Brian Flores changes course and names Fitz the starter vs Bills

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This stuff is so useful, YOLO.  I have problems with my eyes (for reals).  I laughed until I cried, flushed them out, and they feel so much better now!

"I felt like we moved the ball better with Ryan".  3.4 YPA vs 7.3 YPA, 147 yds in 4th Q vs 116 in first 3Q,  ya think?

I mean, I don't need to feel, I can demonstrate it empirically with the box score and a calculator on the plane ride home.

I don't think Flores knows what he's trying to do with the team.

"oh oh oh Fitzmagic... you know, never believe he can't throw...." Remember that?  but it turned out the color of the jerseys he'd throw to are the issue.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

How do u make that decision as a HC? Why would you even acquire Rosen if not to see what he can do during the regular season. If he plays poorly or well against a great Bills defense it gives you more information. Playing Fitz does nothing to develop your team. 

My only adjustment I would make against Fitz instead of Rosen would be to send a few more blitzes early in the game. With Rosen and that O-line, I think they can get enough pressure with just rushing 4. With Fitz, he imploads with pressure and will turn it over. A few well timed pressure packages with zone coverage so the DBs are looking at the QB will force some early turnovers

Maybe they have already decided that Rosen is not going to be the answer.

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing Rosen play.

Still might get your wish...Fitz might suck.

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This, taking Rosen for as cheap as they got him made sense if he works out you can use your #1 pick on one of the other numerous holes on the roster. Just seems like the HC isn't on board with getting things figured out with Rosen or he thinks he already has. Either way things are looking like 3 teams in 3 years for Rosen.

Rosen was gonna get cut.  They had no need to give up a 2nd this year and a 5th for next.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I’m baffled as to why the Dolphins traded for Rosen. If you’re tanking you tank for a QB, so why give up a second and a fifth?

And equally baffled as to why they signed Fitzy, or hired Flores for that matter. It seems like they settled on the idea of tanking way too late in the game. If they were gonna Tank For Tua, the QBs should have been your classic 30-something career backup + some 4th round pick. Their coach should’ve been some “interim in all but name” former assistant as sacrificial lamb. I feel sorry for Flores here and Fitzy too. (Not so much for Rosen). This isn’t what they signed up for .... but hey, they seem to have played hard against the Redskins, Fitzy isn’t one to tank anything, and Flores appears to not be one either. So watch out Bills ... it isn’t preordained to be a blowout. 

31 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I don't like this one bit. I like guaranteed wins, and with Rosen, this would be guaranteed. Fitzy is a gamer. I know they're bad but I don't need to sweat this one out. 

I hear you, but I try to look at it this way; if we can't beat the Dolphins at home, the Bills are clearly not as good as we thought they were.

Fitz is the better QB. I'm not 100 percent sure this isn't Flores winning a power struggle against management. 

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 3

We need to get into Fitzpatrick's head right off the bat. I was at the Jets Bills game when Fitzpatrick lit us up. I hope they don't take them lightly I don't think McDermott would allow that . If you guys are going to the game make a lot of noise squish the fish

Dumbest move ever.   This season is done for them.  Time to think about the future.  Are they saying Rosen is not their future?  Fitz certainly isn’t anyone’s future. 

The only weak defense to this is that they are banking on Fitz’s familiarity with playing in Buffalo.  Maybe he’ll throw to the wrong uniforms, although with Fitz is hard to tell. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's the defense' job to make sure of that.

OK, so trade a 4th and a 5th for him.

I have no doubt that the Cardinals fielded a number of offers for him, and I really have no reason to believe that the Dolphins grossly overestimated his value. Unless someone has hard evidence to the contrary I always assume that trade value reflects the market for a player. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Rosen was gonna get cut.  They had no need to give up a 2nd this year and a 5th for next.

I mean Arizona was spectacularly bad with that whole situation but getting nothing for Rosen would of been next level. Still the main point was getting a former 1st round QB from that weird situation for relatively cheap made plenty of sense they just don't seem be following through on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1