1 REALISTIC trade that you’d like to see before the deadline?

On 10/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, JoPar_v2 said:

I honestly don’t think there’s a “realistic” move to be made that significantly helps the team. Maybe Trent Williams, if Washington completely reverses course and comes to their senses. I would not give up Ford though.

In this situation, I think the best move is no trade.  Compensation would be too high imo.  Also, I'm curious to see Kroft actually play along with Brown, Beasley, Duke et al.  In off season, get WR, OT, and DL.  I'm guessing Shaq and/Jordan Phillips will be elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Oakland was in a complete rebuild and knew Mack wouldnt re-sign in a contract year, AB and OBJ FORCED their way out.   Giants didnt sign OBJ to a huge contact if they wanted to trade him. Miami is a complete fire sale and havent been competative for 2 decades. Id say CMC and LK are the faces of the franchise now, they wouldnt get traded for a Ricky Williams level haul.  Good job trolling though, I bit

Then they are dumb... they will need a new QB. Kuechly isn't going to be around forever. Apparently RBs are a dime a dozen as well...

On 10/16/2019 at 10:19 AM, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea I don't think Evans is going anywhere, it's not Arians style. He'd rather identify what's not working and work from there. Also, while people think Winston doesn't have it... take a look at Carson Palmers first half of his first season with Arians and where he ended the year. It looks VERY similar to Winston. Now, I'm not saying Winston = Palmer but it could be Arians is willing to wait til the end of the season.

This is a tough one because I think if a trade is going to happen it should be for an offensive position. The problem with trading for a WR is the draft next year could be a phenomenal WR class. You'd be getting a cheap WR with star potential. So I think it needs to be along the OL, I like the Williams idea and I'm wondering if at this point a 2nd 2020 and a 2nd in 2021 gets him away from Washington. Or something like that. 

Bruce Arians knows what he's doing, ain't no one fleecing him.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:43 AM, TroutDog said:

A couple things:

1.  I hope they don’t give up any draft picks: they’re doing it right and I hope they stay the course. 

2. I don’t get the AJ Green love around here. I just don’t get it as he’s at the end of his shelf life and hasn’t even played this year. Give up a draft pick for that?

With that being said, Evans is intriguing. 

Totally agree, and add what Green just said to it.

"If I can go, I can go," Green said via the Dayton Daily News' Laurel Pfahler. "If I can't, I can't. It's no big thing. Like I said from Day 1, if I'm healthy enough to play then I'm going to play. Right now, I still have a ways to go."

Yeah, I'll pass.

nfl

• Like (+1) 1

Offense:

TE Austin Hooper from the Falcons. 

I love having Lee Smith, and I think the leadership he provides, and his excellent blocking makes him worth having on this team. I think Knox is going to grow into a serious playmaker, but I also think there are consistency issues. Hooper could be the TE that we were hoping Kroft would become. It's hard to have much faith in Kroft's ability to stay on the field (assuming he ever gets on the field!). I don't know if Sweeney would pass waivers to make it on the practice squad-- if it came down to a choice to cut either Sweeney, or Kroft to make room for Hooper, I think Kroft would be the likely choice. But, either way, I wouldn't mind seeing Hooper, Knox, and Lee all in Bills uniforms on game day.

Defense:

OLB Shaq Barrett from the Bucs.

Does anyone else want to see more sacks? Plus, as much as we love him, Lorax isn't going to be around next year. Barrett has nine sacks so far this season. We'd have to pay him. And, we'll have to pay Milano next year also. But, if Beane could work it out, a starting LB trio of Milano, Edmunds, and Barrett could be a DC's nightmare in 2020.

Edited by Rocky Landing

On 10/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, Rockinon said:

I'm OK standing pat.  The only way I would bother acquiring new talent is if the player is young and has the potential to be great.  Some of these big names drag down the amount of money we'll have for future players.  Getting someone for a year might be OK because it won't hurt us long term, but I don't see that happening. What I especially don't want to do is mortgage the future for short term results by giving up draft picks.  The draft is where we need talent to come from because they are young and because their contract is manageable.

Could not have said it better myself, and the reason I feel they don't make any moves. 

16 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I had posted earlier in this thread my desire was for a RT.

Think I'll take that vote back and instead got with a DE.  Seems pass rushing might be their biggest need.

OLB (Milano is only good when he can play), RT, WR all before DE for me, but those are the holes. 

I usually don't like making moves at trade deadline time, but having said that I now believe that this offense needs something.  If we don't get that interception today from White on the Dolphins 2 yard line, we may very well lose that game.  I'm getting tired of hearing what a dominant defense we have for the 2nd straight year and just hoping the offense will eventually come around. Brown seems to be the only receiver we can count on to get any seperation regularly.  I believe we need another offensive threat, and a veteran WR would really help. This team is close, and if we could get all 3 units playing good at the same time we'd be a pretty scary team.