1 REALISTIC trade that you’d like to see before the deadline?

13 minutes ago, MR8 said:

This thread has shown me 1 thing for certain.... People don't understand trade value in the NFL lol.  "I'll give 2 meaningless picks and these under performing players for that future HOFer".... Smh

Is that why a 4th round pick was used to trade for Randy Moss? He might make the Hall of Fame, I'm not sure though.....

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Realistically they probably aren’t making a trade

I wouldn't be so sure. I think that assuming the team continues to win at a good pace they are going to at least be monitoring the trade market for a WR or a DE and possibly an OT if injuries occur there. I don't think there is a ground breaking move but a 3rd or a mid-rounder for a starting caliber player is a trade I wouldn't be too shocked to see. 

14 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I hope this is some form of sarcasm?  If not, please explain why Carolina would ever consider trading McCaffrey...and oh by the way...throw in Kuechly too. 

Two 1sts then, sweeten that pot....got a rebuild ahead of them. Kuechly is aging, if anybody gets a form of a discount it is us because of McBean and McD.

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Two 1sts then, sweeten that pot....got a rebuild ahead of them. Kuechly is aging, if anybody gets a form of a discount it is us because of McBean and McD.

I'm not sure why I'm even responding again, but this is not Madden.  Have you seen McCaffrey play?  He is not getting traded, and if he was, it would be for more than two 1st round picks that will end up between 20-30.

Adding Kuechly to the mix?  Even Madden is laughing at that.

I'll move on.

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I'm not sure why I'm even responding again, but this is not Madden.  Have you seen McCaffrey play?  He is not getting traded, and if he was, it would be for more than two 1st round picks that will end up between 20-30.

Adding Kuechly to the mix?  Even Madden is laughing at that.

I'll move on.

Yeah, Madden is stingy as **** in trades...

Give them two 1sts, Shaq, Gore, Lorax... When is the last time you saw a RB and a LB fetch a 1st let alone 2?

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Carlos Dunlap for a pick.

I actually like the realism of this, maybe not the player and position but Dunlap on an 0-5 team and a decent salary can realistically be had for a 4 or 5. 

For some one reason I keep coming back to Punter, especially with the way we play with defense and field position. 

Maybe Brett Kern from Tennessee since he’s a Buffalo guy for a 5th.

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are a bunch of threads out there on specific players that are “available.” It seems to make sense to consolidate some of those with the deadline approaching and some big deals already occurring. If you could make 1 trade for the Bills at this point what would it be? Give the actual realistic parameters of the deal as well.

I will go first and it may be controversial: a 2nd and Cody Ford to Washington for Trent Williams. Ford is still a young player but doesn’t look to me like he will ever be a tackle. Williams gives the Bills book ends and a really good OL. Washington takes the pick plus the young OL as part of their rebuild. He can instantly replace Flowers and give them something to work with.

What deals are you guys making?

On behalf of whatever-idiot-brought-it-up a few days ago, I'd like to suggest trading Shaq Lawson for Von Miller.

Because yeah, that plan was a gem.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are a bunch of threads out there on specific players that are “available.” It seems to make sense to consolidate some of those with the deadline approaching and some big deals already occurring. If you could make 1 trade for the Bills at this point what would it be? Give the actual realistic parameters of the deal as well.

I will go first and it may be controversial: a 2nd and Cody Ford to Washington for Trent Williams. Ford is still a young player but doesn’t look to me like he will ever be a tackle. Williams gives the Bills book ends and a really good OL. Washington takes the pick plus the young OL as part of their rebuild. He can instantly replace Flowers and give them something to work with.

What deals are you guys making?

Not sure it gives us bookends. I still submit Dion Dawkins cannot play RT. 

My answer to the question is I'd offer a 2020 #2 and a 2021 #3 for Stefon Diggs. That is my maximum price though. If the fee is ant higher I walk away..

17 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yep Kerrigan is available I think. 

What about Geno Atkins? He’s old and Harry is done for the year. Could we get Atkins for a 3rd? He’s an interior force.

Id do that for sure

Wouldn't mind a pass rusher either but dont want to break the bank either.

