1 REALISTIC trade that you’d like to see before the deadline?

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1. Murphy and a second for Von Miller

2. 5th for McCoy  back from the Chiefs

3. 3rd for Larry Fitzgerald 

4. 2nd for OJ Howard

5. 2020 1st and 4th for Trent Williams and swap positions in the second round giving Bills a likely top 5 second round pick and Washington pick #64 

1. Not enough for a premier edge

2. McCoy isn’t coming back

3.  That actually might work (think is cost more than a 3rd)

4. Arians not moving him

5.  God please NO

• Like (+1) 1

Easy, McCaffrey and Kuechly in a package deal... Target JJ Watt and Kerrigan for some rush, target Kupp or Thielen. 

I'd trade Gore, Lorax, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd for McCafe and Keecles...

Watt for Murphy and 2020 3rd, 4th 2021 3rd, 5th 7th

Kerrigan for Taron Johnson, 2020 5th 6th 7th

Kupp for Robert Foster, 2020 2nd, 2021 4th

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

1. Not enough for a premier edge

2. McCoy isn’t coming back

3.  That actually might work (think is cost more than a 3rd)

4. Arians not moving him

5.  God please NO

Seahawks got Clowney for two players and a 3rd. I'd increase the offer for Miller to Murphy, a #2and #3 if Denver gave back a 5th.

I know McCoy won't be back but it would be a great story

Why not Trent Williams? Assuming they make the playoffs the Bills would be giving up a #1 in the 20's and with the second round swap would be getting a #2 in the early to mid 30's. That is a Probowl level OT and still keep a relatively high draft pick that will cost them less.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm with you on being mystified, but even some of our media guys are on board with the Green love.  AJ Green is a great wide receiver, but he's struggled with injury, he's coming back from torn ligaments, and he just suited up and did "light working out and stretching" less than a week ago.  Ligament repair at least used to require immobility (where's @Mr. WEO?) to allow the ligaments to reattach, and that means significant need to work back into "game shape".  And this is his final year under contract. 

The Bengals say they aren't going to trade him (didn't the Jaguars say that about Ramsey?) but that probably means they will for the right asking price.  Cross their palm with firsts, and he's yours.  I don't think it's the right move for us to give up a first and more for maybe a 6-8 game rental on a guy coming back from debilitating injury.  I think it's a "desperation move", a move for a team that was expected to contend for the championship, has a window that's closing, and that feels they're a WR away from getting it done.

I also don't see the Bills as a WR from getting it done.  Would a WR on the caliber of a healthy AJ Green make a significant difference for us, sure.  But the Bills are ultimatey going to Ride or Die on what's between Josh Allen's ears this season.  If he "takes care of the football" and "takes what the defense gives him", we can win with what we have.

Here!

Not expert at ligament damage.  But I see a guy like Green wondering how long all of this is worth all of this.  He's earned 90 million through this season.  He's missed 19 games in the past 4 seasons.  He's appeared (briefly) in 1 game in nearly a year.  He has to know that all of that will factor into any offer he gets from his next team so the big earning years are over. 

He can't stay on the field anymore--why would he keep at it?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Seahawks got Clowney for two players and a 3rd. I'd increase the offer for Miller to Murphy, a #2and #3 if Denver gave back a 5th.

I know McCoy won't be back but it would be a great story

Why not Trent Williams? Assuming they make the playoffs the Bills would be giving up a #1 in the 20's and with the second round swap would be getting a #2 in the early to mid 30's. That is a Probowl level OT and still keep a relatively high draft pick that will cost them less.

Houston had Zero Leverage with Clowney totally different scenario.

Lets see why not Trent Williams:  He hasn't worked football now in now how long.  Is he healthy from his Latest SERIOUS Medical issue?  Skins already turned a 1st round pick down.  He hasnt played a full 16 game season since 2013.  Has Knee and Back issues So yeah NOPE

I can't see Beane looking at aging poorly Trent Williams's recent availability and all of the drama surrounding how he feels his (many) injuries were handled by another team AND the fact that this guy has been sitting around his  house for months----and deciding to dump the rookie HE just drafted AND give up a 2.

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Houston had Zero Leverage with Clowney totally different scenario.

Lets see why not Trent Williams:  He hasn't worked football now in now how long.  Is he healthy from his Latest SERIOUS Medical issue?  Skins already turned a 1st round pick down.  He hasnt played a full 16 game season since 2013.  Has Knee and Back issues So yeah NOPE

Hmmm. I don't agree.  Clowney would have had to show up to get credit for his season. If they let him walk after 2019 no doubt the free agent contract he would sign would net them a 3rd round compensation pick. So they got a couple players and got the pick a year early. 

Denver is in full rebuild mode. If I'm Elway, I don't trade Miller as they just signed a defensive minded HC. But if Elway wants to stock the team with young talent Miller is his only real asset. Emmanuel Sanders might net at best a 4th rounder but even that is a stretch.

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Hmmm. I don't agree.  Clowney would have had to show up to get credit for his season. If they let him walk after 2019 no doubt the free agent contract he would sign would net them a 3rd round compensation pick. So they got a couple players and got the pick a year early. 

Denver is in full rebuild mode. If I'm Elway, I don't trade Miller as they just signed a defensive minded HC. But if Elway wants to stock the team with young talent Miller is his only real asset. Emmanuel Sanders might net at best a 4th rounder but even that is a stretch.

By Week 10.  

Are they?  Did they not just win their last two, and Elway is GMing for his JOB this year.