Kaepernick Black-balled?

Should Colin Kaepernick be allowed to play?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have a problem with Colin Kaepernick playing for an NFL Team?

• No Problem! He should be allowed to play!
    • He should NOT be allowed to play!
  2. 2. Hypothetical Scenario to make it interesting: Josh Allen needs "Bogosian/UPL-type hip surgery; should the Bills sign Kaepernick to start or back-up Barkley?

• Sign him!
    • Let's find some other talent and weather the storm 'til Josh comes back next year - mid-season!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:00 AM

Political commentary aside, he wants to be a starter and paid as one as well. 

He wasn’t all that good at the end of his career and would be a back-up. Not worth the money or the attention and distraction he’d be every week. 

This is is a non-story and needs to go away. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

20 hours ago, klos63 said:

Wow, Lewis likely was involved in a murder, he got rid of the outfit he was wearing that night, blood on his clothing? so he's done well since covering up a murder, great! Kaep has helped a lot of people since his great sin of kneeling, donated a lot of money to causes he believes in. I don't know why Seattle didn't give him a tryout. Didn't Carroll say that Kaep should be in the league and was good enough to play?

'slight' obstacles?  Criminally obstructing a murder investigation, to this day, unsolved.

So the Ravens pulled an offer, not because of Kaep, but his girlfriend? That's a first. Not sure I believe that story. I've heard it before, but Lewis is a convicted criminal so not a credible witness.

Lewis is a convicted criminal?  When did he get convicted?  And, even if he did - what does that have to do with this? 

18 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How is it a stupid take?  If someone is outraged about him not standing then they better be standing or they are just another fake internet vigilante.  

It’s pretty stupid for people to piss and moan how “personally” disrespected they are by someone else not standing when they aren’t standing either.

You don’t, no one does, because no one really cares.  But when an athlete, celebrity, or some other known person does it they suddenly freak out like the anthem is the most important song to ever exist and everyone must stand at all times.  

Funnier yet, I bet less than 5% of the people complaining even know the words to the anthem.

The outrage is silly, he should have a job. 

It's stupid because nobody stands in their house.  They hardly ever show the anthem on TV, anyway..............But, players stand for it every game in every sport.  

33 minutes ago, bbb said:

It's stupid because nobody stands in their house.  They hardly ever show the anthem on TV, anyway..............But, players stand for it every game in every sport.  

Exactly my point...nobody cares enough about the National Anthem to even watch it when its shown.  So its even stupider for those same people to piss and moan about how "personally offended" they are that someone else isn't standing either.  If someone is going to claim they are so outraged and offended by someone not standing, if the Anthem means that much to them, then they ought to be showing the Anthem the same respect they are demanding from others by also standing and listening to the song.  

If not, they should just shut up about it because they are full of s*** like everyone else on the internet pretending to care about things that they don't actually care about.  

50 minutes ago, bbb said:

Lewis is a convicted criminal?  When did he get convicted?  And, even if he did - what does that have to do with this? 

Google Ray Lewis guilty plea, how do you not know this

4 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Because they don't bring the circus with them. It's that simple. 

Nobody is going to bring in that circus for a mediocre backup QB.  If it's Tom Brady? absolutely. A guy that great is worth the headache. I'll even say Deshaun Watson is worth that headache because I know I'll be called "racist" for using a white QB to make my point. The point is, if the guy is your franchise QB, multiple SB winner, etc., it's worth that headache. Why bring all that nonsense for a guy who might not even play and is a backup? Why piss off fans, potentially lose ticket sales? 

If the guy is Brady or Deshaun Watson, or Lamar Jackson, or, hell, Patrick Mahomes, it ain't going to cost you ticket/merch sales, because their play can overcome the negative.

Get over yourself . What a stupid comment.

I have no problem signing Kap as a 3rd stringer if Allen went down. However he isn’t good enough to start in this league and he brings unnecessary attention to a team without bringing the high end talent that makes it worth it. They went from Brown because he was a top 4 league WR, so his distractions made it worthwhile. Kap’s distractions aren’t worth it because he isn’t a top end talent. That’s the bottom line. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I have no problem signing Kap as a 3rd stringer if Allen went down. However he isn’t good enough to start in this league and he brings unnecessary attention to a team without bringing the high end talent that makes it worth it. They went from Brown because he was a top 4 league WR, so his distractions made it worthwhile. Kap’s distractions aren’t worth it because he isn’t a top end talent. That’s the bottom line. 

This.  It's a simple cost benefit analysis.  His talent has dropped off and the cost (distraction) has increased.  Can you imagine a guy like McD trying to control that media circus?  His head would explode.

