Feliz Navidad: Jon Feliciano is balling

YoloinOhio

I think the narrative of McBeane not doing well with free agent signings is going to fade away. Brown and Beasley have delivered the upgrade at WR, Mitch is playing as well as we thought, and some unheralded signings like Feliciano are balling out too. Even some of the lesser successful signings are still producing to a decent level like Ty. 

Overall I think the fact that McBeane finally had a lot of cap space to work with proved that this regime can make quality pro-personnel decisions. Granted not everything has worked out like Kroft but the quality moves have far outweighed the busts. 

18 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

With both Spain and Felciano proving to be solid additions, this team is going to have a big decision to make in regards to Cody Ford who has certainly been a bust thus far and doesn't resemble an NFL tackle or even an average NFL guard at this point.

I guess we would say same thing about you.  Time to cut you!

On 10/15/2019 at 6:41 PM, Limeaid said:

Jon Feliciano signed a 2 year, $7,250,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $1,500,000 signing bonus, $3,900,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,625,000.

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Jon has a 2 year deal I think.....I think he is our RG

I think Spain is going to be cut loose as he is only on a 1 year deal....and Ford is going to go to LG

Why would we do that?   Because our OT situations are not settled........and money is going to need to go there

Information on his contract was posted earlier.

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Spain is going to be cut loose as he is only on a 1 year deal....and Ford is going to go to LG

Why would we do that?   Because our OT situations are not settled........and money is going to need to go there

I could see them keeping Spain a bit longer..

They have money to spend and he is at worst quality depth if not competing to start..

Totally speculating here but could be resign for 3 years say $12 Mil with $6Mil guaranteed?

His market was not strong last year...

Long would be ( long) gone in this scenario though..

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It's way too early to give up on Ford at RT.  And Bates is also a candidate there.  They need to see if he (Bates) can be the answer if Ford doesn't appear to be.

8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

They have money to spend and he is at worst quality depth if not competing to start..

Totally speculating here but could be resign for 3 years say $12 Mil with $6Mil guaranteed?

No need to dump Long.  He's under contract for 2 more years.  Especially if they let Spain walk.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

It's way too early to give up on Ford at RT.  And Bates is also a candidate there.  They need to see if he (Bates) can be the answer if Ford doesn't appear to be.

No need to dump Long.  He's under contract for 2 more years.  Especially if they let Spain walk.

I would like for Ford to work out at RT as well.....but I have to be honest in my evaluation.....worse then Mills right now.   Bates actually looked BETTER and he is a young OL as well

That in no way means that I am down on Ford.....just play him at his position of strength....Morse is a concussion waiting to happen so Jon has to be ready to moveover....Ford is needed it was still a good pick

1 hour ago, Doc said:

My point is if they can keep Spain , and they move Ford to G as was suggested in the post I responded to, they could cut Long who has limited guaranteed money after this year..

They obviously prefer Spain as he is starting now..

Of course his cost  next year and beyond remains to be seen..

Agree if they lose Spain then keep Long...

16 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I can't see Spain coming back unless it is on a modest one year deal. Which might be possible since his market this past off-season wasn't too hot and his play has been fairly average or less thus far. I think long term they are going to kick Ford in at LG next season if he continues to struggle at RG. 

I think Spain would be excellent as a backup but I would rather throw that money elsewhere if he commands anything more than a 3ish million dollar one year deal. Bates and Long are already in place as depth along the interior O-line and I think they are going to draft another O-line player high to push Ty for the RT spot which would add another quality bench player. 

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I would like for Ford to work out at RT as well.....but I have to be honest in my evaluation.....worse then Mills right now.   Bates actually looked BETTER and he is a young OL as well

That in no way means that I am down on Ford.....just play him at his position of strength....Morse is a concussion waiting to happen so Jon has to be ready to moveover....Ford is needed it was still a good pick

Small sample size for Bates though. I need to see him over 4 complete games or so to make a true honest assesment. 

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I can't see Spain coming back unless it is on a modest one year deal. Which might be possible since his market this past off-season wasn't too hot and his play has been fairly average or less thus far. I think long term they are going to kick Ford in at LG next season if he continues to struggle at RG. 

I think Spain would be excellent as a backup but I would rather throw that money elsewhere if he commands anything more than a 3ish million dollar one year deal. Bates and Long are already in place as depth along the interior O-line and I think they are going to draft another O-line player high to push Ty for the RT spot which would add another quality bench player. 

But they are paying Long more now to be a backup for another two years....

If they get Spain for the same money as Long, they will keep Spain.... ( $4Mil per year..)

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

But they are paying Long more now to be a backup for another two years....

If they get Spain for the same money as Long, they will keep Spain.... ( $4Mil per year..)

Long is much more versatile than Spain. Although I get the value proposition that Spain might be better. But in the end I guess you can't have enough Oline depth so I wouldn't hate the move provided that Spain would be Ok competing for a spot.

Just now, billsfan89 said:

Long is much more versatile than Spain. Although I get the value proposition that Spain might be better. But in the end I guess you can't have enough Oline depth so I wouldn't hate the move provided that Spain would be Ok competing for a spot.

Yes.. Long is more versatile as Spain seems strictly a G..

But as I mentioned.. it seems they prefer Spain to start..

Long was signed early last offseason  before free agency started.. the way his contract is structured tells me his future might be a little questionable...

However, he hasn’t done anything wrong in his limited playing time this year to date..

Beane has covered all bases and he can ultimately decide to keep  Long as depth if Spain leaves..