Kaepernick Black-balled?

Should Colin Kaepernick be allowed to play?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have a problem with Colin Kaepernick playing for an NFL Team?

• No Problem! He should be allowed to play!
    • He should NOT be allowed to play!
  2. 2. Hypothetical Scenario to make it interesting: Josh Allen needs "Bogosian/UPL-type hip surgery; should the Bills sign Kaepernick to start or back-up Barkley?

• Sign him!
    • Let's find some other talent and weather the storm 'til Josh comes back next year - mid-season!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:00 AM

9 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

There are QB needy teams and no one has taken a sniff on Kap. Anything can happen but Kap made a deal with the devil and it has bitten him hard. 

he doesn’t want to play football. If he did he would have been signed 

1 hour ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

If I were him, I'd sue the league for $10MM per year for as many years I felt I could have played plus treble damages.  Very provable, smacks of racism too.

What is he going to sue for?  Refusing to sign an NFL contract?

https://www.businessinsider.com/broncos-wont-sign-colin-kaepernick-contract-john-elway-2018-8

You, and others that feel like you’re some social justice warriors for Kaepernick, need to take a hike.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, davefan66 said:

Of course he’s being black-balled.  

Plenty of re-retreads have gotten a shot and he hasn’t.  Believe he has enough talent to warrant at least an invite/tryout.

really? So if he has all this talent why hasn’t he gone and played in CFL?

1 hour ago, Your Brown Eye said:

He is like 3-13 or 3-16 in his last two seasons of playing, somehow that is always left out of the discussion

I didnt realize the 49ers started Kap by himself against 11 defenders and then rolled him out there on defense by himself abasing 11 opposing offensive players.   I mean you are putting their record solely on him with this statement like he was the only one on the field.  Also you carefully glanced over his personal stats and performance.

Kap was not the reason the record was bad...the record was bad because the 49ers had their ascending roster disappear faster than any team I have seen in NFL history.  Lost players to off field issues, early retirements, free agency, etc.  It was one of the most stunning roster decimations I have ever seen and was done over 2 seasons.  Check Kap stats and you will see their record wasn't because he couldn't play.  In fact, he's better than several teams starters are.  

His last season, in a partial season he had 16 TDS, 4 INTs, and another 2 rushing TDS with a QB rating over 90.   For his career, he had 72 TDs to 30 INTs and a career QB rating of 88.9.  

This made up notion that the demise of SF's winning was somehow his fault is utterly absurd and mere fan mythology based on biased of not liking him.  They lost many pro bowl players and all his offensive weapons in a 2 year period and the roster became one of the worst in the league after being one of the best young rosters when he led them to a SB a couple years prior.  

Kap may not be Mahomes, but this dude is easily better than a lot of QB's starting and backup QB's across the NFL.  He absolutely should have a job in the NFL.  He may not ever get back to being a starter, but its utterly false and absurd for anyone to say he sucks and cant play.  People on this board have 2 speeds...Pro bowl or he Sucks.  He may not make a Pro Bowl, but he doesnt suck to the point he shouldn't be in the NFL.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt realize the 49ers started Kap by himself against 11 defenders and then rolled him out there on defense by himself abasing 11 opposing offensive players.   I mean you are putting their record solely on him with this statement like he was the only one on the field.  Also you carefully glanced over his personal stats and performance.

Kap was not the reason the record was bad...the record was bad because the 49ers had their ascending roster disappear faster than any team I have seen in NFL history.  Lost players to off field issues, early retirements, free agency, etc.  It was one of the most stunning roster decimations I have ever seen and was done over 2 seasons.  Check Kap stats and you will see their record wasn't because he couldn't play.  In fact, he's better than several teams starters are.  

His last season, in a partial season he had 16 TDS, 4 INTs, and another 2 rushing TDS with a QB rating over 90.   For his career, he had 72 TDs to 30 INTs and a career QB rating of 88.9.  

This made up notion that the demise of SF's winning was somehow his fault is utterly absurd and mere fan mythology based on biased of not liking him.  They lost many pro bowl players and all his offensive weapons in a 2 year period and the roster became one of the worst in the league after being one of the best young rosters when he led them to a SB a couple years prior.  

Kap may not be Mahomes, but this dude is easily better than a lot of QB's starting and backup QB's across the NFL.  

then why didn’t he sign the Contract with Denver 2 year ago?

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

When is this guy guna go away?

he is. What did he do?  Nothing. Just PFT doing their weekly attack on the League. 

