Brian Flores changes course and names Fitz the starter vs Bills

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Anyone worried about the dolphins chances increasing with Fitz needs to seriously reconsider any belief that the bills are a playoff team. 

Counterpoint: it's impossible to look at this move and not think that it at least increases the chance of a Dolphins victory. That doesn't mean that the Dolphins will win. They may, for instance, only have gone from a 5% chance at victory to a 10% chance, or whatever arbitrary numbers you want to assign. To say that it DOESN'T increase Miami's chance at victory, though, is wrong. I think just about everyone would agree that Fitz is a better QB than Rosen, and as we have all seen, is capable of having a 4 TD game every now and again. Doesn't mean he WILL, but he's at least shown he's capable of it. Rosen really hasn't. Besides, we saw with Darnold's return against the Cowboys how much a QB change can potentially spark and inspire a formerly winless squad. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Counterpoint: it's impossible to look at this move and not think that it at least increases the chance of a Dolphins victory. That doesn't mean that the Dolphins will win. They may, for instance, only have gone from a 5% chance at victory to a 10% chance, or whatever arbitrary numbers you want to assign. To say that it DOESN'T increase Miami's chance at victory, though, is wrong. I think just about everyone would agree that Fitz is a better QB than Rosen, and as we have all seen, is capable of having a 4 TD game every now and again. Doesn't mean he WILL, but he's at least shown he's capable of it. Rosen really hasn't. Besides, we saw with Darnold's return against the Cowboys how much a QB change can potentially spark and inspire a formerly winless squad. 

Maybe but I'd say the main thing is whoever they start the ball is still in the Bills court to ***** up for them to lose.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean Arizona was spectacularly bad with that whole situation but getting nothing for Rosen would of been next level. Still the main point was getting a former 1st round QB from that weird situation for relatively cheap made plenty of sense they just don't seem be following through on it.

I agree with your main point that getting a 1st rd QB in his second season makes sense if you want to put pieces around him and see what he's got.

Holding a fire sale on your LT and WR before the season then makes no sense.  If you're looking for Cannon Fodder, that can be had for no cost.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Oh I know, my point was that if we can't beat the dolphins short of Dan Marino in his prime walking out that tunnel, we aren't doing jack ***** this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Logic would tell you that; logic would not, considering they just did that two weeks ago and it did not work. ;) Not to mention that the two situations are completely different. I agree that for this game, Fitz gives them a better chance to win. Not a good one but better. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fitzy can be a leader with the "It" factor that inspires a team, no doubt. 

But it doesn't seem to have worked on the Dolphins so far, unless 4Q in Washington is a harbringer.  And even then, Fitz was hamstrung by a dumbass play call for 2 pt conversion.

Guys guys guys, this all makes sense from the tanking perspective. Fitz still likes Buffalo and he is trying to do us a solid. He will lose the game in spectacular fashion so that they will have to go to Rosen for the rest of the year. This is his gift to us before he leaves the league

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why would they announce it now, I wonder? Why not wait till later in the week? Media can't watch team portions.

Exactly another DUMB thing, they should have played this close to the vest and forced Bills to prep for two QBs that are totally different in style