Kaepernick Black-balled?

Should Colin Kaepernick be allowed to play?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have a problem with Colin Kaepernick playing for an NFL Team?

• No Problem! He should be allowed to play!
    • He should NOT be allowed to play!
  2. 2. Hypothetical Scenario to make it interesting: Josh Allen needs "Bogosian/UPL-type hip surgery; should the Bills sign Kaepernick to start or back-up Barkley?

• Sign him!
    • Let's find some other talent and weather the storm 'til Josh comes back next year - mid-season!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:00 AM

If he was a good QB then he should be playing somewhere, baggage or not. However, he is not good. Unfortunately, this makes it appear like he’s blackballed.

Should EJ Manual be playing somewhere? He’s just not good enough either. Is EJ being blackballed?

No, and no.

• Like (+1) 8

16 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

If I were him, I'd sue the league for $10MM per year for as many years I felt I could have played plus treble damages.  Very provable, smacks of racism too.

He is not a good QB, if so he would be playing - that's how it works in the NFL!

• Like (+1) 1

He’s borderline at best, and loses value every week he’s away. He’s just not worth the headache he created and the circus that would ensue. If you are trying to win football games, you need better focus than that. Let him tear up the CFL or XFL and prove he deserves it. IF he is good enough, he will be welcomed back by some team in need, and I have no problem with that. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Where I work like many of you, create problems, and you’re gone whether you deserve it or not. This is why you keep you’re mouth shut and do you’re job.

i don’t care whether he works for a team, but I don’t him on our team, and here is no way the Pegulas, Beane, or. McD would take him.

Hell no. If someone else wants him, fine.  That is up to them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not that I want to go down this road but he’s kind of in the “juice not worth the squeeze category.” Is Kaep one of the best 64 QBs in the world? Yep. Is he good enough to warrant the circus that will follow? Apparently not. 

I agree with this.  I have no problem with his kneeling or his desire to draw attention to a real issue, although the thing with the socks was definitely in poor taste and not an action that sets the stage for productive dialogue.  While his best playing days are likely behind him, he is still more talented than many QBs on NFL rosters today.  Teams simply don't want the media circus and alienation of a certain percentage of its fan base.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Where I work like many of you, create problems, and you’re gone whether you deserve it or not. This is why you keep you’re mouth shut and do you’re job.

i don’t care whether he works for a team, but I don’t him on our team, and here is no way the Pegulas, Beane, or. McD would take him.

Hell no. If someone else wants him, fine.  That is up to them.

We knew a lady who sued her employer/bank over the comp plan that everyone else lived with just fine. She thought she got screwed on her bonus (as had happened to me at times).  That did not end well. Make trouble and you’re gone. 

This is not even going to the core issue, where I personally believe his freedom of expression goes out the window when the uniform goes on. If I had political positions I promoted at the bank, that would last less than a day. I could get with the program, or find a new program. 

I regret I ever posted here, but will try to step down now. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

He’s borderline at best, and loses value every week he’s away. He’s just not worth the headache he created and the circus that would ensue. If you are trying to win football games, you need better focus than that. Let him tear up the CFL or XFL and prove he deserves it. IF he is good enough, he will be welcomed back by some team in need, and I have no problem with that. 

Exactly.   If he was some other-worldly talent, he might be worth the distraction.  But he's not.  So he's not worth the distraction.   And it's a distraction of his own making so spare me the tears.

And yeah...you sue the NFL and they blackball you.  How about that.  Curious how many people here have sued their employer and then been welcomed back with open arms.

• Like (+1) 4

I’ll bite. Kaep is likely at back up replacement level. That is to say, I imagine he would be able to compete for a #2 or #3 spot. But let’s be real here. Why would any employer hire this guy? Is any #2 or #3 spot worth the distraction he comes with? What about in the private sector? Would you hire a low to mid level staff that has the ability to potentially distract all of your staff?

• Like (+1) 2

Honestly, when all this started, he had shown enough to warrant at least a training camp invitation from an NFL team. If Peterman and EJ Manuel can get a shot, he should have too. But he's been out of the game so long and the controversy around him has gotten so big now that I doubt he could ever come back. 

I believe the worst part of this ugly episode is that American citizens happily endorsed the taking away of another American citizens constitutional rights, over a straw man argument, in support of a corporate monopoly, pretty damn sad imo.  Morons endorse the very behavior that takes away their own rights as citizens, and are very likely so willfully ignorant that they don’t even see what they have endorsed.

VMA 331, 2nd Marine air wing MAG 32, Semper Fi, to all that walked the walk, and served their country to preserve the rights of every American. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1