Donate Blood

LewPort71

My daughter who works in health care asked me to reach out and ask the

good people at Two Bills Drive to donate blood.  There is a national shortage and all types are needed.

So if you are healthy and are able, please donate.

Takes about an hour.

I have donated 21 gallons, but a medicine I currently take is on the Red Cross 'do not donate list",

so I can not donate.

• Like (+1) 3

I'm two pints away from my 22nd gallon. Started in my senior year of high school and have been a pretty regular donor ever since. When I got married, my wife started donating too. She's pitched in more than ten gallons so far.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, UConn James said:

I donated last week for the first time. Found out my blood type is A+; never knew what it was before.

Bump, worthy cause! 

It's been a tradition for me to give blood every Super Bowl Sunday.  If I have to watch the Patriots in the evening I better have felt I've done something important in the morning!

Plus I've read it's actually good for your health to give blood every once in a while 

• Like (+1) 1

O- here, 150 pints in the book.  As an "elder statesman" I no longer donate.  

Interesting story regarding my very first donation:  It's 1958, I'm just out of boot camp at  Great Lakes NTC and assigned to a ship in Norfolk.  My first shipboard payday comes and I'm in line; as I nearly reach the pay table, a Marine guard asks if I'm donating blood, I respond, "not today."  He answers, "Step to the end of the line."  Once again, I nearly reach the pay table and the Marine asks if I'm donating blood, I respond, "Sure!".

• Like (+1) 1

In college, a professor said he’d give a 10 point bonus on the next exam if we donated. I became a pretty often donator for quite some time after that. I’m probably around 15 gallons. Last time I went to donate, I was turned down due to high BP. Once I get that under control, I’ll be back.

It’s the easiest charity there is and everyone who can should do it.