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

What does that have to do with anything I just said?  I talked about his ability to play, not desire.  

they both are connected. His ability to play isn’t there if his desire to play isn’t there. 

so makes PFTs weekly Kaep articles boring at this point. He doesn’t want to play

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

then why didn’t he sign the Contract with Denver 2 year ago?

Lol...and why are you dwelling on that?  Dude, that was when he was first a FA, long before the black ball thing really sunk in.  Players turn down teams all the time as free agents, because they think there will be a better opportunity they prefer.  Its silly to suggest that he does NOT want to play TODAY because of something he turned down literally THREE years ago when he thought he was going to have other opportunities...I mean that article is over a year old already and its talking about something that was 2 years before that.  

This is a really silly and ridiculous thing to apply to him today.  

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

he is. What did he do?  Nothing. Just PFT doing their weekly attack on the League. 

they both are connected. His ability to play isn’t there if his desire to play isn’t there. 

so makes PFTs weekly Kaep articles boring at this point. He doesn’t want to play

Dude that was over THREE years ago man.  Its utterly ridiculous to apply that on him today when he "allegedly" turned down a Broncos offer over 3 years ago when he first became a free agent.  

Using that article is clearly just a tool to prop up your negative biased on him as it literally has 0% relevancy to what has been going on since then and his situation today.  Especially since his agents have been very vocal about finding him a backup job and not looking for a starting opportunity.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol...and why are you dwelling on that?  Dude, that was when he was first a FA, long before the black ball thing really sunk in.  Players turn down teams all the time as free agents, because they think there will be a better opportunity they prefer.  Its silly to suggest that he does NOT want to play TODAY because of something he turned down literally THREE years ago when he thought he was going to have other opportunities...I mean that article is over a year old already and its talking about something that was 2 years before that.  

This is a really silly and ridiculous thing to apply to him today.  

if he wanted to play football. Would he not be in the CFL?  It is because he doesn’t want to play. 

Hard to be blackballed when you don’t want to play. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dailycaller.com/2017/08/07/nfl-source-kaepernick-turned-down-at-least-1-contract-to-play-up-the-race-card

Just now, MAJBobby said:

if he wanted to play football. Would he not be in the CFL?  It is because he doesn’t want to play. 

Again, I made a post about his ABILITY to play...and you keep responding with your own personal belief that he does not want to play.  Has nothing to do with what I wrote and what you keep responding too.  

I don't know if he wants to play or not...its absurd for me or anyone else to pretend they know the answer to that question as only Kap knows that.  I do know, his agents have been aggressively trying to get him a job in the NFL...which indicates he wants to play IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Again, I made a post about his ABILITY to play...and you keep responding with your own personal belief that he does not want to play.  Has nothing to do with what I wrote and what you keep responding too.  

I don't know if he wants to play or not...its absurd for me or anyone else to pretend they know the answer to that question as only Kap knows that.  I do know, his agents have been aggressively trying to get him a job in the NFL...which indicates he wants to play IMO.  

yet in 2017 turned down NFL offers. Turned down CFL and AAF. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxsportsradio.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2017-08-09-clay-travis-believes-seahawks-offered-kaepernick-a-contract/

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

yet in 2017 turned down NFL offers. Turned down CFL and AAF. 

Lol...he turned down Broncos 3 years ago when he just became a FA, has nothing to do with the black balled stuff.  And the AAF was shown to be a rumor and shot down.  And who can blame anyone turning down the AAF, it folded mid season.  

And just because he did not want to go down to the "minor leagues" does not mean he doesn't want to play in the NFL.  You are just making your own assumptions that fit with your negative view of Kap.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol...he turned down Broncos 3 years ago when he just became a FA, has nothing to do with the black balled stuff.  And the AAF was shown to be a rumor and shot down.  And who can blame anyone turning down the AAF, it folded mid season.  

And just because he did not want to go down to the "minor leagues" does not mean he doesn't want to play in the NFL.  You are just making your own assumptions that fit with your negative view of Kap.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxsportsradio.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2017-08-09-clay-travis-believes-seahawks-offered-kaepernick-a-contract/

ummm yep Turned down NFL offers in 2017. 

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

He recently stated he has been working out and is ready to play.

ahhh must be is collusion settlement money is running out. Ooo wait or he lied to keep his name in the news 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If he was as good as Mahomes he’d have a job. If he was as good as Peterman we wouldn’t be talking about him. Unfortunately for Kaep he’s somewhere in between. 

If he would get paid like Peterman Kaep would have a better chance at getting a job and that salary is why a lot of 2nd string QBs remain on roster.