Interest in trading for Marcus Mariota?

I am more interested in building on the team chemistry and what the Bills are doing with their players than trading for anyone outside of a good OLB and / or OT. It feels like the Bills have good depth at nearly every other position OR have young players that *can* be good but need some coaching and time and I don't want to take that away from them because this organic growth of their players is special. The Off-season will have time and money to fill holes / needs and be able to vet the player's character and persona to fit within the organization. Mariota seems like a good person, and I wish him the best, but QB is a big position to put in mid-season and unless you know their fit within the locker room really well, I think it makes more sense to leave it alone at this point.

21 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

My lord.  Are you serious?  Have you ever watched this clown play?  He is not better than Josh Allen or Matt Barkley.

What do these takes accomplish? He’s a clown?  And you are insane if you don’t think he is better than Matt Barkley.  

But overall, it accomplishes nothing to trade for him.  

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What do these takes accomplish? He’s a clown?  And you are insane if you don’t think he is better than Matt Barkley.  

I'm always confused when fans put down other QBs to prop up the Bills. Josh Allen will be judged on his abilities and his alone, not what his peers are doing. Marcus Mariota appearing to be bad doesn't make Josh Allen look better or make the Bills brain trust look better.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Better than Matt Barkley at what exactly? Having zero pocket presence? Not understanding the offense? Those I'd agree with.

BIG NO to Mariota. Even if he was a FA.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I'm always confused when fans put down other QBs to prop up the Bills. Josh Allen will be judged on his abilities and his alone, not what his peers are doing. Marcus Mariota appearing to be bad doesn't make Josh Allen look better or make the Bills brain trust look better.

Agreed. Mariota isn’t a franchise qb but he is far from a clown. He has an 89 career qb rating (Barkley has a 68 but he is clearly better!).  Mariota will probably get a chance to move to another team to compete for a job and make a lot of money being a backup.

but I definitely would take Allen over him right now. 

33 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

The Titans should be announcing their choice of starting QB later today.    I suspect that they will bench Mariota and promote Talleywacker.

Given that I know Mariota has had a following on this board in past  and that the claim is he just needs the right coach,  should the Bills consider going for this guy?    After all , the Bills should be  "All In "  this season given how wide open the AFC is ?

I believe this person is up to specifications @DC Tom. I was going to say it myself, but I figured you deserved it more as I'm sure you have been patiently awaiting this opportunity. :lol:

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agreed. Mariota isn’t a franchise qb but he is far from a clown. He has an 89 career qb rating (Barkley has a 68 but he is clearly better!).  Mariota will probably get a chance to move to another team to compete for a job and make a lot of money being a backup.

but I definitely would take Allen over him right now. 

Oh yea you take Allen over him now because the final picture of Allen isn't clear, yet. I kind of think the final picture of Mariota isn't either, he has had some god awful coaching and coordinators. He's definitely regressed under the Meat Head. I think he could still be a starting QB in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Better than Matt Barkley at what exactly? Having zero pocket presence? Not understanding the offense? Those I'd agree with.

BIG NO to Mariota. Even if he was a FA.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MariMa01.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkMa00.htm

come on Dr, there’s no comparison between them.  Mariota hasn’t lived up to being a starting qb but Barkley is a dime a dozen backup.  It’s weird how he has become so overrated here. 

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Oh yea you take Allen over him now because the final picture of Allen isn't clear, yet. I kind of think the final picture of Mariota isn't either, he has had some god awful coaching and coordinators. He's definitely regressed under the Meat Head. I think he could still be a starting QB in the league.

It’s so weird because he was pretty awesome his second year.  I also don’t think Vrabel is helping the development.  He also struggles to stay healthy. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MariMa01.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkMa00.htm

come on Dr, there’s no comparison between them.  Mariota hasn’t lived up to being a starting qb but Barkley is a dime a dozen backup.  It’s weird how he has become so overrated here. 

It's not so much that I love Barkley. It's that I think Mariota is absolute garbage, and have thought that about him since Oregon. He's been dealt a bum hand in Tenn (I believe a different OC every year he's been there). But I never thought he was anything special, or even that good.

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's not so much that I love Barkley. It's that I think Mariota is absolute garbage, and have thought that about him since Oregon. He's been dealt a bum hand in Tenn (I believe a different OC every year he's been there). But I never thought he was anything special, or even that good.

He might not be special but a 26 td to 9 int ratio with playoff berths isn’t garbage.