8th on ESPN Power Ranking

foreboding

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

why should they be based "opinions" ?  What point does it serve?  

And I would rank Buffalo over Houston.  Watson is WAY to reckless and their D isn't as good as it was.  19th in total yards

Hell, Buffalo's D is better than KC's  28th D in yards allowed and 31st against the run.  

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

because they are power rankings. not standings.... if they just wanna list them in order of record it makes no sense to do a power ranking. 

What Stank said. 

Power rankings are standings (quantitative) +context (qualitative). I may disagree with some, but it is what it is. I mean based on the same logic, you could say that Buffalo should not be ranked higher than 9th because they are not winning their division. 

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

10th on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001066009/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-7-49ers-eyeing-no-1-texans-surge

"I am not here to throw any cold water on the Bills and their optimistic fans (though I will, if one is on fire in the parking lot), but the NFL Research Department reports that the last two times the Bills began the season 4-1, they finished with a losing record (6-10 in 2011 and 7-9 in 2008). Consider it a gentle reminder of how much things can change from October to January, rather than a prediction of football doom for the denizens of Western New York. After all, this Buffalo team won't live and die on Fitzmagic. There are many contributors, including the venerable Frank Gore, who leads an NFL team -- a good NFL team -- in rushing in the year 2019. How about that? Gore's 333 rushing yards are the most by a player 36 or older in five games since 1950. Frank Gore probably remembers 1950. Frank Gore will live forever."

I think there is a lot of overreaction. You see crazy swings from week to week in many of these power rankings, only to have them swing back the next week.

I saw this earlier today. 3-2 bears had a bye and a backup qb and hop us? odd.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

The Bills are 11th on SI:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/15/nfl-power-rankings-week-7-patriots-49ers-saints

1. New England

2. San Francisco

3. New Orleans

4. Green Bay

5. Seattle

6. Kansas City

7. Houston

8. Minnesota

9. Baltimore

10. Indianapolis

11. Buffalo

"Previous rank: 11
Points in poll: 153
Highest-place vote: 8 (1 voter)
Lowest-place vote: 13 (4 voters)
Last week’s result: Bye
This week: vs. Miami

The Bills continue their push for the Wild Card with a presumed layup against the doormat Dolphins in Buffalo this weekend."

Edited by egd

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

10th on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001066009/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-7-49ers-eyeing-no-1-texans-surge

"I am not here to throw any cold water on the Bills and their optimistic fans (though I will, if one is on fire in the parking lot), but the NFL Research Department reports that the last two times the Bills began the season 4-1, they finished with a losing record (6-10 in 2011 and 7-9 in 2008). Consider it a gentle reminder of how much things can change from October to January, rather than a prediction of football doom for the denizens of Western New York. After all, this Buffalo team won't live and die on Fitzmagic. There are many contributors, including the venerable Frank Gore, who leads an NFL team -- a good NFL team -- in rushing in the year 2019. How about that? Gore's 333 rushing yards are the most by a player 36 or older in five games since 1950. Frank Gore probably remembers 1950. Frank Gore will live forever."

I think there is a lot of overreaction. You see crazy swings from week to week in many of these power rankings, only to have them swing back the next week.

Sorry ....   It was ridiculous of them to say that  

What was,  and what is ....  

What were the JETS last season to warrant a High Opinion of Darnold ?? 

Opinions like ass   holes    everyone has them 

and some really stink 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Except the Saints w/ Brees

and the Panthers (with Kyle Allen) 

and they also squeaked by the JAGS (with Gardner Minshew II)

Both of those losses came against backup QB's with 1.25 and  and .25  years in the league. 

I think this merely demonstrates that on any given Sunday... but also these teams are winning with these backup QBs and as such I don't think this is an indictment of the Texans. That said, I agree they are not yet consistent, but with Desean, anything is possible.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

because they are power rankings. not standings.... if they just wanna list them in order of record it makes no sense to do a power ranking. at that point they could just keep the "standings" column and have no need for an opinion based power ranking. 

having an opinion based ranking poll like these rankings allows for people to add context to the situation that have to do with teams beaten, injuries, how they  played or how they won.

so many miles to go

so many....

