Jalen Ramsey Traded to Rams

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s 33, has a record of 27-11, and just went to the SB.  I guess he could have won SBs both years. Some of you have insane expectations. 

Probably should have just drafted him instead of trading up for Zay.

Doesn’t qualify as a genius to me. He has had a couple nice years. To become a genius you need a pedigree over a long period of time. Just my opinion. He’s off to a nice start. That’s it. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'll bet the Rams don't even make the playoffs this year.

I’ll take that bet. What you wanna wager? Avatar choice or something?

3 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Doesn’t qualify as a genius to me. He has had a couple nice years. To become a genius you need a pedigree over a long period of time. Just my opinion. He’s off to a nice start. That’s it. 

That’s about as good of a start as any coach ever.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Insane but it’s a team coming off a SB.  Probably hoping they will be low 1sts and maybe it’s puts them over the top.  Having a shut down cb can really help your pass rush.  

All of your posts on this are looking at it in a vacuum. If this was the Rams big splash move to try and win a Super Bowl, fine. The issue is they are going 5 consecutive years without a 1st round pick, along with other mid round picks, and they just made Goff the highest paid QB in history. That is not a sustainable team strategy. If they win the Super Bowl this year then it won't matter. If they don't their window is immediately over and they will be terrible for years.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

All of your posts on this are looking at it in a vacuum. If this was the Rams big splash move to try and win a Super Bowl, fine. The issue is they are going 5 consecutive years without a 1st round pick, along with other mid round picks, and they just made Goff the highest paid QB in history. That is not a sustainable team strategy. If they win the Super Bowl this year then it won't matter. If they don't their window is immediately over and they will be terrible for years.

I don’t necessarily disagree but your team isn’t just built on 1st round picks.  Kupp was a 3rd rounder. They signed Woods. They traded for Cooks, a former 1st rounder.  They signed Talib.  

Plenty of other ways to build your team. I think it is a really high price but odds are the Jags aren’t going to get a better player than Ramsey with those picks (though I completely understand why they did it). 

It only takes one to set the market. Levitre. Whitner. Clements. All players that were overpaid. Ramsey is a great player. But not worth two picks. But just like Watkins, the trade is over. Now you just have to evaluate his play on the field. Peters was terrible and they at least got a LB for him. Talib can still return. The Rams just need a way to sneak into the playoffs and get healthy later in the season. Remember Cooper Kupp is still coming back from injury and missed the playoffs last year.  I won't fault a team that is this close to another SB for going all in. Would I have made the trade. Nope, but at the same time I can see why they did.

Just now, Protocal69 said:

Dumb trade. Overpaid at RB, QB already and both are regressing. NO 1st round pick for the next 2 year to restock roster. Rams about to sitting in basement of the NFC WEST for a while

The problem is I think Goff might be the worst QB in that division. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah it certainly looks that way by dropping two in a row and being well behind Seattle and SF; both of whom beat the Rams already this season.

just pack it up and head home I guess. Lost two in a row before the half way mark? ::eye roll::

I don’t know if Ramsey is the guy but we both know there’s a ton of football left 

As good as Jalen Ramsey is, I would be furious if Beane traded two ones for any player that isn’t a QB or out-of-his-mind dominant pass rusher like Khalil Mack. And even the pass rusher would leave me nervous. Corners are valuable, but no corner impacts a game enough to warrant that kind of draft capital. Not Deion or Revis. None of them. There are ways to work the offense around/away from a good corner. Happens all the time. 

Edited by TheProcess

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

just pack it up and head home I guess. Lost two in a row before the half way mark? ::eye roll::

I don’t know if Ramsey is the guy but we both know there’s a ton of football left 

They're inconsistent and Ramsey won't make that much of a difference.  The Rams will not be part of the NFC playoffs this year.