never plays scared, is smart enough to find plays but he's prone to not knowing when to dial it down and give up on a play.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

So they go back to a player that is not in their long terms plans in hopes of What?

Wouldn't it be smarter to keep Fitz as BU and see how h works with Rosen to help him improve to decide if Fitz stays as BU to the Rookie?

To me it SCREAMS of a coach that really doesn't have a plan

Or is 0-5 and desperate to get a win. Fitz may not be any kind of long term answer, but he gives them a shot. If Rosen started the game, there’s a good chance they get to Fitz at some point anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

I don't like this one bit. I like guaranteed wins, and with Rosen, this would be guaranteed. Fitzy is a gamer. I know they're bad but I don't need to sweat this one out. 

Hahaha i knew they’re would be some people actually worried about Fitzpatrick.  It’s kinda sad reading posts like this.  

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Or is 0-5 and desperate to get a win. Fitz may not be any kind of long term answer, but he gives them a shot. If Rosen started the game, there’s a good chance they get to Fitz at some point anyway. 

^^^^This. I think this is a coach who has nothing in the cupboard from the FO, and is worried about losing both any credibility he may have left with the remaining players, as well as his job (easy sacrificial lamb to appease the fan base in the offseason?). Rosen is clearly the least capable of the 2.  

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Hahaha i knew they’re would be some people actually worried about Fitzpatrick.  It’s kinda sad reading posts like this.  

Sad? Anyone who has watched the last 20 years of Bills football and DOESN'T see at least A LITTLE upset potential in Fitzmagic returning to Orchard Park with a team desperate to get its first win must have been watching a different team.

I'll tell ya: a lot of Bills fans have gotten really cocky, really fast.

Any given Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1