Jalen Ramsey Traded to Rams

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As terrible as Goff was last week, I struggle to call a guy who passed for 900 yards the previous 2 weeks bottom tier.  Their defense has been a huge problem, 

Yards mean nothing.  Watch the games.  Hes bottom 15 for sure.  He's Tannehill that's less mobile.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As terrible as Goff was last week, I struggle to call a guy who passed for 900 yards the previous 2 weeks bottom tier.  Their defense has been a huge problem, 

He’s just not that good.  McVay has been scheming to cover up his deficiencies but I think the book is out there now - I predict he’s hit his ceiling and he’ll soon go the Kirk Cousons route - occasional monster games but the norm will be flameouts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

this boards been saying it for several years but I recall watching them in the big game despite having a shaky qb and injured star rb. 

I’m not saying model after everything they do but maybe there’s some sense to it. 

things probably hit the fan when their qb contract catches up to them and he’s not great... but if he does step up they will be relatively fine.

Maybe they should do what the Bills do. They've lost 3 straight and the Bills are 4-1.

Just now, Hebert19 said:

Yards mean nothing.  Watch the games.  Hes bottom 15 for sure.  He's Tannehill that's less mobile.  

Folks gotta stop with these hot takes. At Age 25, Goff has 2 seasons of more td passes than RT’s career high and is coming off a SB.  He may never be Rodgers but to compare him to Tannehill is a Skip Bayless level take. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, QCity said:

Yeah, Sammy the Decoy propelled them to the conference finals. Just stop. They got swindled in that deal and Snead looked like a clown, just as he does today making this panic trade. He just lost a ton of leverage in Ramsey's next negotiation, as trading 2 first-round picks for a short-term rental would almost certainly get him axed (barring a miracle SB win).

I never even implied Sammy propelled them. I said they took a swing at a high upside guy and got compensation back at the end too. Was trading pick 63 for 97 (or whatever the exact numbers) terribly expensive? 

im not a huge Ramsey advocate specifically but the dramatics around here involving anyone making a move is a bit much. 

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Maybe they should do what the Bills do. They've lost 3 straight and the Bills are 4-1.

I mean, comparing the defending nfc champions to the September afc wild card team is likewise a bit much.

We are doing well and are entering the window they are exiting. seems beane is interested but hasn’t pulled the trigger yet. Hopefully he does make a few splashes soon.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He’s just not that good.  McVay has been scheming to cover up his deficiencies but I think the book is out there now - I predict he’s hit his ceiling and he’ll soon go the Kirk Cousons route - occasional monster games but the norm will be flameouts.

Do I think he’s great? No but to not give him any credit is not fair at all.  McVay doesn’t ok his extension if he does believe in him.  He was awesome in college.  And if it was that simple, why don’t we get an OC like McVay so Allen can average more than 1 td/ game. I’d love to have a bottom tier qb who passed for 32 td.

45 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Do you really have to wonder if they thought of it? Do you think they just up and forgot about the cap?

Or at the end of the year do they give him a high signing bonus contract pushing the hit down the line with plans of Gurley coming off the books sooner rather than later and Goffs cap hit to drop while the cap continues to rise?

I hope they thought about their cap situation and realize that they can't keep big contract on five guys.  They're going to have to shed someone and as you mentioned, Gurley could be it.  To me, it looks like they're cutting it close, however they decide to pay for Ramsey's long term deal.  Kicking that can down the road means they won't have space to make another big deal, so the Rams are going to have to decide who their core guys are and stick to it; though I'd worry a little about Goff as a core guy.  Everyone else will need to be a role player that can be traded or let walk as needed.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Folks gotta stop with these hot takes. At Age 25, Goff has 2 seasons of more td passes than RT’s career high and is coming off a SB.  He may never be Rodgers but to compare him to Tannehill is a Skip Bayless level take. 

