The Laws Trump Has Broken

Kemp

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Of course he's a crook.   Who's not a crook?  Obama, Hillary, Pocahontas, Biden?   Good grief, the left is like the NY mob in the '40s!

You might be getting more sympathy with the whistleblower complaints if the same gang hadn't spent two full years on the phony 'Russian collusion' crap that was finally proven to be complete horseshit.   The left has been crying wolf since about 9pm on Election night, so forgive me for not jumping as high as you'd like on the current scandal of the week.

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Why should we just be numb to the scandals? 

You do see the Republicans turning the clock back to the 1920s?  How well did that work out with the scandals, etc... Business, scandal, ethics, the volatile market... I said this since the start, this won't end well... Yet, everybody that leans right is so sure that a business guy is what government needs.  Sorry, I am in a crooked area where the jails are littered with businessman turned politicians. It usually doesn't end well when they try and switch ethical gears towards public service.  And don't be mistaken... We got a Democrat businessman in the governor's mansion now.  The Republicans wiffed attempting the same the last 4 years.

You think Clinton's make bad public servants? Moneymen even worse.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Why should we just be numb to the scandals? 

You do see the Republicans turning the clock back to the 1920s?  How well did that work out with the scandals, etc... Business, scandal, ethics, the volatile market... I said this since the start, this won't end well... Yet, everybody that leans right is so sure that a business guy is what government needs.  Sorry, I am in a crooked area where the jails are littered with businessman turned politicians. It usually doesn't end well when they try and switch ethical gears towards public service.  And don't be mistaken... We got a Democrat businessman in the governor's mansion now.  The Republicans wiffed attempting the same the last 4 years.

You think Clinton's make bad public servants? Moneymen even worse.

Clintons are both...making them the worst of all.  They are one step below dictators.  Biden's not far behind.  Trump's power will largely evaporate the day he leaves office.

You'll rarely hear me complain about reasonable regulation and you won't find anyone who advocates for harsher punishment for white collar crimes (I'd execute them right along with murderers).

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Clintons are both...making them the worst of all.  They are one step below dictators.  Biden's not far behind.  Trump's power will largely evaporate the day he leaves office.

You'll rarely hear me complain about reasonable regulation and you won't find anyone who advocates for harsher punishment for white collar crimes (I'd execute them right along with murderers).

I agree with this.  But they aren't worse.  I mostly agree with the second paragraph.

That dictatorial power Trump is cultivating is worse and will be passed on.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Name one specific way that Trump is "cultivating dictatorial power". 

Just one. Not something he said, not something he was rumored to have thought about doing, not something he tweeted... give one example of an actual policy or action put into place by this administration that fits that description. 

Go.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Just one. Not something he said, not something he was rumored to have thought about doing, not something he tweeted... give one example of an actual policy or action put into place by this administration that fits that description. 

Go.

It's not that big of a deal.  Ramsey was going to get a deal regardless and the Bills will then reset the market again with White.  We'll have plenty of cap space to do so. 

Everybody is killing the Rams for this but Phillips's defense needed a shut down corner.  Ramsey is a two time pro bowler who can shut down your #1 WR away and is only 24.  The price was going to be steep.  It's similar to what the Texans gave up for Tunsil.  The Rams now have a core of young players (Goff, Gurley, Donald, Ramsey) to be competitive for at least the next three to four years.  Peters was more of a zone coverage corner who is excellent at reading the quarterback and jumping routes.  The Rams should've gotten more than a 5th round pick for him though.

That is why Trump broke the law.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Go.

I said: "cultivating."

"...Like these previous presidents, Trump hasn’t made a blatant lunge for dictatorial power. But his intermittent impulses toward autocracy have made it necessary for advisers, Congress and courts to contain him.

He argued during his campaign for the efficacy of torture and prosecuting his opponent, Hillary Clinton. He has threatened media whose coverage he found insufficiently admiring, and tried to suppress the Trump-damning book "Fire and Fury."

He proposed an un-American religious test for immigrants and refugees to ban Muslims; infected the body politic with nepotistic and business-crony appointees; shrugs off Russian meddling in our elections; and discussed a mass roundup-*****-deportation of illegal immigrants. (Arrests of undocumented immigrants surged during Trump’s first year, though not deportations as of yet.)

To top it off, the president plays fawning footsie with real dictators.

"Can It Happen Here?" discusses how Trump-like populism has left democracy wobbling in Hungary and Poland, where elected strongmen have variously packed courts and government bodies or otherwise curtailed their ability to challenge the leaders. More recently, Italian elections so rewarded far-right parties that one observer tweeted, “While we were sleeping, Putin won the Italian election.”... "

https://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2018/03/16/authoritarianism-cass-sunstein-rich-barlow

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's not that big of a deal.  Ramsey was going to get a deal regardless and the Bills will then reset the market again with White.  We'll have plenty of cap space to do so. 

