Kaepernick Black-balled?

Should Colin Kaepernick be allowed to play?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have a problem with Colin Kaepernick playing for an NFL Team?

• No Problem! He should be allowed to play!
    • He should NOT be allowed to play!
  2. 2. Hypothetical Scenario to make it interesting: Josh Allen needs "Bogosian/UPL-type hip surgery; should the Bills sign Kaepernick to start or back-up Barkley?

• Sign him!
    • Let's find some other talent and weather the storm 'til Josh comes back next year - mid-season!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:00 AM

17 minutes ago, Little Dog said:

I see white people getting beat up by blacks just for being white, and I’m not white just so you know

What does that have to do with cops murdering unarmed African Americans and the massive statistical anomalies that show minorities are convicted at massively higher rates than Caucasian’s? 

You know, that thing Kap was actually kneeling for, social injustice.  

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What does that have to do with cops murdering unarmed African Americans and the massive statistical anomalies that show minorities are convicted at massively higher rates than Caucasian’s? 

You know, that thing Kap was actually kneeling for, social injustice.  

"Do African Americans commit more murders than White Americans? The answer is yes…

According to the FBI Arrests by Ethnicity for 2016, there was a total of 9,374 arrests for murder in 2016. Of those 9,374 arrests, 4,935 were Black Americans or 52% of all arrests. What makes that number even more shocking is that African Americans only make up 13% of the population (source: Census.gov: 2016 US Census Results). White Americans who make up 60.3% of the population are responsible for 4,192 murders or 44% of murders.

According to the US Census, the White Non-Hispanic population is 60.3% of the population or 197,711 (per 100,000). If 4,192 murders are committed by 197,711 White Americans, 2.1% of the White Population will commit the crime of murder.

African Americans are 13.3% of the population or 43,646 (per 100,000). If 4,935 murders are committed by 43,646, 11.3% of the Black Population will commit the crime of murder. African Americans are five times more likely to commit murder than White Americans.

Sources:
(source: FBI.gov FBI Arrests by Ethnicity 2016)"

2016-population-by-race.thumb.jpg.813a64aeaa7216d84d99ce77349b9277.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Man!  You should make this a public poll!

Let's take a look at your resume.  Have you ever led a team to the Super Bowl?

Nope?

giphy.gif

Next...

you have to lead a team to the SB to get a job at QB????

2 hours ago, bbb said:

This is such a stupid "take" that I've been seeing these last few years.  Who the ***** ever does that?  

How is it a stupid take?  If someone is outraged about him not standing then they better be standing or they are just another fake internet vigilante.  

It’s pretty stupid for people to piss and moan how “personally” disrespected they are by someone else not standing when they aren’t standing either.

You don’t, no one does, because no one really cares.  But when an athlete, celebrity, or some other known person does it they suddenly freak out like the anthem is the most important song to ever exist and everyone must stand at all times.  

Funnier yet, I bet less than 5% of the people complaining even know the words to the anthem.

The outrage is silly, he should have a job. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"Do African Americans commit more murders than White Americans? The answer is yes…

According to the FBI Arrests by Ethnicity for 2016, there was a total of 9,374 arrests for murder in 2016. Of those 9,374 arrests, 4,935 were Black Americans or 52% of all arrests. What makes that number even more shocking is that African Americans only make up 13% of the population (source: Census.gov: 2016 US Census Results). White Americans who make up 60.3% of the population are responsible for 4,192 murders or 44% of murders.

According to the US Census, the White Non-Hispanic population is 60.3% of the population or 197,711 (per 100,000). If 4,192 murders are committed by 197,711 White Americans, 2.1% of the White Population will commit the crime of murder.

African Americans are 13.3% of the population or 43,646 (per 100,000). If 4,935 murders are committed by 43,646, 11.3% of the Black Population will commit the crime of murder. African Americans are five times more likely to commit murder than White Americans.

Sources:
(source: FBI.gov FBI Arrests by Ethnicity 2016)"

2016-population-by-race.thumb.jpg.813a64aeaa7216d84d99ce77349b9277.jpg

This is a discussion about Kap and whether or not he should be in the NFL.  Not going to go deeper into the validity of social injustice in this thread.  You can DM me if you want to carry on a convo about that, I’m fine talking further with you about it if so.

