Kaepernick Black-balled?

Should Colin Kaepernick be allowed to play?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have a problem with Colin Kaepernick playing for an NFL Team?

• No Problem! He should be allowed to play!
    • He should NOT be allowed to play!
  2. 2. Hypothetical Scenario to make it interesting: Josh Allen needs "Bogosian/UPL-type hip surgery; should the Bills sign Kaepernick to start or back-up Barkley?

• Sign him!
    • Let's find some other talent and weather the storm 'til Josh comes back next year - mid-season!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:00 AM

9 hours ago, klos63 said:

Wow, Lewis likely was involved in a murder, he got rid of the outfit he was wearing that night, blood on his clothing? so he's done well since covering up a murder, great! Kaep has helped a lot of people since his great sin of kneeling, donated a lot of money to causes he believes in. I don't know why Seattle didn't give him a tryout. Didn't Carroll say that Kaep should be in the league and was good enough to play?

I will ask two direct questions- why would Lewis lie about this and why if Kaep is so good did Seattle not give him a tryout? For this argument the status of Ray Lewis in 2001 is not important.

13 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You're taking the word of a person guilty of obstruction of justice in a still unsolved murder, a person who disposed of the suit he was wearing the night of the murder and nobody knows what happened to it. He likely knows who the murderer is, yet somehow, he has credibility.  The Ray Lewis story is to me, the most bizarre one in the NFL in years. How people ignored his actions in this murder is shocking.

I think the most bizarre story in the NFL in recent memory is how Cam Newton all of a sudden became a grandmother.

EEWLQGgWwAE1mmZ.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

Ray Lewis was great at his job.  Kaepernick isnt.  Theres no comparison to make there.  Use a realistic comparison or dont bother.  If Kaepernick was serious about playing football hed play in the CFL or XFL.  Hes not though hes just using the situation to make money for doing nothing and to bring attention to his cause.

Such and tired and lazy argument. 

Since Lewis, or any other player, is great at their job, it should excuse their crimes and make them credible? Jesus

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I will ask two direct questions- why would Lewis lie about this and why if Kaep is so good did Seattle not give him a tryout? For this argument the status of Ray Lewis in 2001 is not important.

I don't know why he would lie, maybe he is just mistaken.  Has the Raven's owner ever confirmed the story, i haven't found anything. I don't know the answer about Seattle either. They obviously feel he's an or was at the time and quality NFL QB, maybe they didn't want to deal with the whole situation.

33 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Since Lewis, or any other player, is great at their job, it should excuse their crimes and make them credible? Jesus

I don't know why he would lie, maybe he is just mistaken.  Has the Raven's owner ever confirmed the story, i haven't found anything. I don't know the answer about Seattle either. They obviously feel he's an or was at the time and quality NFL QB, maybe they didn't want to deal with the whole situation.

Did Ray Lewis have his crimes excused in the legal system because he’s a good player? I must have missed that part of the ruling.

Thanks to all who participated in the poll.

Thanks to most who posted thoughtful replies on either side.

I always wonder why some post a whine about why someone posted something instead of hitting the back button and simply making no comment.  If you have something to offer, please do.  If all you want to do is rag on a poster to show you can bully and degrade someone else's thoughts - you are a waste of bytes.  (Several people responded 2-4 times saying similar things: another Kap post, get this outta here, why are you posting this, etc.  Why?  Just to spout your superiority only to post self-defeating, thoughtless syllables that reflect poorly on you.)

I apologize for not knowing Kap sued/settled with the NFL when I did my poll.  I always thought he was an interesting talent (better than the majority of NFL 2nd stringers) and if the NFL is such a results-oriented league, then why hadn't anyone signed him?  Hence the poll.

52 minutes ago, klos63 said:

maybe Ravens pulled the Offer when Kaepernicks GF compared the coaching staff and Owner to slave owners. 

14 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Thanks to all who participated in the poll.

Thanks to most who posted thoughtful replies on either side.

I always wonder why some post a whine about why someone posted something instead of hitting the back button and simply making no comment.  If you have something to offer, please do.  If all you want to do is rag on a poster to show you can bully and degrade someone else's thoughts - you are a waste of bytes.  (Several people responded 2-4 times saying similar things: another Kap post, get this outta here, why are you posting this, etc.  Why?  Just to spout your superiority only to post self-defeating, thoughtless syllables that reflect poorly on you.)

I apologize for not knowing Kap sued/settled with the NFL when I did my poll.  I always thought he was an interesting talent (better than the majority of NFL 2nd stringers) and if the NFL is such a results-oriented league, then why hadn't anyone signed him?  Hence the poll.

because he doesn’t want to sign. Teams have approached him. 

he has told his representation he wants starter money and not league minimum. 

he told AAF that he would only play there for 10M a year. 

his GF has called the Ravens coaches and Ownership Slave Owners when they tried to work him out and sign him. 

he is how many years removed from playing any football?  And you think a team would sign that?

oooo let’s mention he wasn’t that good anyway. 

Unfortunately there is no fact checker - all we have is opinion and conjecture based upon half-truths and innuendo.

