Ed Oliver pressuring: 4th in NFL among interior DL in pass-rush win rate

YoloinOhio

On 10/15/2019 at 12:28 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I have to disagree there.  When he penetrates the interior, that makes a major impact.  It moves the QB off of his spot, they can't step into the throw and it allows other defensive players to close in on a sack or get a clean up sack.  Gives them more one on one (juan on juan if you're hispanic) match ups.  He has to be accounted for on every play.   

Using the term “of his spot” like you know what it means.

He's not getting sacks but he's causing chaos and finishing tackles. The sacks will come. He'll probably get a bunch one random week the way he's playing. Love the Oliver pick, and he's a great interview! Already one of my favorite Bills.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That 19% win rate isn't specific to double teams, it's both single and double. It's his win rate within 2.5s of snap on pass plays whether double or single. Still 19% win rate in comparison to his peers is very, very good. Donald obviously get's doubled the most and has the highest win rate.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:57 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

We think alike and that's beautiful.

I was at the game and live, I thought it was all Oliver and I started celebrating in the crowd.  Then it wasn't him so I sat down.

Funny part was I had been drinking and I started calling Jordan Phillips, Zach Thomas for some reason.  I have no idea why that name came out.

I was a Bills fan screaming "Great job Zach!"

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

Miami's starting C is out too...Fitz will need to get the ball out very, very quick or be killed. 

If the pressure is overwhelming, I can see the Bills jumping some routes too. I almost feel bad for them...

On 10/15/2019 at 1:40 PM, Magox said:

The sacks will come, it's just a matter of time.   

Interior lineman never get great sack numbers. The pressures are awesome though. He's getting it done!

On 10/15/2019 at 2:05 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

I won't dispute the facts. He may be winning these pass rush opportunities but he has not translated them into impact plays. We have all watched the games and I can think of only a handful of impact plays. 

What I am most impressed with though, is how he has held up in the rush defense. I was worried more about getting gashed up the middle than a lack of interior pass rush. He, Star, and Phillips have really done well at the point of attack.

If he is truly winning at this rate, then the impact plays should come. Hopefully he stays fresh and doesn't hit the rookie wall.

The interior of the Bills' D-line is wrecking QBs. Consistently, opposing QBs are getting pressure up the middle, which is exactly where it makes the biggest problem for a QB. Oliver is not getting sacks but he's making QBs move from the pocket and not feel comfortable there. 

54 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Interior lineman never get great sack numbers. The pressures are awesome though. He's getting it done!

The interior of the Bills' D-line is wrecking QBs. Consistently, opposing QBs are getting pressure up the middle, which is exactly where it makes the biggest problem for a QB. Oliver is not getting sacks but he's making QBs move from the pocket and not feel comfortable there. 

This is exactly how you impact Fitz. He gets the ball out fast but pressure will throw him off and he will throw it to the wrong place. Similar to what they did do Brady. Now the offense just need to score some damn points and not turn the ball over. 

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

I can’t wait till he breaks out and starts sacking these QBs. It’s going to be scary. He is just warming up and getting a feel of the NFL game. I can’t wait!

When the Bills get another disruptive DE, it should open things up for Oliver even more.