Kaepernick Black-balled?

Should Colin Kaepernick be allowed to play?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have a problem with Colin Kaepernick playing for an NFL Team?

• No Problem! He should be allowed to play!
    • He should NOT be allowed to play!
  2. 2. Hypothetical Scenario to make it interesting: Josh Allen needs "Bogosian/UPL-type hip surgery; should the Bills sign Kaepernick to start or back-up Barkley?

• Sign him!
    • Let's find some other talent and weather the storm 'til Josh comes back next year - mid-season!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:00 AM

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's reported Kap wants $20M. No one is paying a useless backup QB $20M. 

And again, if statistics were all that mattered, Antonio Brown would be playing football today.

who reported it? His agent, just last week ,said he is not asking for starter money.

Brown will be playing again. I'm sure of that. Rape notwithstanding.

Edited by klos63

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

who reported it? His agent, just last week ,said he is not asking for starter money.

Sporting News I think, back in early 2019.

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Brown will be playing again. I'm sure of that. Rape notwithstanding.

Of course he will. But not while he's dealing with the rape stuff. Which is my point; stats only weigh so much with problem children.

33 minutes ago, klos63 said:

No, they were excused in the NFL, in broadcasting as he was hired after his career and in the minds of fans that still celebrate him and ignore his crime.

Was Ray Lewis’ punishment in court to be branded for eternity? He was supposed to never get a job again due to being found guilty of obstruction?

18 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...guess playing in the NFL is a right and not a privilege......and if the company you ideally want to work for chooses not to hire you, they violated your right to work there as well?...SMH........when does homework time start?.............

Exactly!  Good post

This is a ridiculous thread, as Kaep is “ allowed “ to play in the NFL, but no one wants  to have him on their team. Its somewhat about his football skills, but largely because he’s bad for business. He’s a lightning rod for media distractions and is highly offensive to a ( probably sizable) portion of the fan base. It’s not collusion, just a bunch of business owners in the entertainment business making a sound business decision. Nobody believes he’s a difference maker in the win column, so it’s not worth the hassle. That’s it. No laws broken, Kaep has just made himself a pariah with his antics. If Kaep was in a different segment of entertainment , say rap music, he’d be a hero and in demand. This seems totally obvious by now. Business don’t want to offend their customers or create controversy. When sponsors drop clients due to controversy ( Tiger Woods, Fuzzy Zoeller, Antonio Brown et al) are they “ blackballing” or making a business decision ? If NFL players that have other sorts of issues still have NFL jobs, it’s because the customer base (and therefore the owners ) don’t care that much about it. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Was Ray Lewis’ punishment in court to be branded for eternity? He was supposed to never get a job again due to being found guilty of obstruction?

In an unsolved murder case. I think it was in SI, but an amazing story about the case. If you're interested you should look it up. Might give you a different view of Lewis. It's quite likely Lewis knows who committed the crime.

But to your point, you think Lewis shouldn't be, for lack of a better word, blackballed, because of this incident, while many feel Kaep is being blackballed for a much lesser one.

16 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Sporting News I think, back in early 2019.

Of course he will. But not while he's dealing with the rape stuff. Which is my point; stats only weigh so much with problem children.

He'll be forgiven for raping/assaulting women, Kaep won't for kneeling/protesting.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

In an unsolved murder case. I think it was in SI, but an amazing story about the case. If you're interested you should look it up. Might give you a different view of Lewis. It's quite likely Lewis knows who committed the crime.

But to your point, you think Lewis shouldn't be, for lack of a better word, blackballed, because of this incident, while many feel Kaep is being blackballed for a much lesser one.

Ray was at top peak in his career when this happened, he wasn't leaving the game nor asked to.

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He'll be forgiven for raping/assaulting women, Kaep won't for kneeling/protesting.

You're still missing the point: if they'll forgive Brown for rape and assault, and they forgave Michael Vick for torturing dogs en route to a prison term, perhaps...and I'm just taking a shot in the dark here...perhaps, maybe, possibly... Kaep's problem isn't the kneeling/protesting.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

You're still missing the point: if they'll forgive Brown for rape and assault, and they forgave Michael Vick for torturing dogs en route to a prison term, perhaps...and I'm just taking a shot in the dark here...perhaps, maybe, possibly... Kaep's problem isn't the kneeling/protesting.

I'm not missing the point. My point is, there isn't enough outrage at rape/sexual assault... as there should be in my opinion and the Kaep thing is way overblown.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Ray was at top peak in his career when this happened, he wasn't leaving the game nor asked to.

He should have been forced out or at least had some punishment. He was an impact player so his crimes didn't matter.

32 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'm not missing the point. My point is, there isn't enough outrage at rape/sexual assault... as there should be in my opinion and the Kaep thing is way overblown.

If that's your intended point, then you haven't been making it very well.  What it sounds like is that you are arguing the  "poor Kaepernick has been shafted" line.

As for Antonio Brown, he's been accused of rape/sexual assault, not convicted.  In fact, he hasn't been charged with a crime but sued in civil court which suggests that it's a she said/he said situation without much evidence.   Are you advocating that Brown should be punished simply because he's been accused of a heinous action?  

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SoTier said:

If that's your intended point, then you haven't been making it very well.  What it sounds like is that you are arguing the  "poor Kaepernick has been shafted" line.

As for Antonio Brown, he's been accused of rape/sexual assault, not convicted.  In fact, he hasn't been charged with a crime but sued in civil court which suggests that it's a she said/he said situation without much evidence.   Are you advocating that Brown should be punished simply because he's been accused of a heinous action?  

I'm not sure how to handle his situation. I'm saying what the league/fans find to be serious enough to have a players league status tested makes no sense to me. And I do think Kaep has been shafted.  I understand the concerns of a 'circus' atmosphere, but to me it's sad that a possible rapist(or abuser or whatever crime of the day) doesn't raise the level of concern like Kaeps protest does.

I have an issue with the poll. I can say that I think he should be ALLOWED to play - which at this point, he is ALLOWED to play, if a team signs him. 

It's up to the owner of any business who they hire. If they think hiring someone will be detrimental to their business, then you cannot force an employer to hire them. It's that simple.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, klos63 said:

So why do so many other useless QB's still have a job?  And Kaeps final season was statistically, very good, on a crappy team.

Do you honestly believe that if Kaep did well in the XFL , he would get a shot in the NFL?

If he's an above average NFL QB like people are saying he would be dominating the XFL.  If he were dominating the XFL, somebody would give him a shot.  Look at Duke Williams.   Went and dominated the CFL, suddenly he's on an NFL roster.  

3 hours ago, klos63 said:

You are so busy being outraged that he's not in the league that you are ignoring the fact that he sucks at football.  Once again; He lost his job to BLAINE ****ING GABBERT.  He didn't even get beat out by a halfway decent quarterback.  The dude sucks.  Get over it.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, klos63 said:

So why do so many other useless QB's still have a job? 

Because they don't bring the circus with them. It's that simple. 

Nobody is going to bring in that circus for a mediocre backup QB.  If it's Tom Brady? absolutely. A guy that great is worth the headache. I'll even say Deshaun Watson is worth that headache because I know I'll be called "racist" for using a white QB to make my point. The point is, if the guy is your franchise QB, multiple SB winner, etc., it's worth that headache. Why bring all that nonsense for a guy who might not even play and is a backup? Why piss off fans, potentially lose ticket sales? 

If the guy is Brady or Deshaun Watson, or Lamar Jackson, or, hell, Patrick Mahomes, it ain't going to cost you ticket/merch sales, because their play can overcome the negative.

• Thank you (+1) 1