Kaepernick Black-balled?

Should Colin Kaepernick be allowed to play?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have a problem with Colin Kaepernick playing for an NFL Team?

• No Problem! He should be allowed to play!
    • He should NOT be allowed to play!
  2. 2. Hypothetical Scenario to make it interesting: Josh Allen needs "Bogosian/UPL-type hip surgery; should the Bills sign Kaepernick to start or back-up Barkley?

• Sign him!
    • Let's find some other talent and weather the storm 'til Josh comes back next year - mid-season!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:00 AM

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Exactly my point...nobody cares enough about the National Anthem to even watch it when its shown.  So its even stupider for those same people to piss and moan about how "personally offended" they are that someone else isn't standing either.  If someone is going to claim they are so outraged and offended by someone not standing, if the Anthem means that much to them, then they ought to be showing the Anthem the same respect they are demanding from others by also standing and listening to the song.  

If not, they should just shut up about it because they are full of s*** like everyone else on the internet pretending to care about things that they don't actually care about.  

Should all nations stop playing their national anthems at sporting events?

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, let’s see....one of the things that changed was during his work time, wearing his employer’s uniform, he chose to take a personal stand which made him controversial. Repeatedly.  I’m not saying he was right or wrong. I’m just saying if I took a hard position on any controversial topic while I worked in banking, that would not have lasted a single day. And I never would have gotten another offer, because it was clear I had been an idiot. Idiots are hard to hire, at least in banking. 

As I have previously stated, if he goes to the CFL or XFL or somehow proves he’s good enough to be worth the circus (as a great QB would!) I’m ALL FOR him getting another chance. He just doesn’t seem to want to be bothered with that. 

I realize you are hard core on this, so I won’t be bothered engaging beyond this point. Feel free to vent to your hearts content. (I do have to wonder what other name you go by here, and that can be determined.) 

I came here to see what you guys were saying about Brown (he’s on my fantasy team and fan forums usually have the best info on a player), and ran into this thread.

Im a 49er fan man. I wouldn’t know this much detail about the situation otherwise. You can look up everything I said for verification, it’s all true. There’s obviously no link saying Baalke held Kaep out in 2016 so he could keep Kaep healthy and cut him, but when Kap magically finally being healthy enough to start just so happens to be the week he dropped the injury clause from his contract — it’s pretty easy to connect the dots. Remember, he was only on the team in 2016 because of the injury clause. Baalke would have cut him during that offseason if he didn’t get injured in 2015. Restructuring his contract put Baalke at ease and allowed him to play again.

Edited by Pieguy

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I want to know when Kaperdick will finally go away.  He's not good enough to overcome his baggage and the unwanted attention he will bring.

If he actually wants to play again, he would go somewhere to prove he’s worth it. If he (and the GF) just want to complain, they can just whither away into obscurity. Athletes and actors will never tell me where to stand on moral issues. I use my own brain and life experience for that. I may or may not concur, but I’ll think for myself, thank you very much. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

If he actually wants to play again, he would go somewhere to prove he’s worth it. If he (and the GF) just want to complain, they can just whither away into obscurity. Athletes and actors will never tell me where to stand on moral issues. I use my own brain and life experience for that. I may or may not concur, but I’ll think for myself, thank you very much. 

He just wants some huge contract to fund and give visibility to his social justice protests.  I applaud the league owners for not giving him that platform.

• Like (+1) 1

Another thing with Kaep is he is definitely a middle pack sarter. You can go on and on about Blaine, but their career numbers (and 2016 numbers) just make it a dumb comparison. Blaine outplayed Kaep one season (2015). His best was barely better than Kaeps worst. Warner backed up Leinart at one point, it means nothing.

When look at Kaeps career numbers on a per throw basis (Passer rating, YPA, TD%, int%) he’s right there with any “good” QB. He actually has the 2nd lowest int % in the history of the NFL (Rodgers #1).

In 2016 he averaged 245 total yards per start, had a 16/4 TD/int in 11 starts, and averaged 7 yds per carry. This was on what basically amounts to an expansion team. Kerley was our best WR, and we had guys like Chris Harper, Blake Bell, and Rod Streater getting major playing time. Oh and Chip Kelly and the 32nd ranked defense in points and yards. Just an absolutely awful team, and it gets glossed over so we can blame Kaep for it.

There aren’t 32 QBs that could put those numbers up in that situation, coming off 3 surgeries. There aren’t 32 QBs with his career numbers either. 

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Comparing a man child who threatens women with violence to someone who seeks social justice is a ridiculous comparison.

Lmao... Calling those who risk their lives for societies benefit pigs because a few are bad, pushing propaganda of a mass murderer, disrespecting our country and its flag, insulting your bosses, AND THE BIGGEST PART ALL HIS APOLOGISTS CONVENIENTLY FORGET... all after being benched because he sucked, is the personification of a sellout. 

REMEMBER THIS GUY ONLY "KNEELED FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE" ONCE HE GOT BENCHED FOR BLAINE GABBERT. THAT IS YOUR HERO.

Antonio Brown was just trying to stop a gold digger from taking his monies... Maybe, he should have threatened her for "equality" purposes... 

The biggest difference between the two is Brown actually was and is talented enough to play in the NFL, and will in the future.

But, continue short bus circlejerk. 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Augie said:

He got his, after he was benched for a better player...

Screen_Shot_2018_09_04_at_4.30.23_PM.0.p

Man, sometimes I hate this world.

My wife refreshed a lot of my closet shirts/tennis gear recently for my BDay. She was listening, as I got a bunch of Adidas and other stuff, but a lot of my Nike stuff was old and got retired.   ?

