1 REALISTIC trade that you’d like to see before the deadline?

Trent Williams has been to 7 straight pro bowls, 2 years left (?) on his contract id give up a 1st for him.  OJ Howard id give a second for, I think he could be a Jerry Hughes of the offense kinda trade.  I dont like trades but whatever they can do to help JA grow im all in for. Dont think a WR will make nerly as big an impact

Edited by BillsMafia13

A couple things:

1.  I hope they don’t give up any draft picks: they’re doing it right and I hope they stay the course. 

2. I don’t get the AJ Green love around here. I just don’t get it as he’s at the end of his shelf life and hasn’t even played this year. Give up a draft pick for that?

With that being said, Evans is intriguing. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That’s realistic Kirb??  There is zero chance McBeane trades Ford halfway into his rookie season.

I’d trade a 4th to Atlanta for Austin Hooper.

That's realistic, Coach Tuesday?  Atlanta drafted him in the 3rd, he went to the Probowl last year, and he's hauling in 80 YPG this year.  He's one of the few things on their roster that's working.  What exactly is Atlanta's motivation for taking a 4th for him?

Also, who do we trade or release to make room?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

A 4th for the most productive TE in the game? What’s the strategy for the Falcons there?

IF you know anything about the Falcons you know there is zero chance he gets traded during the season.

Now if Arthur decides to blow it up and fire everyone after the season, who knows what the new GM will do.

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

IF you know anything about the Falcons you know there is zero chance he gets traded during the season.

Now if Arthur decides to blow it up and fire everyone after the season, who knows what the new GM will do.

they can’t blow it up. How do they walk away from a Ryan and Julio now? If they can’t, why would they get rid of their third best player for a 4th round pick which will do nothing for them?

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

1st and a 4th for Mike Evans when the Bucs realize Winston ain't the guy and decide to rebuild.

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Like this

Not gonna lie..."it" moved a little when I read LB's post.

...and only a little bit because that is where I am at nowadays.

• Haha (+1) 6

This team is heading in the right direction, no doubt about that but when will the team and schedule line up as beautifully as it has this year? I personally believe Beane should go all in this year and by that I mean see if the absolutely terrible Falcons would take our 1st rounder for the next 2 years and a 4th in 2020 for Julio Jones. I know everyone will say the Falcons will never do that but they need to do something and with Calvin Ridley already on the roster why wouldn't they? Finally, JA needs a big athletic receiver with a large catch radius to help his development. John Brown and Cole Beasley are great but he has no room for error with his accuracy to those guys because of their size. Go get Julio and make a run at it this year with this defense.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

A couple things:

1.  I hope they don’t give up any draft picks: they’re doing it right and I hope they stay the course. 

2. I don’t get the AJ Green love around here. I just don’t get it as he’s at the end of his shelf life and hasn’t even played this year. Give up a draft pick for that?

With that being said, Evans is intriguing. 

I'm with you on being mystified, but even some of our media guys are on board with the Green love.  AJ Green is a great wide receiver, but he's struggled with injury, he's coming back from torn ligaments, and he just suited up and did "light working out and stretching" less than a week ago.  Ligament repair at least used to require immobility (where's @Mr. WEO?) to allow the ligaments to reattach, and that means significant need to work back into "game shape".  And this is his final year under contract. 

The Bengals say they aren't going to trade him (didn't the Jaguars say that about Ramsey?) but that probably means they will for the right asking price.  Cross their palm with firsts, and he's yours.  I don't think it's the right move for us to give up a first and more for maybe a 6-8 game rental on a guy coming back from debilitating injury.  I think it's a "desperation move", a move for a team that was expected to contend for the championship, has a window that's closing, and that feels they're a WR away from getting it done.

I also don't see the Bills as a WR from getting it done.  Would a WR on the caliber of a healthy AJ Green make a significant difference for us, sure.  But the Bills are ultimatey going to Ride or Die on what's between Josh Allen's ears this season.  If he "takes care of the football" and "takes what the defense gives him", we can win with what we have.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I'd drop a first for Williams, he could be the difference between a lot of wins and losses.  Allen has been under pressure a lot of the edge and frankly, thats when the stupid button gets pushed.  I think Williams could stop a lot of that.  You get 5 years from a first rounder, if they work out and then its big money time.  We have seen plenty that don't work out, I'd take 4-5 years of a proven stud at this point.

I'd also try to get OBJ if he really is on the table, you are going to have to pay for him, but again a first and probably a 4th would be worth it for pretty much everything I said above except now you have an elite weapon.

The fact Clowney isnt wearing a Bills uniform right now tells me all of this is not realistic as that was the trade that should have been made.

This team could be improved a lot, picking which of the guys who sits inactive on Sundays to cut isn't that big of a thing if you are getting real talent.

Then it shouldn't be a problem for the person proposing the trade to do so, no?

If we "run this thing" this year, good depth will be one reason we make it. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Again - they have the highest payroll in the league and Blank is about to depart from his MO and fire his coach (and possibly his GM) mid-season.

At this point, how is Trent Williams value more than just a straight up second? I don’t see that. I also definitely don’t see us trading Ford, and I think the staff likes the line as is. We’re 6 weeks into having an 80% turnover with a new OL coach. I think we’ll be fine.

Realistic trade for me- 2nd Rd to Jags for Yannick.