1 REALISTIC trade that you’d like to see before the deadline?

22 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I hope this is some form of sarcasm?  If not, please explain why Carolina would ever consider trading McCaffrey...and oh by the way...throw in Kuechly too. 

Has to be sarcasm, else it would be the single most ridiculous thing posted on this board since BuffaloBarbarian wanted to trade Mario Williams for Skelton

• Like (+1) 1

I'm fine with no deadline trades, I don't think we're in a "win-now" mode that would make sense to mortgage future picks away. 

Defensively - why fix what ain't broken? Maybe trade some late round picks for depth guys

Offensively - we could use O-Line or WR or TE (pending on Kroft status), but there's not many guys on the trading block that would be upgrades over what we have. And those guys would probably cost way too much draft capital. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I bet Carolina would let all-pro Daryl Williams go for a third. FA at the end of this year when he could be extended or let go with the likelihood of recouping a good comp pick. 

He started the year at LT (where he sucks) and has been filling in at RG, but RT has always been his strength. Don't know if McB see that as a position of need though.

3 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I can dream...

Obviously if we didn't win a Super Bowl over and over it would be a bad move.

But here you are getting enough younger guys that would be a staple and some vets that have years left in them that I think giving away the next two drafts to win now would work. Even so these guys will carry you until your next draft.

Man my pocketbook would take a real wallop though, all the jerseys, collector items, needed, the season tix and travel across country...yikesss.

Pegula's would have butts in seats for the next 5+ years locked up though, 10+ when we go to a Super Bowl, 50+ when we win more than the Patriots all back to back. McBean might bring me on as Assistant to the GM even:wub:

Dont you worry butts will be in the seats and Superbowls won.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It's fun to read all the arm chair GMs throw out ideal trades for them lol

Realistically , we aren't trading for diggs or Williams or a big name.. and we aren't giving up much if we do swing a trade

If Beane is looking for a player, he is looking for a scheme fit at a bargain. He isn't trading away a 1st or second

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Mohamed Sanu for a 4th.

I don't see Sanu as a good fit for this team. He is more of a slot receiver and less of an outside threat. I was actually all for trading for him in the off-season before Beasley was signed. But I think Beasley on the roster makes Sanu redundant. I would rather go for Manual Sanders as he adds speed and an outside threat and wouldn't cost much more (Granted that is if Denver doesn't keep winning games.) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

Wow.  Just wow. Do all you morons congregate in a corner somewhere?  

speaking for morons everywhere : )
now the Kenyan Drake thing is a topic.. I would ask Beane's boys to look into it.
and it is realistic

we are not going for AJ Green or Von Miller.
Sanders ? perhaps : )

3 hours ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Hearing Von Miller may be available for a package much less than what Mack went for. I would whole heartedly give up anywhere from a 1st or 2nd round pick. 

he is getting old. and less than make is still billion dollars.

Great player great guy.
But is that what Bills need right now?

I cannot answer that my friend. my opinion is they will find a replacement for Lorenzo some other way.

On 10/16/2019 at 8:46 AM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

What does it take to get Von Miller? 

A second round pick in 2019 and 2020 as well as Lawson?

VM would take over for Lorenzo Alexander. VM contract runs through 2022. 

I’m starting to think it would take three 1st rd picks to get Von Miller. If we were to get Von Miller with only trading two 1st rd picks this team would have a good chance at winning a super bowl this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m starting to think it would take three 1st rd picks to get Von Miller. If we were to get Von Miller with only trading two 1st rd picks this team would have a good chance at winning a super bowl this year. 

Really? 

Get on the phone to Ktulu and ask him/her again..

Allen will decide their ultimate fate this year 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Really? 

Get on the phone to Ktulu and ask him/her again..

Allen will decide their ultimate fate this year 

Idk Hughes and Murphy don’t seem to be changing games especially with how good our interior line is. Miller would be an excellent addition and is only 30. Sold 3-4 years left on those tires. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Idk Hughes and Murphy don’t seem to be changing games especially with how good our interior line is. Miller would be an excellent addition and is only 30. Sold 3-4 years left on those tires. 

