New Wawrow article on the DUKE

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Favorite quote:

"You can never take anything for granted because as soon as you do, that's how fast it can be taken away," Williams said. "It was all fun and games last week, but it's a business now, you know."

• Like (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

New Wawrow article on the DUKE

"The" Duke?

Yuk. Unless he starts to refer to himself this way, this is like calling a guy, "The Bob," or "The Ted," or "The Alexander."

I like the guy, though. Everytime I hear about him it's impressive. I'm just afraid he won't be much more than a tough guy who can make contested catches but can't find open space. Hope I'm wrong about that.

• Sad 1

Good article.  Hard not to root for Duke.

I wonder who the other teams were that inquired about trading for Zay going back to training camp, and what were they offering.  Had to be better than a 2021 5th round pick.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

"The" Duke?

Yuk. Unless he starts to refer to himself this way, this is like calling a guy, "The Bob," or "The Ted," or "The Alexander."

I like the guy, though. Everytime I hear about him it's impressive. I'm just afraid he won't be much more than a tough guy who can make contested catches but can't find open space. Hope I'm wrong about that.

wth’s the matter with it? There are some nicknames that effectively work adding ‘the’. Notably, John ‘the Duke’ Wayne. There’s already a precedent for it. George the Animal Steele, Elvis the King Presley.

Alit from the high horse.

signed,

The Chandler#81

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

"The" Duke?

Lol..well no, it’s not like that. It’s a play on words because  a “ Duke” is a noble man ranked just below a Prince. Kind if like if ones name was Chief , or King, Prez etc etc. Putting a “ the” in front of the names you mention just looks silly. You really can’t see the difference ? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Good article.  Hard not to root for Duke.

I wonder who the other teams were that inquired about trading for Zay going back to training camp, and what were they offering.  Had to be better than a 2021 5th round pick.

Well supposedly a trade was in place but fell out as well.  I think a significant factor to not trade Zay then was Fosters turf toe issue.  Beane even said its all about timing as to why he didn’t do it then, so I think not having a healthy Foster was probably a relevant factor heading into a season where we already had 8 new faces on the starting offense for Josh to adjust too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From the article:

"Williams knows better than to take his debut lightly. He initially balked at an interview request because his first priority was heading to the weight room for a post-practice workout."

He seems grounded.  I like that he mentioned that his past made him who he is.  This is so true, as long as you make the mindset change a troubled past can be an edge that most don't have.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'm just going to leave this here.

Is this guy lost? What love?

Bills fans wanted the Bills to sign him to the active roster to see what he has because Jones sucked. That is all. It's not love, it's wanting to improve the team.

And Mr. Wawrow, the early returns are good. Just because 31 other teams didn't want him doesn't mean a darn thing.

I am curious to what really happened at Auburn.  The documentary about him said he got in a fight and was kicked off the team.  That seems pretty harsh.  Players get in fights all the time and might get a suspension but not kicked off the team.  And then NFL team will certainly give it a chance.