Jalen Ramsey Traded to Rams

I guess this just goes to show that what I perceive as a team's weakness, and what that team perceives as its weakness, are not close to the same thing.

If you asked me to name one position I felt the Rams needed to upgrade so badly it was worth giving up 2 1st round picks, it would not have been CB

That said, they did get gouged for a lot of pass yards the last 3 weeks: 376 by Tampa, 262 by Seattle, 331 by Frisco

Talib played against Tampa and Seattle, too

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No DB is worth that.

He is arguably the best CB in the league.  It's a premier position, arguably worth even more than a top edge rusher.  That's worth 2 firsts.  There were apparently multiple teams willing to give that up for him.

Edited by mannc

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I mean, they did go to the Super Bowl last year....

You could argue that Gurley being less than himself and Goff taking a step back is what’s hurting this season. 

You mean the last two 1st round picks that they've actually made?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

1 player away from the SB.

What would you have said they needed? 

QB and RB. Yes, they have those. And both play well at times. But when it comes to the difference in winning the SB - neither played well in the SB and neither are playing well now.  Gurley just isn’t reliable with his health. 

As far as the Rams go...I think all these years of not drafting their own young blue chip players are going to bite Les Snead in the ass. You can't just keep trading away picks for star players forever. First of all, collecting stars does not a great team make. Secondly, you can't pay everyone. Thirdly, at some point, you need to replenish your roster with young, cheap labor. Snead can't play this game forever with his draft picks. 

As far as the Jaguars go...it's hard to argue with getting two 1st round picks in exchange for a cornerback who has made it clear he wants out. I DO find it funny sometimes, however, how easily teams are willing to part with supremely talented players. Especially lately. Everyone calls it a win for the Jaguars, but draft picks don't mean squat if you don't know what to do with them. In order for the Jags to "win" the trade, they actually need to use their picks wisely. That part's not always so easy.

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No DB is worth that.

If you think they are late picks and he helps make at least 1 of them land in the 30s I would say there’s an argument plenty go for more. 

what’s a late 1 this year plus another late 1 get you moved up to in the draft? Teens, roughly?

plenty of corners go top 10 and it’s not a stretch to argue that getting a proven guy offsets some of the cash compared to drafting