Will the Stadium Stay in Orchard Park? Hear me out

Hammered a Lot

15 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I hate that billionaire owners and the most profitable professional sports league in the country (world?) extorts municipalities for new stadiums with the threat of relocation.  I hate that self-interested and spineless politicians play ball with the NFL as a platform for re-election.   

Where are they pork barreling the money into instead? Your argument works great in a philosophical world, not the one we live in. Have you ever read a piece of legislation and seen the ridiculous funding held within? Oftentimes completely unrelated to a bill in order to get it to pass. I agree with your spineless politician view, but playing ball with the NFL is far from the main reason. I have no problem with tax dollars being spent on stadiums. That is, until politicians can be trusted to handle money reasonably and not waste it endlessly. My point is, currently, the money is just being burnt anyways, it doesn’t matter what they burn it on. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

23 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I hate that billionaire owners and the most profitable professional sports league in the country (world?) extorts municipalities for new stadiums with the threat of relocation.  I hate that self-interested and spineless politicians play ball with the NFL as a platform for re-election.   

+1

If I was in charge, politicians who misused public money would be fed to the lions.

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Thankfully. That band flat out sucks. 

You might not like them, but they do not suck.  They've managed to be relevant for decades.  Sambora is a phenomenal guitarist and I can guarantee you that Jon Bon Jovi has a better voice than the majority of your favorite singers.

You can hate the guy for "plotting to move the Bills to Canada," but don't let your ignorance opine that he and his band aren't legitimately talented and successful.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

You might not like them, but they do not suck.  They've managed to be relevant for decades.  Sambora is a phenomenal guitarist and I can guarantee you that Jon Bon Jovi has a better voice than the majority of your favorite singers.

You can hate the guy for "plotting to move the Bills to Canada," but don't let your ignorance opine that he and his band aren't legitimately talented and successful.

Nah, he sucks ?

• Thank you (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/17/2020 at 10:33 PM, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

maybe downtown Batavia...connect the dots

Well it is on I-90 AND the NYC (or whatever it's called now) tracks.  Training camp is in Rochester.  It's flat, plenty of parking spaces.  No high downtown land acquisition cost.  Cuomo may come up with a Batavia Billion.  There may be some dots there.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/18/2020 at 3:28 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

I have no problem using public money for sports. At least then it is being used for something I enjoy, unlike generations of free-loaders on welfare.

Are we talking people on food stamps or billionaires who don't pay any tax?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are we talking people on food stamps or billionaires who don't pay any tax?

We are talking about food stamps, free housing, free medical, yada yada.

Like I said, at least I enjoy sports.