Kaepernick Black-balled?

Should Colin Kaepernick be allowed to play?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have a problem with Colin Kaepernick playing for an NFL Team?

• No Problem! He should be allowed to play!
    • He should NOT be allowed to play!
  2. 2. Hypothetical Scenario to make it interesting: Josh Allen needs "Bogosian/UPL-type hip surgery; should the Bills sign Kaepernick to start or back-up Barkley?

• Sign him!
    • Let's find some other talent and weather the storm 'til Josh comes back next year - mid-season!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:00 AM

12 minutes ago, Pieguy said:

All I’m saying is he wasn’t trying to antagonize the situation like it’s made out to be. All this stuff happened before his protests, but somehow it turns into “this idiot wore a Castro shirt to a press conference in Miami!”. Lol, no he didn’t.

Get serious. He wore the shirt. He wore the socks. He repeatedly kneeled. If he doesn’t see the trouble there, then he’s too stupid to be on my team. His best defense is CTE. 

I’ll give you credit. Your “mild” trolling gets you a little more slack. But his downfall is mostly self-inflicted. Be smart, willing to work your way up at market value, be employed. Be a jerk, not worth the trouble. Period. 

Edited by Augie

51 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Lmao... Calling those who risk their lives for societies benefit pigs because a few are bad, pushing propaganda of a mass murderer, disrespecting our country and its flag, insulting your bosses, AND THE BIGGEST PART ALL HIS APOLOGISTS CONVENIENTLY FORGET... all after being benched because he sucked, is the personification of a sellout. 

REMEMBER THIS GUY ONLY "KNEELED FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE" ONCE HE GOT BENCHED FOR BLAINE GABBERT. THAT IS YOUR HERO.

Antonio Brown was just trying to stop a gold digger from taking his monies... Maybe, he should have threatened her for "equality" purposes... 

The biggest difference between the two is Brown actually was and is talented enough to play in the NFL, and will in the future.

But, continue short bus circlejerk. 

tenor.gif

He got his, after he was benched for a better player...

Screen_Shot_2018_09_04_at_4.30.23_PM.0.p

Man, sometimes I hate this world.

tumblr_mozr8odVwP1rinafxo1_1280.jpg

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Get serious. He wore the shirt. He wore the socks. He repeatedly kneeled. If he doesn’t see the trouble there, then he’s too stupid to be on my team. His best defense is CTE. 

I’ll give you credit. Your “mild” trolling gets you a little more slack. But his downfall is mostly self-inflicted. Be smart, willing to work your way up at market value, be employed. Be a jerk, not worth the troubble, 

The socks are dumb to get offended over, although I’m not for the shirt. 

Theres definitely a difference between wearing that shirt, and wearing it to a press conference in Miami. There’s so many lies and half truths surrounding him, and it all makes him look worse.

14 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Name 15 QBs that can average his 2016 passing numbers with 7 yards per carry while being the only threat on offense. Jeremy Kerley was the #1 lol.

Edited by Pieguy

Kaepernick's camp just released another statement last week about him not caring about being a starter. Some guy named Tim Boyle is a QB right now and Chase Daniel is starting games but we're worried about Kaepernick's pig socks (maybe) from three years ago. He's clearly too dumb for this highly cerebral game despite once producing 444 yards in a playoff victory, I'd rather trot out this well-behaved young man from Eastern Kentucky if my starter gets knocked out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pieguy said:

The socks are dumb to get offended over, although I’m not for the shirt. 

Theres definitely a difference between wearing that shirt, and wearing it to a press conference in Miami. There’s so many lies and half truths surrounding him, and it all makes him look worse.

Are you his mother or his agent? Look, wearing a pro-Aryan shirt does not matter where you wore it. I’m done with you, because just pointing out your foolishness could get me into trouble I don’t want. You are what you are, and I feel sorry for you. 

Now, if you are really @fillintheblank, then you won!   ?

3 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Should all nations stop playing their national anthems at sporting events?

No, though I would be all for doing so if the idiotic protests were still continuing. Many posters who keep tossing around terms like “ social justice” and saying things like “ outrage over the anthem..” are totally missing the point. The problem with Kaep isn’t about anthem or kneeling or any of that. It’s his message, and it’s a very dangerous one that is infecting the country as we speak. Social justice is a euphemism . Kaep  and people like him use that term, when really they are talking about turning the values and mores of American society upside down. They use a few highly publicized unfortunate accidents to push their manifesto. They envision a nation where criminals and thugs are empowered, not imprisoned. The bad guys have more rights and Cops and law enforcement have less, and law abiding citizens have little recourse against those who commit theft, burglary and other crimes against people and their property. We’re seeing it all around us with horrible ideas like decriminalizing certain acts and eliminating cash bails to get criminals back on the streets and causing more mayhem before the system finally catches up to them and puts them behind bars. Democratic politicians are carrying out Kaeps vision  daily right before our eyes. This is much more important and bigger than football or the NFL. He wants to destroy the American way of life and a whole political movement agrees with him. A civil war is probably going to happen in our lifetime if it continues. He’s a dangerous icon of a dangerous movement. It’s amazing to me that anyone sees him as some kind of sympathetic figure.  

Edited by Boatdrinks

Even if he was good, no team wants to put up with the media circus he'd bring with him. 95% of the press conference questions would be about him,  ESPN would talk about him non-stop for the whole year, and that crap divides a team.

• Like (+1) 1

Kap had a respectable resume for a potential backup quarterback.  Better QBR than Elway.  To all those who argue he's not playing because he's not good enough: Post controversy, has any team even brought him in for a workout to kick the tires?  

The Denver trade/offer was pre-controversy.

No problem at all. I don't think a player's politics should be a deciding factor here. He has hurt no one. Same for all Tebow detractors as well. OK, so Tebow sucked, but who cares about his religion anyways? That's his personal business. As far as Colin is concerned, good on him for helping to bring attention to a problem that needs more attention, but again, it shouldn't matter either way.

The owners only care about money, so they will never sign him because they are afraid.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

No problem at all. I don't think a player's politics should be a deciding factor here. He has hurt no one. Same for all Tebow detractors as well. OK, so Tebow sucked, but who cares about his religion anyways? That's his personal business. As far as Colin is concerned, good on him for helping to bring attention to a problem that needs more attention, but again, it shouldn't matter either way.

The owners only care about money, so they will never sign him because they are afraid.

He has hurt the league's image badly even though they had nothing to do with what he was protesting.  Worse, he used the league as a platform to draw attention to his controversial personal beliefs.  

That sets a dangerous and uncontrollable precedent for the future and is why the NFL shut him out.

Does it really take collusion for all NFL teams to realize this guy is simply bad for business even if he could help your team?

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, HOUSE said:

There is probably 10 or more teams looking to upgrade at the QB position.

IF Kaepernick was any good he would have been claimed 3 years ago.

Yet every 2 months a new thread pops up which is doomed to go nowhere...

Sometimes I think that Flutie should have started the Throwback Game. Other times it seems OK that they went with RJ but I think that Ralph made the call.

12 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

There are two simple truths:

1.  He is not one of the top 32 QBs.

2.  He is not worth the baggage he brings as a backup.

If a team wanted to sign him, no issue.  But it should be easy to see why a team would not want to sign him.

I don't understand why this is such a hard concept for so many to grasp. If Patrick Mahomes had that baggage, teams would still be drooling over him.

Why bring on that baggage for a guy that, ideally, should never have to even play?

Edited by CLTbills