Everybody is killing the Rams for this but Phillips's defense needed a shut down corner.  Ramsey is a two time pro bowler who can shut down your #1 WR away and is only 24.  The price was going to be steep.  It's similar to what the Texans gave up for Tunsil.  The Rams now have a core of young players (Goff, Gurley, Donald, Ramsey) to be competitive for at least the next three to four years.  Peters was more of a zone coverage corner who is excellent at reading the quarterback and jumping routes.  The Rams should've gotten more than a 5th round pick for him though.

And here we thought EII went off the rails on this thread. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Look at it this way... When the investigation finds out that Trump broke the law... And lays it out for the people... Will the deplorables on the right accept it?

I mean... We are a nation of laws.  That's Trump ran on, right... Law and order? 

you mean the current travesty being conducted in a star chamber?

thank goodness it's not the way things work in this great country. and just to help you along here, investigations do not find anyone guilty of anything. 

will you accept a verdict that the trial in Senate hands down, if there is even a trial?

@Azalin nailed you to a T. you're a ***** snowflake and nothing you do will ever change that.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I never did that.  Maybe in your mind you thought it.  Of course it existed... But not to this extent. We don't live in a vacuum.  Stop being obtuse.

I'll type slower for you. Now that you acknowledge that it is not businessmen (how sexist of you) that bring that to Washington, but that it has always been there, I asked you to prove it was worse now than before Trump. You continue to run away from it because you know that you are just making ***** up to fit your TDS. You were incoherent before, but you have taken it to a whole new level. 

{Now waiting for the usual "I know you are but what am I" level of retort we expect from EII}

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, KRC said:

I'll type slower for you. Now that you acknowledge that it is not businessmen (how sexist of you) that bring that to Washington, but that it has always been there, I asked you to prove it was worse now than before Trump. You continue to run away from it because you know that you are just making ***** up to fit your TDS. You were incoherent before, but you have taken it to a whole new level. 

{Now waiting for the usual "I know you are but what am I" level of retort we expect from EII}

So you are saying "oh, everyone is doing it?" 

When did Obama or anyone extort a foreign leader to manufacture dirt on a Republican? 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you are saying "oh, everyone is doing it?" 

When did Obama or anyone extort a foreign leader to manufacture dirt on a Republican? 

Tibs

Please copy and paste the line in the phone call transcript where Trump mentions withholding foreign aid unless the Ukraine digs up dirt on Biden. I haven’t been able to find that line.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Tibs

Please copy and paste the line in the phone call transcript where Trump mentions withholding foreign aid unless the Ukraine digs up dirt on Biden. I haven’t been able to find that line.

"I need a favor, though. "

Then the entire Ukraine policy was hijacked, we have witnesses, A whistleblower, documents put on secret servers that were not secret, aide withheld, etc. guilty 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Look at it this way... When the investigation finds out that Trump broke the law... And lays it out for the people... Will the deplorables on the right accept it?

I mean... We are a nation of laws.  That's Trump ran on, right... Law and order? 

the difference between normal, rational people and the cultist left is that normal, rational people will not defend Trump or anyone should it be proven that they have broken laws.  Normal, rational people also have the capacity to think for themselves and make judgements based on facts and evidence, and separate those things from what is being shoved down their throat by people and organizations with obvious agendas. 

case in point, anyone who read the transcript of the conversation would see that there was nothing untoward about it. At worst, he should have seen that his opponents could have twisted the discussion using their Pravda allies. But campaigning on draining the swamp and then trying to find out if the second highest elected office holder was using his position to enrich his family is exactly what he promised he would do and why people elected him. 

yet, the lemmings in the left cult only believe what they are told by proven liars in Congress and empty suits and mouthpieces on TV. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dubs said:

the difference between normal, rational people and the cultist left is that normal, rational people will not defend Trump or anyone should it be proven that they have broken laws.  Normal, rational people also have the capacity to think for themselves and make judgements based on facts and evidence, and separate those things from what is being shoved down their throat by people and organizations with obvious agendas. 

case in point, anyone who read the transcript of the conversation would see that there was nothing untoward about it. At worst, he should have seen that his opponents could have twisted the discussion using their Pravda allies. But campaigning on draining the swamp and then trying to find out if the second highest elected office holder was using his position to enrich his family is exactly what he promised he would do and why people elected him. 

yet, the lemmings in the left cult only believe what they are told by proven liars in Congress and empty suits and mouthpieces on TV. 

"I need a favor though"

Thats it. Combine that with the other evidence and he is obviously guilty 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

"I need a favor though"

Thats it. Combine that with the other evidence and he is obviously guilty 

“I would like you to do us a favor though, because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it”. Then he goes on to talk about the DNC servers and Crowdstrike. 

see how easy it is to actually read and quote the exact line. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 1