BUT I will say, you clearly don’t understand social injustice if you’re sending someone this to prove it doesn’t exist.  First, it’s one of a thousand different crimes people get arrested for.  Second, social injustice is the difference in frequency of arrest or conviction between a minority and a Caucasian defendant.  The conviction rate on a minority of the same crimes is substantially higher than a Caucasian.  Arrest rates for the same infractions are substantially higher for minorities than Caucasian’s.  Lethal and unlawful police shootings against unarmed persons are substantially higher against minorities.  General traffic stops are massively higher frequency rates for minorities than Caucasian’s.  

Anyway, I am happy to discuss this topic offline in DM if you want to talk further.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

really? So if he has all this talent why hasn’t he gone and played in CFL?

How do we know he wasn’t approached by the CFL?  Regardless, not what I as responding to.

I said I believe he has talent enough to warrant a look, hence my belief he’s being black-balled.  Pretty obvious based on being passed over for retreads by many teams in need of QB help he past few seasons.

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All good, and I agree with a lot of this, but I do have to say I greatly disagree on the bolded.  

Just because he was raised by a white family doesn't mean anything though.  You don't have to be raised in a bad situation to stand up or others who are in a bad situation, so I fail to see any relevance with that point.  I grew up in a normal blue collar family, with white parents (I am half white and half Portuguese) and I think our justice system is flawed and broken in how it relates to minorities too.

In fact, I am still pissed off with recent events.  Black woman murdered by a cop in her apartment through a window while she played video games with her kid just because her door was left open?  A black juror getting 10 days in jail because he was late to a trial?  I mean its not shocking to see why people are jaded and upset in how minorities are treated in our justice system, and the stats are scary too.  I mean this stuff is crazy and pisses me off too when I see this kind of thing still happening far too often.

And the last thing I would add in response to your hoping he did it for the right reasons:  Kap donated millions of dollars and his time for a long time to his local community and kids long before the kneeling.  In other words, he was living the life of someone who really did care about others and his community and put his money and his time in as proof of that...and long before the kneeling started.  So IMHO, I think he actually gets the benefit of the doubt about him having the right intentions here as it matches his actions before it.  

The justice system is flawed, but I also believe the media places in the forefront what they want to place in the forefront for the purpose of division. The police do people wrong every day and it doesn't matter what color you are. I too have been subjected to such things on multiple occasions and I am white. Not going to go into detail here, but I would glady explain in a PM if you would like. With anything else you have your good and your bad as far as cops go. I have looked into his background and I've also looked into that of his gf. That is why I wonder who really orchestrated all of it. I do give him the benefit of the doubt, but it doesn't mean it erases the thought. Either way, I'm going to leave this alone now as I believe I have expressed what my thoughts are in full detail as best I can. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting - 83.5% say he should be on a team in the league, which means that he is at least one of the top 64 QBs.

However, when confronted with a situation where poll takers have a need on "their" team (theoretically Bills need to pick up the 65th best QB), 67% say "not for my team". 

Those answers contradict each other. If he's good enough to be in the league and if your team is all about acquiring the best players available, then 83.5% should have responded sign him for the Bills scenario. 

19 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

Interesting - 83.5% say he should be on a team in the league, which means that he is at least one of the top 64 QBs.

However, when confronted with a situation where poll takers have a need on "their" team (theoretically Bills need to pick up the 65th best QB), 67% say "not for my team". 

Those answers contradict each other. If he's good enough to be in the league and if your team is all about acquiring the best players available, then 83.5% should have responded sign him for the Bills scenario. 

The first question is should he be ALLOWED to play.  To that question, sure he shouldn't be banned.  The second question is do you want him on your team people say no because he simply isn't a good quarterback and has probably been out of the game for too long.  If he was serious about playing and was any good wouldn't he be lighting up the CFL?  

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, the Ravens were about to signing him until his GF had to chime in.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20597810/ray-lewis-said-baltimore-ravens-sign-colin-kaepernick-girlfriend-racist-tweet

Moreover, his last three years in the league 

11-24 (W/L) cause there are people who care what a starting QBs record is, all while roughly completing 59% of his passes, and ended his career being benched by Gabbert.

I don't think he should be black balled, but I also dont think the guy is worthy of a job in this league.

Edited by BillsFan17