Interest in trading for Marcus Mariota?

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What do these takes accomplish? He’s a clown?  And you are insane if you don’t think he is better than Matt Barkley.  

But overall, it accomplishes nothing to trade for him.  

Perhaps stopping threads like this starting in the first place.

Yes, he's a clown.  He has thrown more than 20 TDs once in his career and has regressed ever since.  His QBR is terrible.  His yards per attempt is terrible.  Take out his second season and he is barely throwing more TDs than Interceptions.  He crumbles with any pass rush what so ever.  I mean, there is a reason they are considering playing Tannehill over him.  And I don't believe Tannehill is a better back up than Barkley either.  At this point it seems all Marcus is trying to do is not throw INTs.  He is starting to look like Tyrod Taylor, but without exceptional running skills.

Edited by Mark80

51 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

The Titans should be announcing their choice of starting QB later today.    I suspect that they will bench Mariota and promote Talleywacker.

Given that I know Mariota has had a following on this board in past  and that the claim is he just needs the right coach,  should the Bills consider going for this guy?    After all , the Bills should be  "All In "  this season given how wide open the AFC is ?

You like him better than our team guy, Barkley? Would you be willing to upset the applecart by tossing Barkley over the side? If keep all three, who do you want to cut?

7 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Perhaps stopping threads like this starting in the first place.

Yes, he's a clown.  He has thrown more than 20 TDs once in his career and has regressed ever since.  His QBR is terrible.  His yards per attempt is terrible.  Take out his second season and he is barely throwing more TDs than Interceptions.  He crumbles with any pass rush what so ever.  I mean, there is a reason they are considering playing Tannehill over him.  And I don't believe Tannehill is a better back up than Barkley either.  At this point it seems all Marcus is trying to do is not throw INTs.  He is starting to look like Tyrod Taylor, but without exceptional running skills.

So is Allen a clown? Because he’s on pace for 16 tds and has more ints than Td.

antonio brown is a clown.  But why name call on a guy because he’s not an elite qb? Seems pretty silly.

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

The Titans should be announcing their choice of starting QB later today.    I suspect that they will bench Mariota and promote Talleywacker.

Given that I know Mariota has had a following on this board in past  and that the claim is he just needs the right coach,  should the Bills consider going for this guy?    After all , the Bills should be  "All In "  this season given how wide open the AFC is ?

NO NO NO NO NO 

HE SUCKS

I feel bad for Marcus

In person he is a good kid....he has his head on straight, doesnt get too caught up in the fandom of it all, stays out of trouble has good family values.

I will forever be grateful the day he showed my son around Oregon campus even though he never got a chance to play there when he got injured his senior season.

I actually thaought Marcus was going to do well in the NFL....I dont know what happened.  That just really goes to show you just how hard it is to play QB at a high level in the NFL....and if you have one that you can play you should be thankful as a fan.

Is there any crappy, underperforming player in the league that someone here doesn't think the Bills should sign?

Now it's a QB who has been demoted in favor of Ryan Tannehill???   Oh yeah, please take my draft picks so we can get that guy!   :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Is there any crappy, underperforming player in the league that someone here doesn't think the Bills should sign?

Now it's a QB who has been demoted in favor of Ryan Tannehill???   Oh yeah, please take my draft picks so we can get that guy!   :wallbash:

Exactly like let’s sign a guy who has zero pocket presence and can’t read defenses to save his life. His TD to INT ratio has been abysmal. I’m sure he’s a good guy but that doesn’t make you a good NFL QB and he’s also been Injury prone for most of his career. Anybody who trades for this guy is trading for fools gold. Cmon the guy just got benched in favor of Ryan freaking Tannehill, let that sink in for a moment. A second overall pick in the first round gets benched in favor of a 1st round draft bust from Miami.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Exactly like let’s sign a guy who has zero pocket presence and can’t read defenses to save his life. His TD to INT ratio has been abysmal. I’m sure he’s a good guy but that doesn’t make you a good NFL QB and he’s also been Injury prone for most of his career. Anybody who trades for this guy is trading for fools gold. Cmon the guy just got benched in favor of Ryan freaking Tannehill, let that sink in for a moment. A second overall pick in the first round gets benched in favor of a 1st round draft bust from Miami.

.....think we should have a separate "BRING 'EM IN(?)FORUM" so gems like these are never missed.....

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So is Allen a clown? Because he’s on pace for 16 tds and has more ints than Td.

antonio brown is a clown.  But why name call on a guy because he’s not an elite qb? Seems pretty silly.

Sorry my word choice offends you so much.  Josh Allen is not 5 years into his career.  If Josh Allen is throwing 16 TDs or more INTs than TDs in year 5, then yes, I believe we may have to re-assess our guy and I would have serious concerns about his ability to be a even a quality back-up.  However, I find that to be very unlikely.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

What is this love for failed first round QBs that some fans have???  Sorry, if the guy can t cut it as a starter --- and Mariota has always looked like an improved, more mobile and somewhat less risk adverse version of Trent Edwards IMO -- why does anybody think he'll make a good backup QB?   First rounders get every opportunity to prove themselves, and if they fail, it generally means it's because they are lacking in key intangibles like decision making, reading defenses, ability to process what they see quickly enough, etc.  They still need those things as a backup.  AFAIK, no failed first round QB has ever been a successful backup QB except, like David Carr with the Giants, he never gets on the field except in garbage time. 

Either get a JAG veteran like Barkley or Taylor who has a good grasp of the game to augment what talent he has or gamble on a lower round/UDFA young QB like Gardner Minshew, Kyle Allen or Mason Rudolph.   You never know -- maybe one of those youngsters is the next Kurt Warner, Tom Brady or Tony Romo.