The Browns have self-destructed (Les Propheties by Fergydamus)

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I hear ya. The original intent of this thread was to project the Browns as a bunch of individuals rather than a team, and hence, a 2-5 record to start. That happened. They now won some games to even their record, but the Myles Garrett incident and Fred Kitchens comments post-game put us back to the starting line. Damn. Tough to watch. 

Best thing to watch in a long time.

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

So basically the same record as the Bills with a ton more high priced FA signings. 

Something like that. But my point all week has been that the Browns were not as bad as their record indicated when the Bills played them, and so maybe the Bills aren't suddenly one of the worse teams in the NFL for barely losing that away game.

The Browns lost to Rams, Pats, Niners, and Seahawks...and beat the Ravens. I expect the Bills would have lost to all 4 of those teams and lost to the Ravens. Not a knock on the Bills, but just my take is they aren't as good as those teams. 

Edited by Sundancer

41 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Sit down slowly okay. Have you heard of a player named Myles Garrett? 

I have and I wasn't talking to you :) .  It was a miscommunication.  It sounded like the poster I was referring to was sarcastically talking about the Browns winning 2 in a row like "ooohhhh big disaster huh?"  

It wasn't clear he was talking about Garrett...as that was being discussed in the game day thread.

Thanks for making me waste time to write this to you so you could get up to speed on a conversation you weren't invited to :)

The Browns response to Garrett's borderline criminal act are positively Clintonian in their equivocation.  I see a whole lot more of the sort of "gee I'm sorry if anyone was offended" than any actual contrition.  We all know how this plays out, that Goodell will fold like a cheap suit and Garrett will be playing again the moment that the league feels like people have stopped paying attention, but if there's even a tiny bit of Karma out there the Curse of the Browns will live on and they can stay in the wilderness for 20 years.

Basically I'm saying screw Garrett and the Browns and I hope next time that guy sees the field that some non-specific ill befalls him, maybe some broken ribs or something that isn't life threatening but will make him miserable

17 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Huh?

I'm talking about what Garrett just did.  

17 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Huuuhhhh?  You posted in the Browns will be a disaster thread.  Does not compute.

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I have and I wasn't talking to you :) .  It was a miscommunication.  It sounded like the poster I was referring to was sarcastically talking about the Browns winning 2 in a row like "ooohhhh big disaster huh?"  

It wasn't clear he was talking about Garrett...as that was being discussed in the game day thread.

Thanks for making me waste time to write this to you so you could get up to speed on a conversation you weren't invited to :)

Yeah, I guess it just wasn’t clear he was talking about Garrett. Lol.

....TIME OUT!....did we forget?......

The Browns Finally Are Super Bowl Contenders After Landing Odell Beckham Jr.

Mike Tanier

Welcome to contention, Cleveland Browns!

The decades-long wait is over. No more flailing helplessly or wandering in the wilderness. No more Moneyball thumb-twiddling. No more tantric tanking or doomsday hoarding. No more 0-16 parades or late-night talk show wisecracks.  

The Browns agreed to acquire star Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. on Tuesday in exchange for the 17th overall pick in this year's draft, a 2019 third-round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers, per multiple reports. The trade will not become official until the start of the new league year Wednesday afternoon.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825356-the-browns-finally-are-super-bowl-contenders-after-landing-odell-beckham-jr

• Haha (+1) 1

Even with Garrett justifiably out this season (and I would say at least 8 games or a significant portion of next season) the Browns at 4-6 could easily still finish 8-8 or 9-7 this season. They have two layups against the Bengals and a game against the Fins, they play the Steelers and Cardinals as well. If they just take care of those Bengals games and the Fins game they already get to 7 wins and I would imagine they at least split the Steelers and Cards games. Their only tough game remaining on their schedule is the Ravens a team they have beat. 

8 wins would be a disappointment for them considering their expectations but still a decent season considering where they started out. 

On 11/15/2019 at 3:21 AM, BringBackFergy said:

I hear ya. The original intent of this thread was to project the Browns as a bunch of individuals rather than a team, and hence, a 2-5 record to start. That happened. They now won some games to even their record, but the Myles Garrett incident and Fred Kitchens comments post-game put us back to the starting line. Damn. Tough to watch. 

Is your arm aching?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/15/2019 at 5:35 AM, Sundancer said:

Brown's have losses to the class of the nfl. Give with our schedulethem the Bills schedule and they are 7-2 or 8-1. 

I doubt that very much.  They are just hitting their stride. We played them in Cle and imo was the worse loss of the McD era because we were the better team but self destructed ourselves. We're essentially playing at the same level offensively , both offenses struggle with consistentcy , but our D is def Better. I think they'd be 5-4 or 4-5 with our schedule

How come the Pats weren't "self-destructing" when Gronk went after Tre White?

I'm actually pulling for the Browns the rest of the way (obviously, only as far as they won't challenge the Bills for anything like a WC).  They've become the very popular national media punching bag, and Freddie K. is a national joke though he has had just over a half a season to prove himself.  Boston homer Bill Simmons is relentless about that guy - thought he was a clown for not being able to get the ball in the endzone from the 2 8 consecutive times, without giving the Bills D any credit.  I didn't think playcalling had anything to do w/ that.

I have always seen Cleveland as kind of a kindred spirit of Buffalo, not just via Lake Erie. A whole "factory of sadness" argument could easily be made about rooting for the Bills over the past 3 decades....

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Amazing the amount of talent on that team, especially on the offensive side of the ball, but they are worse this year than last. Too many egos in the locker room and coach in over his head. Just when they thought they were on the come up, the Browns are likely closer to being the Browns once again. 

• Like (+1) 2