• Like (+1) 1

I will do this step by step. Kaep did lose his job in 2015. He was playing hurt (went on I.R. and had 3 surgeries), had the corpse of Boldin as a #1, and had Jim Tomsula (who?) as a HC. He played terribly, no question, and Blaine happened to be the backup. Blaine started the rest of 2015. 

Notes for next post: Baalke (49ers GM at the time) Hated Kaep and Harbaugh. He already fired Harbaugh for no reason and Kaep was next. Kaep would have been cut before 2016, but his contract had an injury clause that guaranteed the following years salary, so he Baalkes plans to cut Kaep were foiled. Kaep had to be on the team in 2016 because he was guaranteed 12 mil.

Edited by Pieguy

Here’s where things get tricky. Blaine ran all of OTAs while Kaep recovered from his surgeries. Kaep was never fully recovered even in August of 2016, as he missed half of TC because he wasn’t ready. Blaine was named the starter. When questioned why Kap wasn’t playing, Kelly always referred to his weight and health. There was always some weird excuse. 

The real reason was Baalke did not want him to get hurt again. That would guarantee his 2017 salary and Baalke would not be able to cut him. The week Kaepernick restructured his contract and dropped the injury clause, he took over the starting role. That is not a coincidence.

So he did play bad on 2015 and lose his job, but Blaine was never better than him, and only started in 2016 because of the injury clause.

I think the narrative that Kaepernick was will to play any spot isnt accurate.  He didnt get a work out because he wanted starter money.  Let's all not forget he opted out of the final year of his contract with San Fran.  No one wants the drama.  Its Tebow mania x10.

Now for the “He opted out of his contract!” crowd.

He did, but it was because his contract was no longer guaranteed, and he was informed by Lynch that they were cutting him anyways. He opted out to hit the FA market earlier.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/31/john-lynch-49ers-would-have-cut-kaepernick-if-he-hadnt-opted-out/

“Yes,” Lynch said regarding whether Kaepernick would have been cut if he hadn’t opted out, “and we had that conversation with him.”

Edited by Pieguy

Now for the offers. There were none. Seahawks was a meeting that ended with no contract offer because “Kaepernick is a starter”. That was Pete carols reason. 

The Broncos tried to trade for Kaep in the 2016 offseason while he was injured. They never offered him a contract after his kneeling. Kind of weird that Elway was willing to trade picks for him after his worst season and 3 surgeries, but didn’t even contact him after a much, much better 2016 season in which he stayed healthy, and didn’t even have to give picks up for him. I wonder what changed lol

Edited by Pieguy

2 minutes ago, Pieguy said:

Now for the offers. There were none. Seahawks was a meeting that ended with no contract offer because “Kaepernick is a starter”. That was Pete carols reason. 

The Broncos tried to trade for Kaep in the 2016 offseason while he was injured. They never offered him a contract after his kneeling. Kind of weird that Elway was willing to trade picks for him after his worst season and 3 surgeries, but didn’t even contact him after a much, much better 2016 season in which he stayed healthy, and didn’t even have to give picks up for him. I wonder what changed lol

you are spending hours of your short time on earth regurgitating this endlessly?

The Ravens were never going to sign Kaep, and that’s why his gf sent that tweet out. Watch Ray Lewis on undisputed the day before that tweet ( it’s on YouTube). There is no way he was pushing to sign Kap. Dude was doing damage control because Biscotti was not going to sign him. 

Skip asked him him if he would take Kap over Mallett (Ravens backup at the time) and Ray says “I don’t know, I never played with either of them” lmfao. Then he gets butt hurt over the tweet and comes out like “we were just about to sign him!!”.

lmao, yea. The guy that couldn’t even admit Kaep is better than Mallett was pushing for him to get signed lol. Good one.

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you are spending hours of your short time on earth regurgitating this endlessly?

Na I’m done. Just thought I’d inform the obviously uninformed 

Edited by Pieguy

3 minutes ago, Pieguy said:

Well, let’s see....one of the things that changed was during his work time, wearing his employer’s uniform, he chose to take a personal stand which made him controversial. Repeatedly.  I’m not saying he was right or wrong. I’m just saying if I took a hard position on any controversial topic while I worked in banking, that would not have lasted a single day. And I never would have gotten another offer, because it was clear I had been an idiot. Idiots are hard to hire, at least in banking. 

As I have previously stated, if he goes to the CFL or XFL or somehow proves he’s good enough to be worth the circus (as a great QB would!) I’m ALL FOR him getting another chance. He just doesn’t seem to want to be bothered with that. 

I realize you are hard core on this, so I won’t be bothered engaging beyond this point. Feel free to vent to your hearts content. (I do have to wonder what other name you go by here, and that can be determined.) 

• Like (+1) 1