PFT says "Bills 2nd Best Team in AFC"

DefenseWins

17 hours ago, Frez said:

Oh boy, we beat the Jets, Giants , Bengals, Titans. 

Not really that impressive so far considering what we have played for teams. They are ALL garbage and we lost at home to the Patriots. 

I'm not convinced just yet. Maybe it's just the AFC is that weak this year. 

Pats* have beat the Jets, Giants, Redskins, Fish and Steelers.

Not really that impressive so far. They are all garbage.

The true point here is the Bills of the past lose to the Jets, Bengals and Titans based on the way those games played out. This year, they didn't. They won the games they were supposed to win.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You honestly don’t see the difference? Come on PTR.  If they make the playoffs, the media will fall over backwards praising them.  

And still think the Texans and Chiefs are better because they have elite QBs.  It would be very interesting to see how our defense matches up with them.  But yeah, the AFC is pretty open. 

It’s kinda crazy.  Why does the team that always goes to the SB get more love than the team that’s made the playoffs once in 20 years??? Haters!

tenor.gif

When @C.Biscuit97 sees Tom Brady.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Allen wasn't Allen in that game though. He was completely in his head and the moment looked too big for him. I think that game was an opportunity for growth, but I had 0 faith that he would pull anything off.

In addition to going against Bill and his # 1 rated D, or maybe because of it, there is no doubt that Allen was psyched out against NE for most of that game. I have to agree with you that Allen was not himself and while he's had his ups and downs to be sure he seemed to me to be destabilized in a way that I don't think I had previously noticed (and hope not to notice again). Having said that Allen is a gamer and was starting to look steadier on his pins when he was clocked. He is 100% capable of a big play and/or series at any time, but he seems to show it mostly as time is winding down and the pressure is ratcheting up (which is itself a good sign). Allen right now is very streaky, but when he's on he is a presence to be reckoned with. I have no doubt that bad as he looked before he could very credibly have engineered another "improbable" 4th quarter victory. 

Two ways to look at it. 

1. Who’s clearly better? Pats, sure. And I’d say KC too despite the problems the last couple weeks. No one else right now. Not even the Texans. 

2. Are the Bills clearly better than:

- Chargers? No

- Colts? No

- Broncos? No

- Titans? No

- Browns? No 

Dolphins? Sure. But even the Jets and Raiders aren’t in the “clearly worse” category. That’s what’s so important about the 4-1 start. We don’t have to be objectively “better” in some abstract sense in order to have a much better chance of making the playoffs!

Edited by The Frankish Reich

I would put 5 teams ahead of us in the NFL as off today.....NE, NO, GB, KC, and SF .....that puts us #3 in the AFC.....you would have told me at the end of August that the Bills would be in that position....I would taken it in a heartbeat....  

PS: to pretend to not understand why NE's schedule isn't brought up as much as the Bills' is silly......20 years of domination vs 20 years of mostly disappointments.....it's like the last 2 decades did not happened.....I keep reading how NE isn't as good as most think....1) that's been said now for the last 3-4 years...yet, they still dominate.....2) every year, NE improves as the season goes.....why would it not be the case this season ?.....so, according to some, they are not as good as before......they're 6-0....playing the Jest this week...90% sure they'll be 7-0.....as others have said...you are what your record says you are....and right now, they're the best team in the NFL...again....

Edited by Iron Maiden

13 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

I would put 5 teams ahead of us in the NFL as off today.....NE, NO, GB, KC, and SF .....that puts us #3 in the AFC.....you would have told me at the end of August that the Bills would be in that position....I would taken it in a heartbeat....  

PS: to pretend to not understand why NE's schedule isn't brought up as much as the Bills' is silly......20 years of domination vs 20 years of mostly disappointments.....it's like the last 2 decades did not happened.....I keep reading how NE isn't as good as most think....1) that's been said now for the last 3-4 years...yet, they still dominate.....2) every year, NE improves as the season goes.....why would it not be the case this season ?.....so, according to some, they are not as good as before......they're 6-0....playing the Jest this week...90% sure they'll be 7-0.....as others have said...you are what your record says you are....and right now, they're the best team in the NFL...again....

which is why I don’t think the bills are that bad. Head to head they played just as good on defense as we did and just as bad on offense as we did. 

our offense is actually pretty good. They just need to clean up the turnovers. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1