17 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Easy, McCaffrey and Kuechly in a package deal... Target JJ Watt and Kerrigan for some rush, target Kupp or Thielen. 

I'd trade Gore, Lorax, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd for McCafe and Keecles...

Watt for Murphy and 2020 3rd, 4th 2021 3rd, 5th 7th

Kerrigan for Taron Johnson, 2020 5th 6th 7th

Kupp for Robert Foster, 2020 2nd, 2021 4th

Beane would be the Wizard if he pulled this off, like your enthusiasm though :D

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I'd drop a first for Williams, he could be the difference between a lot of wins and losses.  Allen has been under pressure a lot of the edge and frankly, thats when the stupid button gets pushed.  I think Williams could stop a lot of that.  You get 5 years from a first rounder, if they work out and then its big money time.  We have seen plenty that don't work out, I'd take 4-5 years of a proven stud at this point.

I'd also try to get OBJ if he really is on the table, you are going to have to pay for him, but again a first and probably a 4th would be worth it for pretty much everything I said above except now you have an elite weapon.

The fact Clowney isnt wearing a Bills uniform right now tells me all of this is not realistic as that was the trade that should have been made.

This team could be improved a lot, picking which of the guys who sits inactive on Sundays to cut isn't that big of a thing if you are getting real talent.

Am worried about OBJ.  He has not been able to connect with Baker Mayfield, a lot more accurate QB than Allen.

With multiple teams needing a very good LT T. Williams , I would guess at least two 1st rd similar to Tunsil. I'll stay with Dawkins and hope Nsekhe  gets back to 100%.  Ryan Bates hmm

Edited by ALF

I say no trades, other then very low level trades to improve depth.  We seem to be doing very good in drafting.

• Round 1. Pick 9 (9) Ed Oliver. DT Houston. ...
  • Round 2. Pick 6 (38) Cody Ford. T Oklahoma. ...
  • Round 3. Pick 11 (74) Devin Singletary. RB Florida Atlantic.   Knox
  • Round 5. Pick 9 (147) Vosean Joseph. LB Florida. ...
  • Round 6. Pick 8 (181) Jaquan Johnson. S Miami (Fla.) ...
  • Round 7. Pick 11 (225) Darryl Johnson. DE North Carolina A&T.             TE Tommy Sweeney

Every one of those players is either on the roster or stashed away for next year (Vosean Joseph).  Joseph has good athletic skills but needs more training on playing discipline and recognition- so the jury is still out on him, while he gets coached up.  We got 4 starters ( Oliver.  Ford,   Singletary,   Knox ) and 3 rotational players (Johnson,% Johnson and Sweeney) from the draft. Let's keep our picks. These players are athletic and will get better.

What I could see happening is a trade of one of our 4 tight ends for a future draft pick.  From  Knox, Kroft,  Smith and Sweeney,  I would like to trade Kroft, but with his injury, he would only have 2 games to demonstrate health before the Saturday 10-29 4PM deadline. He becomes a maybe, but is expendable because of the development of Knox and Sweeney.

We could trade with either a contender OR a team out of the playoffs who would like to pick up a good proven player with a lower level pick.  Sweeney for a higher 5th or 6th round pick anybody?

Offensively, I think we just need to play together more to gel. A lot of new parts.  Defensively, I wouldn't mind an OLB for depth. To me, our LB depth is shaky and Milano and Corey Thompson have lingering issues.

Edited by Dopey

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Id do that for sure

Wouldn't mind a pass rusher either but dont want to break the bank either.

Beane would be the Wizard if he pulled this off, like your enthusiasm though :D

I can dream...

Obviously if we didn't win a Super Bowl over and over it would be a bad move.

But here you are getting enough younger guys that would be a staple and some vets that have years left in them that I think giving away the next two drafts to win now would work. Even so these guys will carry you until your next draft.

Man my pocketbook would take a real wallop though, all the jerseys, collector items, needed, the season tix and travel across country...yikesss.

Pegula's would have butts in seats for the next 5+ years locked up though, 10+ when we go to a Super Bowl, 50+ when we win more than the Patriots all back to back. McBean might bring me on as Assistant to the GM even:wub: