1 REALISTIC trade that you’d like to see before the deadline?

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

By Week 10.  

Are they?  Did they not just win their last two, and Elway is GMing for his JOB this year.

If you sign Flacco as a stop gap, yes you are in a rebuild. Acquiring assets for next year is probably a better way to keep his job than a couple extra wins this year. 

But, like I said if I'm Elway I don't move Miller. I would get what I can for Sanders. See if they can fleece a WR needy team like Seattle or Green Bay.

Yes week 10 is showing up to get credit for the season. And having Clowney for the end of season and playoffs would have been worth it for Houston and like I said gotten similar compensation for him after 2019.

I’m thinking the profile of a realistic trade is around guys who are proven talents, can help improve the team significantly and are in a contract year or late in their careers on a team with 1 or less win that will clearly need draft capital. Also draft pick given should be no more valuable than a third. (Except Diggs type, would give second for him) 

players i could see moving for upgrade or for some draft pick:

- Kroft

- Yeldon

- Trent M or Shaq for upgrade 

-Dawkins for upgrade 

Target spots:  RB3, DE, WR

- E Sanders 

- Devante Parker

- Rex Burkhead

- Deon Lewis 

- Sanu

- Vic Beasley 

24 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

If Singletaryʻs hammy is an issue this week, we should trade for Devonte Freeman

Nice call. Easy upgrade over yeldon.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd go only offense.  A RT and a WR.  Trent Williams and AJ Green, maybe whoever else is out there.  With much cap room now, I'm pushing hard to win now.  Why wait another couple seasons when that cap room dries up.  I'd give up some picks for immediate help.  with our current cap room I can sign guys in the off-season to fill other holes

Diggs, if Jalen Ramsey was two 1'st's and another pick, is the market for Diggs, assuming he was available, now two 1st's also?  Yikes

OK I posted this then went back in the thread and read the AJ comments.  Now I don't like him LOL.  Somone said M Sanu, that would be good

Edited by MarkyMannn

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are a bunch of threads out there on specific players that are “available.” It seems to make sense to consolidate some of those with the deadline approaching and some big deals already occurring. If you could make 1 trade for the Bills at this point what would it be? Give the actual realistic parameters of the deal as well.

I will go first and it may be controversial: a 2nd and Cody Ford to Washington for Trent Williams. Ford is still a young player but doesn’t look to me like he will ever be a tackle. Williams gives the Bills book ends and a really good OL. Washington takes the pick plus the young OL as part of their rebuild. He can instantly replace Flowers and give them something to work with.

What deals are you guys making?

I like the idea, but McD has shown that he gives players chances to develop before calling it quits on them.  i.e. Zay Jones.  Also, Shaq has always been disused  as trade bait, but McD wants to see if he can develop.  If Ford ever gets traded, it'll be when he's in year 3 in this system.

I'm starting to think the only move they would potentially make, would be for a big time pass rusher, should one come available.  Shaq and a pick dealt out for said player.  We're investing in someone at that position this offseason, whether it's Shaq, a FA, or a high draft pick. 

On offense, tackles just don't come available (Laremy Tunsil aside) and i'm not really interested in Trent Williams given his age, injury history and the fact we have a young, talented LT. 

As far as skill positions go, almost half of our skill position players are coming back this Sunday..  We've been playing with Gore, Yeldon, Brown, Beasley, McKenzie, and Knox.   Now add into the mix, Singletary, Kroft, Duke and Foster.

I doubt Diggs comes available and I don't really see any other guys who make sense for us given what we have coming back.

I think one of the off the radar moves would be Devante Parker from Miami and he would only require on of our multiple 5ths or a 4th. He's a big rangy guy who can the underneath game but also use some speed down the field, hasn't been what Miami hoped but a change of scenery maybe beneficial for him.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Easy, McCaffrey and Kuechly in a package deal... Target JJ Watt and Kerrigan for some rush, target Kupp or Thielen. 

I'd trade Gore, Lorax, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd for McCafe and Keecles...

Watt for Murphy and 2020 3rd, 4th 2021 3rd, 5th 7th

Kerrigan for Taron Johnson, 2020 5th 6th 7th

Kupp for Robert Foster, 2020 2nd, 2021 4th

Don’t forget Sills V back from the Giants.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are a bunch of threads out there on specific players that are “available.” It seems to make sense to consolidate some of those with the deadline approaching and some big deals already occurring. If you could make 1 trade for the Bills at this point what would it be? Give the actual realistic parameters of the deal as well.

I will go first and it may be controversial: a 2nd and Cody Ford to Washington for Trent Williams. Ford is still a young player but doesn’t look to me like he will ever be a tackle. Williams gives the Bills book ends and a really good OL. Washington takes the pick plus the young OL as part of their rebuild. He can instantly replace Flowers and give them something to work with.

I agree it's unlikely the Bills would trade Ford this early in his career. And I also think Washington will hold out for at least a 1st plus a player or possibly another high draft pick.

But, if this trade could be done, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really feel like we solved this problem already with Ryan Bates who can backup all the positions

Ty is the RT now....at least I hope so

Maybe we have.  Bates played solid last game. I just don’t think Ty is gonna be staying in the field.  Every time I see him after a play, it looks as if he’s looking for his wheelchair.

im of the mindset that our tackles are the weakest link on the team.  Ford has been terrible at tackle.  Waddles on IR.  Ty, always banged up.  Dawkins is meh.  

I’m looking to upgrade from Dawkins and nsekhe, not add backups behind them

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The concern I'd have with this is the book ends both ideally fit at the same end of the shelf.  While I agree Dawkins isn't all pro at LT, he may still be better at LT than asking him in the middle of the season to switch to the right side and play at a high level.  That also means next year we'd likely need to draft a guard to replace Ford unless we re-sign Spain which I'm not sure is a good move as would cost more, plus think they'd prefer building the line via the draft.  I'd rather give up less and get a true RT as that's really where the need is and then keep Ford at guard.  I do agree that the biggest need for the team is on the O line, more than WR or RB as many here would argue, but think the need is specific to RT.  Going forward i.e. next season if our weakest link on the line is Dawkins at LT, we'd be in really good shape there IMO.

This thread has shown me 1 thing for certain.... People don't understand trade value in the NFL lol.  "I'll give 2 meaningless picks and these under performing players for that future HOFer".... Smh

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Easy, McCaffrey and Kuechly in a package deal... Target JJ Watt and Kerrigan for some rush, target Kupp or Thielen. 

I'd trade Gore, Lorax, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd for McCafe and Keecles...

Watt for Murphy and 2020 3rd, 4th 2021 3rd, 5th 7th

Kerrigan for Taron Johnson, 2020 5th 6th 7th

Kupp for Robert Foster, 2020 2nd, 2021 4th

I hope this is some form of sarcasm?  If not, please explain why Carolina would ever consider trading McCaffrey...and oh by the way...throw in Kuechly too.