8th on ESPN Power Ranking

foreboding

13 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Guess we’ll find out in 2 weeks...

Unfortunately, I still think it’s too early to rank us. We’ve played ONE good team... and some of those games have been way too close for comfort.

The Bills played 3, arguably 4 bad teams and even with mistakes kept it TOO close for NE***'s liking 

Kraft is already begging for Gronk to unretire. 

good teams overcome mistakes.....   

Question:   

would the Bills have fared as well last season doing the same? 

Who gives a flying fluck where anyone has the Bills ranked on their stupid power rankings.

This isn't college football where it does matter where you rank.

I could care less if every stupid ranking list had the Bills 33rd on it.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Who gives a flying fluck where anyone has the Bills ranked on their stupid power rankings.

This isn't college football where it does matter where you rank.

I could care less if every stupid ranking list had the Bills 33rd on it.

Some do, some don't ...  It's a topic people like to discuss.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/16/2019 at 9:34 AM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Some do, some don't ...  It's a topic people like to discuss.   

PFF has the Bills 20th what a joke that site is. Explaining their system this way!

“As opposed to most other ELO systems, PFF ELO doesn’t use the final score to update the rankings. Instead, we compute what the final score should have been based on the player grades.”

What a stupid system. That’s like saying: our picks were right, what happened in the games was wrong! 

They live in their own reality.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Rankings Schmankings lets just get more W’s!

On 10/15/2019 at 12:27 PM, H2o said:

Noticed that as well. Kind of hard to argue with at this point. I do believe I would have us at #8 behind the Texans and Chiefs, with the Ravens coming in at #9. 

Chiefs aren’t very good right now but after Denver tonight all the media will be back on Mahomes and crews jock strap. 

Week 8 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27889924/week-8-nfl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-plus-new-goals-every-team

9. Buffalo Bills (5-1)

Week 7 ranking: rd-arrow.png

Recalibrated expectation: Make the playoffs

With their current 5-1 record and one of the NFL's easiest remaining schedules, there's no excuse for the Bills not to make the playoffs for the second time in three seasons -- something that hasn't happened since they made back-to-back postseason appearances in 1998 and 1999. They're only one game back of the AFC East-leading Patriots, but overtaking them for what could end up being the conference's number-one seed seems less realistic than capturing a wild-card berth. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the AFC.  They are the only team to even play with the best team in football.  They are young and have a ton of cap space.  This is not the championship year, but next year could be.

On 10/17/2019 at 4:32 PM, billsfan_34 said:

Rankings Schmankings lets just get more W’s!

Chiefs aren’t very good right now but after Denver tonight all the media will be back on Mahomes and crews jock strap. 

The Chiefs are not as good as the Bills, Texans, or Colts. Their Defense is bad. The Ravens blowout loss to Cleveland at Home also makes me wonder in the Ravens that good.

Top 6 in AFC is pretty clear cut.

Patriots

Bills

Colts

Texans

Chiefs

Ravens

Edited by FUTURIST
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/15/2019 at 1:51 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

exactly. we already have a ranking system based solely on records..... its call the NFL standings... 

Except it's broken when you have a team with the second best record be the 5th seed.  We could be 15-1 by the end of the season and still be the 5th seed behind a team with single digit wins.

NFL.com would still probably find a reason to rank us behind them too.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

Except it's broken when you have a team with the second best record be the 5th seed.  We could be 15-1 by the end of the season and still be the 5th seed behind a team with single digit wins.

NFL.com would still probably find a reason to rank us behind them too.

you totally missed the point of what I was trying to say I think....

somebody argue the power rankings should be based on records. I said there would be no need for opinion based power rankings at that point and we could just look at a list of the best records in the standings if that was the case. 

• Like (+1) 1

Power rankings are just a subjective snapshot of the league week to week. The Bills don’t score enough points or make enough highlight reels to move up. They also play an easy schedule this season, so won’t have many eye opening wins with wow factor. They’d be higher if they had beaten the Pats* regardless of the score, and that might be their only way to move into the top 5 or so all season. 

On 10/15/2019 at 8:21 AM, foreboding said:

Seems about right, crazy the normally high ranked teams beneath us.

Rams, Eagles, Cowboys etc-

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27839117/week-7-nfl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-plus-every-team-biggest-weakness

Week 6 ranking: 10gn-arrow.png

Biggest weakness: Turnovers

It's a fixable problem, but the Bills' 11 turnovers are tied for fifth in the NFL -- which is an obvious ball and chain for an offense ranked fifth in average time of possession, ninth in first downs per game and 11th in yards per game. If Buffalo takes better care of the ball, it will be a dangerous team given the strength of its defense. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

Playing NE's defense can skew that turnover metric - just ask the Jets. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you totally missed the point of what I was trying to say I think....

somebody argue the power rankings should be based on records. I said there would be no need for opinion based power rankings at that point and we could just look at a list of the best records in the standings if that was the case. 

I did ...  

you-got-a-problem-with-that-meme-14438.j

lol 

and it wasn't an argument ... it was a statement of my opinion 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

7 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

I hate those formats.  Give me one page to look at and not thirty freaken two 

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Because they did not beat on the Dolphins like the Pats beat on the Jets.

by that logic ....   then the Cowboys must be ranked 20th for losing to the JETS  and the 49ers must be #1.  

• Like (+1) 1

I should remind you the same sports networks ranked Buffalo #23- #29 before the Bills even played 1 freaking game.

Had the Browns #3.

Great judgement on their part

Related image3
Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I hate those formats.  Give me one page to look at and not thirty freaken two 

by that logic ....   then the Cowboys must be ranked 20th for losing to the JETS  and the 49ers must be #1.  

Who said logic had anything to do with power rankings?