Will the Stadium Stay in Orchard Park? Hear me out

Hammered a Lot

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The infrastructure needs to be alot more than modified to make it super accessible 

I'm not the only one saying that

People act like it's a guarente it's going downtown and that is far from a fact

It takes 1-3 hours to get of OP as you even said, Downtown would be WAY worse

Truth

Buffalo is nothing like NYC transportation wise

People will adapt, they always do.

that and there are far fewer people in Buffalo, even at entry and exit times of games, 

and yes no one knows for certain if or were a new stadium will be built, but the likelihood of The Pegulas wanting the stadium near their sports entertainment businesses is a relative high probability. 

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

People will adapt, they always do.

that and there are far fewer people in Buffalo, even at entry and exit times of games, 

and yes no one knows for certain if or were a new stadium will be built, but the likelihood of The Pegulas wanting the stadium near their sports entertainment businesses is a relative high probability. 

The sabres have played Downtown for 50 years the Bills haven't for 45 years for alot of reasons

14 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Unless you are accustomed to public transportation a person is not going to readily adapt to it.  That is the difference between Yankee stadium which is in a metropolitan area that makes great use of public transportation and Western New York where most people drive their own vehicle to get to where they want to go.  

Should the new stadium be downtown people will adapt, they always do.

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

It's sterile. I agree with you.

I haven't been to the arena since the 2003-2004 renovations. But I have to say I thought it was a great place to watch a hockey game. I sat in regular seats, as well as a luxury box. Have things gotten worse?  Or is it that fans today just need pampering and care about things other than watching the game (one they paid a hefty price to attend)?

Just now, Don Otreply said:

They will proceed in their own way.  In fair weather and nothing going on for the rest of Sunday and an easy day on Monday people will not be too deterred.  At the same time I would bet that it will affect the decisions of a number of people to purchase seats if the experience is not to their liking in the better going.  If I am not happy with getting in and out on a slow day in September I doubt I will buy seats for a meh opponent at a time when snow and ice can be expected.

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I thought the winning design calls for this:

buffalo1.jpg

How are cars going to go down that thing.  Can't wait till it snows... Be like the toboggan chutes @ Chestnut Ridge Park?

Nothing but a feel good contest by Cuomo.  I’d bet the house that the Skyway is still here for at least 20 years if not, 30-40.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

The sabres have played Downtown for 50 years the Bills haven't for 45 years for alot of reasons

Much has changed in Buffalo over the last forty-five years, lots of unused space, much easier to build and modify the traffic flow, times and attitudes have changed, Buffalo is growing again, and that is s very good thing for Buffalo and the surrounding bedroom communities. 

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

But when it comes down to Downtown Buffalo, they usually don't... "Build it and they will come" doesn't apply... Unless it's free.

Buffalo was one city killed by roads.  Expressways.  Buffalo was the first all paved city in the U.S. (for obvious winter reasons)... We have an expressway (Scajaquada) going right through Delaware Park & another(Niagara Section) hugging the water that should have been built further inland.  Buffalo is designed to move people through and out... Not linger in.

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Nothing but a feel good contest by Cuomo.  I’d bet the house that the Skyway is still here for at least 20 years if not, 30-40.  

Oh... I see what you're saying!

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

They will proceed in their own way.  In fair weather and nothing going on for the rest of Sunday and an easy day on Monday people will not be too deterred.  At the same time I would bet that it will affect the decisions of a number of people to purchase seats if the experience is not to their liking in the better going.  If I am not happy with getting in and out on a slow day in September I doubt I will buy seats for a meh opponent at a time when snow and ice can be expected.

Certainly your choice to be a fan the way you like, but you do realize that your former seat will have another backside in it watching the game in the new domed stadium not freezing it’s backside off while snow removal continues outside, right? 

And its not like it’s perfect conditions in OP on a snowy weekend...

Go Bills!!!

One more thought on a covered stadium. Now I admit I've only been to about 4-5 football games inside. I didn't like the experience at ANY of them. Way too artificial for my taste.

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

The NFL is full of Multi billionaires,  making billions of dollars annually,  and many counties have torn down their old stadiums, and “written it off” within the deal made with the multi billionaires to put up a bigger and better version. Tax payers come last, and are only given lip service, the true financial manipulations will never see the light of day, you and I both know this to be true.  