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

maybe Ravens pulled the Offer when Kaepernicks GF compared the coaching staff and Owner to slave owners.  (Maybe)

because he doesn’t want to sign. (Conjecture/opinion)  Teams have approached him. (Fact, but we don't know what approached means - could mean a phone call saying Hi to let's make a deal - no one knows for sure.)

he has told his representation he wants starter money and not league minimum. (where'd you get this?  opinion, conjecture, guess?  any facts to support this?  (that are not someone else's opinion))

he told AAF that he would only play there for 10M a year. (. . . as reported by?  The AAF maybe - to save face?)

his GF has called the Ravens coaches and Ownership Slave Owners when they tried to work him out and sign him. (Then everyone involved is an idiot if they let a 3rd party control the situation)

he is how many years removed from playing any football?  (3?) And you think a team would sign that? (Absolutely.  You're implying they wouldn't - your opinion.  Some people still talk about Favre when he can barely play ball in the copperfit commercials.)

oooo let’s mention he wasn’t that good anyway. (Again - he was better than many - top half of the league, got his team to a SB - almost won it, is clearly better than arguably all 2nd stringers in the league today . . . which adds up to maybe someone would want to give him a tryout and if not, why not?  Again that's why I did the poll.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

It's not a lazy argument to point out the fact that owners will weigh a players ability into the decision on whether or not a guy is worth keeping.  If a udfa is caught drunk driving you can bet he will be cut.  If your starting quarterback is in the same situation you keep him.  If a good player makes noise about his cause and does what Kaepernick did nobody cares but since hes likely a backup at best it's not worth the distraction.

Kaepernick was recruited for XFL and CFL but turned them down because he is not willing to be paid what he's worth on the field.  Hes not on a team because he is not good enough to offset his distractions.  Just like Ramsay is worth multiple firsts and millions of dollars despite his constant ***** talking.  Hes good enough for it to be worth keeping him.

It all comes down to the fact that Kaepernick simply is not a good quarterback.  If he was hed be playing.

53 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Unfortunately there is no fact checker - all we have is opinion and conjecture based upon half-truths and innuendo.

He wasn't top half of the league.  He lost his job to Blaine ***** Gabbert.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Am I stuttering again?

Let's take a look at your resume again.  Were you drafted in the 2nd round or higher?  Ooops, I thought so:

giphy.gif

And don't piss me off.  I am out of Scotch® tape!

Again, I've been black balled. I wasn't drafted because the NFL has me black listed.

14 hours ago, klos63 said:

Conversely, I might have respect for the anti Kaep crowd if they admitted he's being blackballed and stop telling untruths. He hasn't been offered a contract, hasn't been offered a tryout,  his ability has nothing to do with him not getting an opportunity, that must be very obvious to anyone who wants to discuss facts here. Every crappy QB in the last few years gets opportunities, tryouts at the very least.

How is that different from when Tim Tebow was released? 

17 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have no problem with Kaep playing but I also think the longer he's out the less likely tranys think he can still play.

Dude, do you really think trannies are a good judge of football players?

12 hours ago, klos63 said:

So the Ravens pulled an offer, not because of Kaep, but his girlfriend? That's a first. Not sure I believe that story. I've heard it before, but Lewis is a convicted criminal so not a credible witness.

It is absolutely true. His girlfriend killed the deal with her Twitter post.

And I'll say this one more time: Michael Vick shot dogs in the head, hung them from trees, drowned them by holding their heads under water, made money off dogs killing each other, went to prison, got out of prison and signed a multi-million dollar NFL deal.

If you think no one is signing Kap because he's being blackballed for kneeling during a football game and wearing socks with pictures of pigs dressed as cops,  you don't know the NFL.

No one is signing Kap because the league figured out his style of play and he's useless., 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Did Ray Lewis have his crimes excused in the legal system because he’s a good player? I must have missed that part of the ruling.

No, they were excused in the NFL, in broadcasting as he was hired after his career and in the minds of fans that still celebrate him and ignore his crime.

14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Dude, do you really think trannies are a good judge of football players?

It is absolutely true. His girlfriend killed the deal with her Twitter post.

And I'll say this one more time: Michael Vick shot dogs in the head, hung them from trees, drowned them by holding their heads under water, made money off dogs killing each other, went to prison, got out of prison and signed a multi-million dollar NFL deal.

If you think no one is signing Kap because he's being blackballed for kneeling during a football game and wearing socks with pictures of pigs dressed as cops,  you don't know the NFL.

No one is signing Kap because the league figured out his style of play and he's useless., 

So why do so many other useless QB's still have a job?  And Kaeps final season was statistically, very good, on a crappy team.

2 hours ago, HiddenInLight said:

Ray Lewis was great at his job.  Kaepernick isnt.  Theres no comparison to make there.  Use a realistic comparison or dont bother.  If Kaepernick was serious about playing football hed play in the CFL or XFL.  Hes not though hes just using the situation to make money for doing nothing and to bring attention to his cause.

Do you honestly believe that if Kaep did well in the XFL , he would get a shot in the NFL?

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

So why do so many other useless QB's still have a job?  And Kaeps final season was statistically, very good, on a crappy team.

It's reported Kap wants $20M. No one is paying a useless backup QB $20M. 

And again, if statistics were all that mattered, Antonio Brown would be playing football today.