I mean - the team has sacks in every game except NE (and brady was under pressure all game long).  Darnold 4 times, Mariota 5 times, Dalton 2 times, and even Eli once despite that offense basically having him throw within 2 seconds on every snap.  

I'd like the trade if we didn't have to give up too much - would allow us to certainly let Lawson walk in 2020 and gives some flexibility with alexander likely retiring.  I'd still want to replace alexander but his flexibility would become less of a priority and you could look to just add a full-time linebacker.  

Other than Phillips we really don't have any crazy priority free agents, and there isn't anyone on this list that isn't replaceable - so I'm all for adding a high salary guy for 2020 and beyond if the price in picks isn't excessive.  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/buffalo-bills/

I'm OK standing pat.  The only way I would bother acquiring new talent is if the player is young and has the potential to be great.  Some of these big names drag down the amount of money we'll have for future players.  Getting someone for a year might be OK because it won't hurt us long term, but I don't see that happening. What I especially don't want to do is mortgage the future for short term results by giving up draft picks.  The draft is where we need talent to come from because they are young and because their contract is manageable.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/16/2019 at 3:34 PM, Sherlock Holmes said:

Yeah, Madden is stingy as **** in trades...

Give them two 1sts, Shaq, Gore, Lorax... When is the last time you saw a RB and a LB fetch a 1st let alone 2?

I cant tell if you're trolling or not with these takes.  No organization in thier right mind would trade 2 of thier franchises most important players no matter what.  Just let it die dude

3 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

I cant tell if you're trolling or not with these takes.  No organization in thier right mind would trade 2 of thier franchises most important players no matter what.  Just let it die dude

Oakland, Miami... Beckham Jr, AB... people thought they wouldn't be traded ever. 

Any available pass rusher that is a game changer.  ON this D, Von Miller could go nuts.  Anyone know of others who could be available? 

Here are some interesting trade articles for your reading enjoyment: 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/6-trades-wed-like-to-see-before-the-nfl-deadline    (#1 would be a nightmare but seems likely, #2 does not now that Cousins is playing well.  Although I'd take Trent Williams or AJ off this list.)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/10/17/nfl-trade-deadline-players-melvin-gordon-patrick-peterson/4003678002/  (many seem unlikely, but I could see Falcons players being available.  Vic Beasley if Milano injury keeps him out a few weeks?)  

Also, what about DeVante Parker from Miami.  Now, generally a team would not trade in a division, but the Phins are tanking.  A 3rd for him may work.  A change of scenery may be good for him.  That said, he's not a #1.    

Just now, Sherlock Holmes said:

Oakland, Miami... Beckham Jr, AB... people thought they wouldn't be traded ever. 

Oakland was in a complete rebuild and knew Mack wouldnt re-sign in a contract year, AB and OBJ FORCED their way out.   Giants didnt sign OBJ to a huge contact if they wanted to trade him. Miami is a complete fire sale and havent been competative for 2 decades. Id say CMC and LK are the faces of the franchise now, they wouldnt get traded for a Ricky Williams level haul.  Good job trolling though, I bit

13 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Any available pass rusher that is a game changer.  ON this D, Von Miller could go nuts.  Anyone know of others who could be available? 

Here are some interesting trade articles for your reading enjoyment: 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/6-trades-wed-like-to-see-before-the-nfl-deadline    (#1 would be a nightmare but seems likely, #2 does not now that Cousins is playing well.  Although I'd take Trent Williams or AJ off this list.)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/10/17/nfl-trade-deadline-players-melvin-gordon-patrick-peterson/4003678002/  (many seem unlikely, but I could see Falcons players being available.  Vic Beasley if Milano injury keeps him out a few weeks?)  

Also, what about DeVante Parker from Miami.  Now, generally a team would not trade in a division, but the Phins are tanking.  A 3rd for him may work.  A change of scenery may be good for him.  That said, he's not a #1.    

I'd do VM for a 1st and a low pick (5th or lower) but I don't see Denver biting on that.