If I had any pro Castro shirts or pig socks, they also would have been tossed without the option of going to Goodwill. 

17 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Interesting - 83.5% say he should be on a team in the league, which means that he is at least one of the top 64 QBs.

However, when confronted with a situation where poll takers have a need on "their" team (theoretically Bills need to pick up the 65th best QB), 67% say "not for my team". 

Those answers contradict each other. If he's good enough to be in the league and if your team is all about acquiring the best players available, then 83.5% should have responded sign him for the Bills scenario. 

Sure they want him on other teams - fans want their teams to be win and having a poor playing QB (at same salary level) will hurt other teams but interpret data any way you want, that is usually what politicians trying to drum up support for their view do.

"He should NOT be allowed to play! Good heavens! Keep that monster OFF my football field!!!"

Meanwhile Kareem Hunt pile drives a woman and is only like two weeks away from winning people money in DFS.

Edited by Nelius

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife refreshed a lot of my closet shirts/tennis gear recently for my BDay. She was listening, as I got a bunch of Adidas and other stuff, but a lot of my Nike stuff was old and got retired.   ?

If I had any pro Castro shirts or pig socks, they also would have been tossed without the option of going to Goodwill. 

Damn thanks for bringing this up, I almost forgot. Both of these instances were portrayed as Kaep antagonizing the situation, but that too is a lie. 

He he never walked into a press conference in Miami wearing a Castro shirt lol. He wore it during an offseason press conference in SF. What happened was a Miami reporter decided to get into a pissing match with him over the shirt before the Dolphins game.

He also didn’t come to practice wearing pig socks to make a statement during his protests. He wore those in a practice long before his protests. The socks were never brought up as offensive until after his protest. That’s when the images resurfaced.

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

"He should NOT be allowed to play! Good heavens! Keep that monster OFF my football field!!!"

84% here disagree with this.  But, you quote it like that's what everybody thinks. 

Just now, bbb said:

84% here disagree with this.  But, you quote it like that's what everybody thinks. 

Nah not really, I was making fun of how ridiculous it is in general, and simply because that was like three posts behind somebody who was trying to justify why Kaep is the worst of the worst. I know most people here are sane, I just like needling the pearl-clutchers.

7 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Not the least bit surprised to see Paulus spazzing out in here. Chill out Paulus, before you spill your Mountain Dew all over your sweet Proud Boys polo.

The league figured him out and he began to get exposed bad. He failed to adapt. He was benched for Blaine Gabbert. Then he decided to kneel in order to capitalize on racism. Nike helped him realize the dream of race-baiting monetization, as they took advantage as well.

Really, the sequence of events is the only real illustration of why someone should kneel and disrespect the flag. Perhaps Kaep had a point.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Pieguy said:

Damn thanks for bringing this up, I almost forgot. Both of these instances were portrayed as Kaep antagonizing the situation, but that too is a lie. 

He he never walked into a press conference in Miami wearing a Castro shirt lol. He wore it during an offseason press conference in SF. What happened was a Miami reporter decided to get into a pissing match with him over the shirt before the Dolphins game.

He also didn’t come to practice wearing pig socks to make a statement during his protests. He wore those in a practice long before his protests. The socks were never brought up as offensive until after his protest. That’s when the images resurfaced.

So, to summarize, he wore a pro-Castro shirt and Pig socks. 

This goes to prove the point against him, and anyone who supports him. 

The BOLD is really all that matter there. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Lmao... Calling those who risk their lives for societies benefit pigs because a few are bad, pushing propaganda of a mass murderer, disrespecting our country and its flag, insulting your bosses, AND THE BIGGEST PART ALL HIS APOLOGISTS CONVENIENTLY FORGET... all after being benched because he sucked, is the personification of a sellout. 

REMEMBER THIS GUY ONLY "KNEELED FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE" ONCE HE GOT BENCHED FOR BLAINE GABBERT. THAT IS YOUR HERO.

Antonio Brown was just trying to stop a gold digger from taking his monies... Maybe, he should have threatened her for "equality" purposes... 

The biggest difference between the two is Brown actually was and is talented enough to play in the NFL, and will in the future.

But, continue short bus circlejerk. 

tenor.gif

He got his, after he was benched for a better player...

Screen_Shot_2018_09_04_at_4.30.23_PM.0.p

Man, sometimes I hate this world.

5 minutes ago, Pieguy said:

Welcome to the board Colin!

Edited by BidsJr
Wrong poster

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

So, to summarize, he wore a pro-Castro shirt and Pig socks. 

This goes to prove the point against him, and anyone who supports him. 

The BOLD is really all that matter there. 

All I’m saying is he wasn’t trying to antagonize the situation like it’s made out to be. All this stuff happened before his protests, but somehow it turns into “this idiot wore a Castro shirt to a press conference in Miami!”. Lol, no he didn’t.

7 minutes ago, Paulus said:

The league figured him out and he began to get exposed bad. He failed to adapt. He was benched for Blaine Gabbert. Then he decided to kneel in order to capitalize on racism. Nike helped him realize the dream of race-baiting monetization, as they took advantage as well.

Really, the sequence of events is the only real illustration of why someone should kneel and disrespect the flag. Perhaps Kaep had a point.

giphy.gif

245 total yds per start, 16/4 (11 starts), 7 yards per carry.....on the worst team in the NFL. I’m sorry, but QBs that got figured out (Joe Webb for example) do not put up those kind of numbers on any team, let alone an expansion team.

• Like (+1) 1