Jalen Ramsey Traded to Rams

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

QB and RB. Yes, they have those. And both play well at times. But when it comes to the difference in winning the SB - neither played well in the SB and neither are playing well now.  Gurley just isn’t reliable with his health. 

I would have said a player on each line.  If I had to pick one, OL.

I think Goff is the kind of QB where an extra 200 mSec to throw the ball makes all the difference to results, and upgrading the OL might help Gurley too.

You do have a point on the RB though.

This is just nuts though.  They're freakin' 3rd and 3, do they think the Seasnakes and 9ers are going to back off and let them through?

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

QB and RB. Yes, they have those. And both play well at times. But when it comes to the difference in winning the SB - neither played well in the SB and neither are playing well now.  Gurley just isn’t reliable with his health. 

To be honest, after perusing their stats, they need alot! Run D is good and pass rush decent, the rest not so much. And, McVay's offense doesn't look good anywhere right now.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow. Rams going crazy and doing dumb things. Absolutely horrible trade.

this boards been saying it for several years but I recall watching them in the big game despite having a shaky qb and injured star rb. 

I’m not saying model after everything they do but maybe there’s some sense to it. 

things probably hit the fan when their qb contract catches up to them and he’s not great... but if he does step up they will be relatively fine.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Rams look to have regressed in many ways this year. Gurley's career has taken a turn ala Terrell Davis. McVay is having a harder time reading defenses for Goff. The OL is playing like crap. The defense has not been what it was last year also. It's like the team as a whole has taken a step back. Factor in that Seattle and SF have gotten better then you have a team that has to actually fight for position within their division, let alone their conference. I think they were exposed in the SB and the better teams they face are using that blueprint. 

Edited by H2o

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I mean, they did go to the Super Bowl last year....

You could argue that Gurley being less than himself and Goff taking a step back is what’s hurting this season. 

in a super tight window that is already closing on them, and I don't think Ramsey opens it back up.. Maybe he delays the shutting, but those picks missing speeds it up just as much.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

He is arguably the best CB in the league.  It's a premier position, arguably worth even more than a top edge rusher.  That's worth 2 firsts.  There were apparently multiple teams willing to give that up for him.

He is at times- he hasn't been the past 2 seasons. He's also a headcase. I think he's probably worth the payment, but for the Rams it doesn't make sense. Also, I disagree about the Edge Rusher comment. I don't think that's accurate in today's NFL where number 1 WR's are a thing of the past. A shutdown CB locking out a WR only impacts part of the play. An edge rusher getting to the passer, hitting him, disrupting rhythm, getting sacks, etc. impacts the entire play.  

1 minute ago, Logic said:

As far as the Rams go...I think all these years of not drafting their own young blue chip players are going to bite Les Snead in the ass. You can't just keep trading away picks for star players forever. First of all, collecting stars does not a great team make. Secondly, you can't pay everyone. Thirdly, at some point, you need to replenish your roster with young, cheap labor. Snead can't play this game forever with his draft picks. 

As far as the Jaguars go...it's hard to argue with getting two 1st round picks in exchange for a cornerback who has made it clear he wants out. I DO find it funny sometimes, however, how easily teams are willing to part with supremely talented players. Especially lately. Everyone calls it a win for the Jaguars, but draft picks don't mean squat if you don't know what to do with them. In order for the Jags to "win" the trade, they actually need to use their picks wisely. That part's not always so easy.

Maybe owners are waking up to the fact that there's two kinds of crazy- intentional, controlled crazy (think TO, Randy Moss, etc) where it's about creating a persona and being known or getting their way, and then there's crazy crazy... AB crazy. Ramsey seems more the second to me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Like they did with Sammy?

that team loves giving away draft picks.  Dumb

ill again point to them winning their conference last year. 

plenty of day two draft picks don’t work out. They moved on, got a replacement, and received a 3rd round compensatory pick. Essentially they traded back 35 spots on day 2 of the following year to try to fill a hole there. (I’m aware of Gaines but seemed ready to move on from him)

Id be fine with that choice here. Worst case is what happened, best case you get a good guy cheap.

Edited by NoSaint

5 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Like Watkins - that cost them a bunch and they still lost him.  Did not recover the sunk costs.  Plus it led to a panic trade of a first for a WR the next year.

Didn’t really cost them THAT much. 

a late second and a corner they couldn’t rely on

for a 6, a year of Sammy on a rookie deal and a 3rd round comp pick? 

Doubt anyone lost sleep over it. 

Edited by NoSaint

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Maybe owners are waking up to the fact that there's two kinds of crazy- intentional, controlled crazy (think TO, Randy Moss, etc) where it's about creating a persona and being known or getting their way, and then there's crazy crazy... AB crazy. Ramsey seems more the second to me. 

Fair enough, and I don't disagree.

What I DON'T like, however, and what I fear is setting a dangerous precedent, is this notion that as soon as you decide you don't want to play for your current team for whatever reason, you just start acting like a jerk, refusing to show up for work, making a scene on social media, and creating a big distraction for your team. It worked for AB (I mean, for a minute at least), it worked for Ramsey, it worked for Minkah Fitzpatrick. 

Players are more and more willing to do whatever it takes to get traded, even if it means losing money and causing huge distractions to their teams. Owners, meanwhile, as you point out, seem more and more willing to oblige the players.

• Like (+1) 1