2020 Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

TSNBDSC

Just now, row_33 said:

are you aggressive in seeking out a baseball?

i wasn't paying attention and got hit in the chest by a t-shirt fired from a shirt cannon at a Raptors game, it fell into the seat in front of me and i gave it to a kid the row behind me

it kinda smarted a bit, the surprise the most of it, glad i didn't get hit in the face

Nope.  Didn’t get out of my seat for either of them.  Both mid-game foul balls.

I’d love a canon shirt some day!

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

are you aggressive in seeking out a baseball?

i wasn't paying attention and got hit in the chest by a t-shirt fired from a shirt cannon at a Raptors game, it fell into the seat in front of me and i gave it to a kid the row behind me

it kinda smarted a bit, the surprise the most of it, glad i didn't get hit in the face

You missed out, if it hit you in the face or seriously hurt you there's the possibility of a nice lawsuit, I hear that's how Drake got his current gig with the team........

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Nope.  Didn’t get out of my seat for either of them.  Both mid-game foul balls.

I’d love a canon shirt some day!

I only win when I don’t plot to, i was sitting 2/3 of the way up the baseline section, didn’t know they carried that far in a line drive over hands

also caught a mini-basketball at a game, I was in the 4th row so it seemed possible 

Edited by row_33

9 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Couple friends and I were bumming around the country '78-'79 and happen to be near Memphis.

We decided to go to Graceland and start making our way there by map.

The nearer that we got, which wasn't even close, traffic was impossible.

We were caught in a trap. Turned out Elvis's father had died and was being laid out at Graceland. 

I was in the clinical psychology PhD program at Memphis State University, now the University of Memphis, between 1976 and 1980. Went to Graceland many times when people came to visit. Actually got a little tired of it. However, this does give me yet another opportunity to share this little story:

I was doing a clinical rotation on the spinal cord injury unit of Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis. While I was there, the word spread around the hospital like a wildfire that Elvis was brought there from his home and pronounced dead. So, I was actually in the building when Elvis left the building. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mojo44 said:

I was in the clinical psychology PhD program at Memphis State University, now the University of Memphis, between 1976 and 1980.

While I was there, the word spread around the hospital like a wildfire that Elvis was brought there from his home and pronounced dead. So, I was actually in the building when Elvis left the building. 

You the one who gave the Enquirer/ Supermarket checkout rag that cashed in on Elvis morgue pics ?

(got the Elvis has left the building)

Edited by I am the egg man

14 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Occasionally have been to Cleveland last couple decades, not once wanted to go to the R&R HofF.

I'd rather go to Ralphie's house, which I didn't know about last time I was there.

The story really takes place in Hammond, Indiana... I never understood why Cleveland lays claim to it.  It was just filmed in Cleveland. Cleveland was selected because it was the only place with a willing department store:

"Director Bob Clark reportedly sent scouts to twenty cities before selecting Cleveland for exterior filming. Cleveland was chosen because of Higbee's Department Store in downtown Cleveland. (Since Higbee's was exclusive to northeast Ohio, the department store referred to in Shepherd's book and the film is most likely Goldblatt's, located in downtown Hammond [with the Cam-Lan Chinese Restaurant three doors down on Sibley Ave].) Until they connected with Higbee's, location scouts had been unsuccessful in finding a department store that was willing to be part of the film. Higbee's vice president Bruce Campbell agreed to take part in the project on the condition he be allowed to edit the script for cursing..."

Cleveland is a fraud... In so many ways... LoL...

Just now, I am the egg man said:

^ ,Maybe fiction isn't your thing.

It is.  Movies aren't.  The book (In God We Trust: All Others Pay Cash) takes place in Hammond, Indiana.  There is absolutely no references to Ohio.  Except in one story, Cleveland Street in Hammond.  They even changed the name of store from Godblatt's to Higbee's.

Just like the Rock and Roll HoF, Cleveland is a fraud... LoL...

6 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

You the one who gave the Enquirer/ Supermarket checkout rag that cashed in on Elvis morgue pics ?

(got the Elvis has left the building)

It wasn’t me. But I wish I would have thought of it at the time.

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The story really takes place in Hammond, Indiana... I never understood why Cleveland lays claim to it.  It was just filmed in Cleveland. Cleveland was selected because it was the only place with a willing department store:

"Director Bob Clark reportedly sent scouts to twenty cities before selecting Cleveland for exterior filming. Cleveland was chosen because of Higbee's Department Store in downtown Cleveland. (Since Higbee's was exclusive to northeast Ohio, the department store referred to in Shepherd's book and the film is most likely Goldblatt's, located in downtown Hammond [with the Cam-Lan Chinese Restaurant three doors down on Sibley Ave].) Until they connected with Higbee's, location scouts had been unsuccessful in finding a department store that was willing to be part of the film. Higbee's vice president Bruce Campbell agreed to take part in the project on the condition he be allowed to edit the script for cursing..."

Cleveland is a fraud... In so many ways... LoL...

Some of the filming also took place on St Catharines Ontario, I believe they used a school there?

• Like (+1) 1