Brian Flores changes course and names Fitz the starter vs Bills

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That organization is a Trainwreck.  They should be using this tank season as very opportunity to play Rosen to see what they have there and possibly flip him for picks.  

Alternatively, maybe they've seen enough. 

Anyone worried about the dolphins chances increasing with Fitz needs to seriously reconsider any belief that the bills are a playoff team. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, whatdrought said:

Alternatively, maybe they've seen enough. 

So they go back to a player that is not in their long terms plans in hopes of What?

Wouldn't it be smarter to keep Fitz as BU and see how h works with Rosen to help him improve to decide if Fitz stays as BU to the Rookie?

To me it SCREAMS of a coach that really doesn't have a plan

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So they go back to a player that is not in their long terms plans in hopes of What?

Wouldn't it be smarter to keep Fitz as BU and see how h works with Rosen to help him improve to decide if Fitz stays as BU to the Rookie?

I mean, none of it makes sense. The biggest mystery is why they wasted a second round pick on Rosen... 

• Like (+1) 1

I’d have rather faced Rosen.

Fitz gave that whole team a spark when he came in and almost completed a comeback. Everyone looked like they played harder for Fitz. 

Its obviously still a game we should win. Hopefully we don’t get the good Fitz that shows up a couple game per season (though I do have faith in our defense if we get good Fitz). 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, whatdrought said:

I mean, none of it makes sense. The biggest mystery is why they wasted a second round pick on Rosen... 

Yep.  That is what I am confused about.  Sending a 2nd and a 5th for a QB when you are tanking to get your QB.  Then not playing said QB to see if there is a roll for him as a BU and competition to you future rookie.

Jesus NOW BILLS DO NOT GO LOSE TO FITZ

How do u make that decision as a HC? Why would you even acquire Rosen if not to see what he can do during the regular season. If he plays poorly or well against a great Bills defense it gives you more information. Playing Fitz does nothing to develop your team. 

My only adjustment I would make against Fitz instead of Rosen would be to send a few more blitzes early in the game. With Rosen and that O-line, I think they can get enough pressure with just rushing 4. With Fitz, he imploads with pressure and will turn it over. A few well timed pressure packages with zone coverage so the DBs are looking at the QB will force some early turnovers

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’d have rather faced Rosen.

Fitz gave that whole team a spark when he came in and almost completed a comeback. Everyone looked like they played harder for Fitz. 

Its obviously still a game we should win. Hopefully we don’t get the good Fitz that shows up a couple game per season (though I do have faith in our defense if we get good Fitz). 

Yeah against the Redskins.

• Like (+1) 2

This is a very interesting game to see how McD has the guys going re: the Process. 

Historically bad team coming to play you at your place, vegas has you spotting them 16.5 (first time since 1992), and they are playing a QB that has some local nostalgia/folklore about him.

BTW, heard on radio the last two times the bills have been this big of a point spread favorite, they lost both games outright. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep.  That is what I am confused about.  Sending a 2nd and a 5th for a QB when you are tanking to get your QB.  Then not playing said QB to see if there is a roll for him as a BU and competition to you future rookie.

Jesus NOW BILLS DO NOT GO LOSE TO FITZ

Unless they got him in the building and realized he's just hot trash... 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

What it screams to me is a GM and owner who are not on the same page with the coach.  They traded for Rosen and forced him upon Flores, who in turn knows the guy isn't any good.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I don't like this one bit. I like guaranteed wins, and with Rosen, this would be guaranteed. Fitzy is a gamer. I know they're bad but I don't need to sweat this one out. 

Just hope he throws pick 6's...he is good for a few of those a season. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Great! I prefer Fitz the starter over Fitz off the bench. He’s a much better relief pitcher than starter. 

The guy off Dolphins radio told Howard and Jeremy yesterday that in all 3 games where the Dolphins have changed QB mid flow this season the guy off the bench has outperformed the starter. I know you often get the backup bounce when a team has totally prepared for the other guy but this does not say much about the game planning if the starters are always sucking so bad. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Great! I prefer Fitz the starter over Fitz off the bench. He’s a much better relief pitcher than starter. 

Yeah...they might have a good drive to start the game but typically he goes into 2.5 quarters of doing nothing like we usually see with him and then he will have a chance in the 4th Quarter late and throw a game deciding INT...

1 minute ago, eball said:

What it screams to me is a GM and owner who are not on the same page with the coach.  They traded for Rosen and forced him upon Flores, who in turn knows the guy isn't any good.

This, taking Rosen for as cheap as they got him made sense if he works out you can use your #1 pick on one of the other numerous holes on the roster. Just seems like the HC isn't on board with getting things figured out with Rosen or he thinks he already has. Either way things are looking like 3 teams in 3 years for Rosen.