None of us know what the monopoly will do, we only speculate on what might occur.  Me, if they are gonna build a new one,  make it multi use, domed and put it in the city of Buffalo, were it will have the best odds of being a good thing for the little businesses, restauranteurs, bar owners, etc, and even new hotel owners, it’s good for the tax base of the City,  Sleepy bedroom communities (suburbs) don’t need or generally want a bunch of drunk sports fans in there towns anyways, ? yeah, i’m Pro city, won’t deny it...

Go Bills!!!

Municipalities can't "write off" a stadium cost--they are usually founded by bonds which have to be paid off.

The "true financial manipulations" of public stadium deals ALWAYS see the light of day, and they are always a bad deal for the public that pays for them. 

The "odds of being a good thing" for the city or county have overwhelming been disproven time after time.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

The adaption is called television.

Other people will sit in your former seat inside the new domed stadium, and have dinner at the steak house restaurant before they go home, times change, and we are both likely old, and not likely to go to as many games as youngsters will, demographics rule.

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Other people will sit in your former seat inside the new domed stadium, and have dinner at the steak house restaurant before they go home, times change, and we are both likely old, and not likely to go to as many games as youngsters will, demographics rule.

Don, may I call you Don, or do you prefer Mr. Otreply? Anyway, whichever it is...we get your point. The horse died hours ago.

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You are dreaming Don. The demographic trends don't support "youngsters" being all that interested. The additional PITA getting in and out is not going to help.

P.S. Yankee games average 42,000 so it is not relevant.

Edited by RememberTheRockpile
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

What's the bill going to be on that dinner?

Remember... We are mostly "sweater wearers and cooler draggers."

I hope the powers that be don't misjudge who their market really is.

We got a loyal fan hollering all hell when "surge" pricing for the Cheaters game dinged him 5 extra bucks.

CC:

@BringBackFergy

@mead107 

@Cripple Creek

BCC:

@Gugny

I hope I have this "blind carbon copy" thing all figured out... I'd sure hate to screw up and get their name out there.  LoL..

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What's the bill going to be on that dinner?

Remember... We are most "sweater wearers and cooler draggers."

I hope the powers that be don't misjudge who their market really is.

We got a loyal fan hollering all hell when "surge" pricing for the Cheaters game dinged him 5 extra bucks.

CC:

@BringBackFergy

@mead107 

@Cripple Creek

BCC:

@Gugny

I hope I have this "blind carbon copy" thing all figured out... I'd sure hate to screw up and get their name out there.  LoL..

You spelled "gouge" wrong.

Principle.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:
33 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Much has changed in Buffalo over the last forty-five years, lots of unused space, much easier to build and modify the traffic flow, times and attitudes have changed, Buffalo is growing again, and that is s very good thing for Buffalo and the surrounding bedroom communities. 

I live in Buffalo and walk the city everyday. From downtown to the west side  , east side and in between

You don't have to lecture me on the city

And the majority of the people in the city don't want a downtown stadium

30 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I haven't been to the arena since the 2003-2004 renovations. But I have to say I thought it was a great place to watch a hockey game. I sat in regular seats, as well as a luxury box. Have things gotten worse?  Or is it that fans today just need pampering and care about things other than watching the game (one they paid a hefty price to attend)?

It isnt pampering.  Go to the arena in buffalo, then go to its contemporaries in toronto, montreal, boston, and philly.  Those are a much better place to watch a game and feel like a "hockey barn".  The pitch on the seats in our arena is very gradual, putting you far away.  Tons of bad seats even in the 100s.  In the corners, in the 300s it feels like a different zip code.

Then the bubble roof with the giant blue wall/ductwork.  Sucks all the ambience and nouse right out.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Municipalities can't "write off" a stadium cost--they are usually founded by bonds which have to be paid off.

The "true financial manipulations" of public stadium deals ALWAYS see the light of day, and they are always a bad deal for the public that pays for them. 

The "odds of being a good thing" for the city or county have overwhelming been disproven time after time.

Not going to argue that, I certainly would prefer the Pegulas and the NFL pay the tab, they can certainly afford it. But we also both know Buffalo wants the Team to stay, it does add value to a city to have such an amenity that can enhance reputations, attract people and businesses,

Buffalo is growing again and wants the growth to continue, it would be a huge blow to the city and surrounding communities actual and perceived economic value, which have both suffered over the last many decades, it’s a big picture view for those that make the decisions. It ain’t easy being in that position.