11th in The Athletic rankings this week

11. Buffalo Bills (4-1; Last week: 9)

We can’t exactly explain how the Bills fell two spots during their bye week, but they should probably blame the impressive Week 6 performances of the Texans and Vikings, see below.

https://theathletic.com/1293244/2019/10/15/nfl-power-rankings-week-6/

10 - Ravens

9 - Colts

8- Texans

7- Vikings

6- Chiefs

5 - Seahawks

4 - Packers

3 - 49ers

2 - Saints

1 - Cheaters

57 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

though I'm not sold  on Seattle being that high. 

Bengals, Steelers,  Saints, Cardinals, Rams and Browns.

With the exception of Arizona, the average margin of victory over the Bengals, Steelers,  Rams and Browns is 2 points.  

The Rams led the game well into the 4th

I used to hate Seattle, really for no good reason other than I thought Pete Carroll was annoying.  While he is still annoying, I respect that he is a pretty damn good coach and Russ Wilson is one of the best (if not THE best) QBs in the league.  They're just never out of a game.  I think they're a top 5 team in the league at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Mango said:

What Stank said. 

Power rankings are standings (quantitative) +context (qualitative). I may disagree with some, but it is what it is. I mean based on the same logic, you could say that Buffalo should not be ranked higher than 9th because they are not winning their division

To be fair this team could possibly finish 13-3 and not win the division. 

36 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Eagles ahead of Bills... heh heh.

That’ll take care of itself in two weeks

18 minutes ago, stevewin said:

11th in The Athletic rankings this week

https://theathletic.com/1293244/2019/10/15/nfl-power-rankings-week-6/

10 - Ravens

9 - Colts

8- Texans

7- Vikings

6- Chiefs

5 - Seahawks

4 - Packers

3 - 49ers

2 - Saints

1 - Cheaters

Normally I wouldn't waste time commenting on power rankings, but I had to leave a comment after this one.

" Bills fall 2 spots on their bye to 11, behind 5 teams with worse records than them? Their only loss is to your # 1 ranked team (who they played very tough and held to 9 offensive points.) Solid logic... "

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, eball said:

I used to hate Seattle, really for no good reason other than I thought Pete Carroll was annoying.  While he is still annoying, I respect that he is a pretty damn good coach and Russ Wilson is one of the best (if not THE best) QBs in the league.  They're just never out of a game.  I think they're a top 5 team in the league at this point.

Funny, I never liked them either.    I will blame it on the theft of the 12th man and their color rush uni's :sick:   :sick:   :sick:  

It seems to me while still good, they are in a decline.  

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I like Bills more than both. 

1 reason - we are well rounded like a bowling ball. 

Both those teams have glaring holes on Defense.  

I would say ranking third in the league in turnovers is a glaring hole on offense. 

You can’t ignore the Bills holes while magnifying others.  Bills are far from a perfect team and quite frankly they need to take vast steps before being the second best team in the AFC that people are clamoring about.  I like our odds and I like our potential, but the offense is nowhere near consistent enough to consider our team the second best in the AFC.  Potential to be by year end? Yes.  As of right now though, slow your roll and let the Bills prove that they deserve to be seen as that talented of a team rather than gifted it on a shaky 4-1 record. 

I like the team, but in the larger view of things we’re just a few possessions from being 2-3.  A win or two where the Bills control the game from start to finish for all four quarters and dominate their opponent would go a long way to show if they’re truly in the upper echelon of teams. 

But hey, whatever floats your boat, don’t let me rain on you’re parade. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Eagles ahead of Bills... heh heh.

Guess we’ll find out in 2 weeks...

Unfortunately, I still think it’s too early to rank us. We’ve played ONE good team... and some of those games have been way too close for comfort.

• Like (+1) 1