Former GM Mike Lombardi:

https://theathletic.com/1292872/2019/10/14/andy-reid-chiefs-pace-of-game-week-6-texans/

How the Rams gave Jared Goff that huge contract (four years, $134 million) I will never understand. The Rams knew that their head coach Sean McVay was hiding the faults of Goff with his offensive system, and now McVay can no longer keep opponents from attacking Goff in the right manner. The 49ers are for real, and as I wrote about on Friday, I consider them to be the best team in the NFC, but for them to hold the Rams’ offense with Cooper Kupp (remember, everyone said losing Kupp was the reason Goff struggled last year) to 56 yards passing is a colossal indictment of Goff.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tannehill never had woods Sammy cooks kupp etc and a great head coach that reads the D for you.  This is more than hot take.  Again.  Watch the games.  If I looked at just the stats page on espn I'd think Winston was a good QB too.  He too is *****.  Stats dont tell everything. 

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

We are doing well and are entering the window they are exiting. seems beane is interested but hasn’t pulled the trigger yet. Hopefully he does make a few splashes soon.

I don't want splashes. I want smart football decisions that don't involve giving away our next two first round picks.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Former GM Mike Lombardi:

https://theathletic.com/1292872/2019/10/14/andy-reid-chiefs-pace-of-game-week-6-texans/

How the Rams gave Jared Goff that huge contract (four years, $134 million) I will never understand. The Rams knew that their head coach Sean McVay was hiding the faults of Goff with his offensive system, and now McVay can no longer keep opponents from attacking Goff in the right manner. The 49ers are for real, and as I wrote about on Friday, I consider them to be the best team in the NFC, but for them to hold the Rams’ offense with Cooper Kupp (remember, everyone said losing Kupp was the reason Goff struggled last year) to 56 yards passing is a colossal indictment of Goff.

Lombardi is good at being a critic but he just has one of the worst drafts in nfl history.  Like terrible for the Browns.

but I guess we’ll agree to disagree. I think he is easily a top 15 qb and has clearly shown you can win a lot of games with him.

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

Tannehill never had woods Sammy cooks kupp etc and a great head coach that reads the D for you.  This is more than hot take.  Again.  Watch the games.  If I looked at just the stats page on espn I'd think Winston was a good QB too.  He too is *****.  Stats dont tell everything. 

I guess you missed where he just went to SB and led the a top 3 offense the last 3 years.  But obviously, the QBs deserves no credit.

i would do bad things for a Bills qb to put up numbers like terrible Goff.  Really bad things. 

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I hope they thought about their cap situation and realize that they can't keep big contract on five guys.  They're going to have to shed someone and as you mentioned, Gurley could be it.  To me, it looks like they're cutting it close, however they decide to pay for Ramsey's long term deal.  Kicking that can down the road means they won't have space to make another big deal, so the Rams are going to have to decide who their core guys are and stick to it; though I'd worry a little about Goff as a core guy.  Everyone else will need to be a role player that can be traded or let walk as needed.

get excited, it’s the new Nfl. Load up around your qb while getting a 30m a year discount on his contract and hope for a SB. At the end hope he’s the guy cause he’s going to count as 2 cornerstone contracts.

If he’s more Russell Wilson, great, into the dynasty building with smart drafting. If he’s more Sanchez/kaepernick you at least enjoyed the ride before starting over. 

The one thing I wouldn’t want is a tannehill/mariotta style where you peak at a playoff contender. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't want splashes. I want smart football decisions that don't involve giving away our next two first round picks.

I definitely won’t want a top 3 cb. I’d rather have Josh Dotcson, Treadwell, Darren Lee, Corey Coleman, Karl Joseph, etc.  that’s from 3 years ago.  

I get it’s a huge package but Ramsey is a player you are praying to draft already. 

12 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Agreed.  Goff is highly overrated; prone to very bad decisions and cannot process a defense unless that is given to him from McVay.  I've heard the term "manufactured" to describe Jared Goff, sounds about right.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

you might not believe it but sometimes the splash is the smart football choice too, as scary as that might seem.