Congrats Expos/Nats

PromoTheRobot

21 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

The throw was bad but Wrights weak arm at third contributed as well. Having defensive liabilities at 3 infield positions will catch up to you eventually.

Good call. That entires series the Royals exposed the Mets deficiencies with the glove. 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

The Nationals pitching staff will be well rested for the Series. 

Take a look at the history of teams who swept in the LCS and then had to wait a week to play in the WS. It does not bode well for the Nats. 

On 10/16/2019 at 8:52 AM, SinceThe70s said:

They've been riding Scherzer, Strasburg and Corbin to hide their bullpen. Reminds me of the D'backs winning with Schilling and RJ .

I think the layoff could help them out. Travel days and any rain-outs during the series will almost surely help.

If either the Astros or Yankees get to the Nats bullpen it won't be pretty.

Doolittle and Hudson have been great so far.  Rainey has held his own, too.

Other than that.... well, hopefully we don’t have to see too much of the other guys in the pen ?

On 10/18/2019 at 12:53 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

This kind of fan devotion really brings a tear to my eye.

actually a pretty good story...and better than someone BS they have been a fan for ever..and they have been to like two games in 12 years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/18/since-today-fan-becomes-face-nats-world-series-bandwagon/

13 minutes ago, bbb said:

Are you sure about that?  

Buffalo, with War Memorial Stadium, was considered a last minute stand-in if Montreal couldn't get its act together

a harbinger for the botching of the 76 Olympics....  :D

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Houston's supposed great offense and bullpen were complete zeros in this series.  The manager wasn't much better.

Blowing a 2-0 lead. No team in the series won a home game.....

Bryce Harper watching from Home, probably sitting on a huge stack of cash...............

On 10/21/2019 at 7:17 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Scherzer vs. Cole 3 times?

Verlander vs. Strassburg twice?

Greinke vs. Corbin twice?

That sounds pretty good if you ask me.

Thats just a crazy pitching lineup...........

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/18/2019 at 11:46 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

Piss on the Nats. They never should have left Montreal!

Did it hurt much???    LOL  

6 hours ago, Figster said:

Congrads Nationals, great 7th game. 19 - 31 at one point in the season. defying numerous elimination games. Down on the scoreboard tonight. Resilient, never say die group of athletes.

Who would've thunked it...

Oh the doom and gloom by the local sports media personalities!! 

Road Warriors  ... 

too bad you lost all 3 at home.  ;)  ;)  

As a San Diego Padres fan (ouch) I usually have to dig for a reason to root in the World Series.  This year I thought there was a lot to like about both teams and very little to dislike.  I decided to root for the Nets, and Strasburg in particular because there was a connection to the Padres.  It was my all time favorite player, Tony Gwynn.  I recently found this article on his relationship with Strasburg.  It is definitely worth the read.

I thought the series was great.  I was very impressed with several players and their approach.  I guess the top ones for me were Strasburg, Greinke ,Rendon, Eaton, Springer, Urquidy and more (not Fernando Rodney).  As much as I dislike the all power hitting-all power pitching that has taken baseball by storm, I thought this series had elements of how to beat that.

I found two little parts of game 7 very interesting.  Early in the game I noticed Greinke shake off his catcher twice just before getting a big out on the next pitch.  I can't remember if it was the double play or a K.  That told me he's have a good game, which he did.  He was very calm.  Although I'm sure it must have happened I didn't notice him shaking off the catcher again until he was 2-0 on Rendon in the 7th.  They seemed locked in and I thought the shake off was weird.  The next pitch was a home run.  Rendon was so good the whole series I wonder if he had the pitch figured out because of the shake offs.