Reviewing the Bills and the State of the AFC - Week Six

LeGOATski

Which AFC teams are better than the Bills right now?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFC teams are better than the Bills right now?

• Pats
    • Texans
    • Chiefs
    • Ravens
    • Colts
    • Raiders
    • Titans
    • Chargers
    • Broncos
    • Steelers
    • Jaguars
    • Browns
    • Jets

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not needed. I also didn't include the Bungles or Fish for obvious reasons.

The Jets are an interesting dilemma. They look much better with Darnold and Thomas starting to sync up.

The Jets are in no way, shape or form an interesting dilemma.

• Haha (+1) 1

Until they can prove they can score points on a consistent basis I won't feel good about them heading into the games against the Eagles, Browns, Ravens, or Patriots.   I don't know how we can call any game a lock until the offense steps up.   I think the national media is rating them too high based on their record.   The next three games will be a huge litmus test for the team.   If they are a good team they should handle Miami and Washington easily, and be very competitive against the Eagles.   If they are the same ole Bills they will need 4 quarters against the Dolphins and Skins, and lose to Philly.

I am in a serious wait and see mode with them. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

There's this daily sports talk show hosted by a little-known former ESPN anchor (something called "Sportscenter" in the 90's, not really familiar), where Tony Dungy just said about 15 minutes ago that he "Hates to say it, but perhaps Buffalo is the 2nd best team in the AFC currently."

@ROCBillsBeliever

Why does he HATE to say it ? 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Im not saying they are unbeatable.  Their point differential is 142 points...through six games.  

Half of that came against the Steelers and Dolphins weeks 1 & 2.

The Bills are the only good team they've faced. 

I think we'll finally start seeing their point diff slide over the next few weeks.

19 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Until they can prove they can score points on a consistent basis I won't feel good about them heading into the games against the Eagles, Browns, Ravens, or Patriots.   I don't know how we can call any game a lock until the offense steps up.   I think the national media is rating them too high based on their record.   The next three games will be a huge litmus test for the team.   If they are a good team they should handle Miami and Washington easily, and be very competitive against the Eagles.   If they are the same ole Bills they will need 4 quarters against the Dolphins and Skins, and lose to Philly.

I am in a serious wait and see mode with them. 

I think most Bills fans are in the same boat.

Many posted similar sentiments before the Titans game.

It's all on Josh Allen. If he plays smart and protects the football, the rest will take care of itself. They know how to score when the get in the red zone. They just have to stop turning the ball over in their way there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

There's this daily sports talk show hosted by a little-known former ESPN anchor (something called "Sportscenter" in the 90's, not really familiar), where Tony Dungy just said about 15 minutes ago that he "Hates to say it, but perhaps Buffalo is the 2nd best team in the AFC currently."

@ROCBillsBeliever

@Seasons1992

I know I'm sarcastic about the media hate for the Bills, but that's what 30 years of fandom, and 20 years of the national media belittling your team will do to you ?‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

I know we can beat the Pats, and I have hopes that the week 16 game will mean a lot.

I'm pretty sure we can beat the Texans, but we will need to be very good on both sides of the ball.

As long as we can run the ball effectively, we beat the Chiefs.  It's been done a couple times now.

The Ravens scare me for some unknown reason.  I can't figure out whether their defense is any good.  Their offense is good.

As long as we can stop the run, we can beat the Colts.  Their line is great, but Brissett isn't.

The Bills can have a bad day on one side of the ball against NONE of these teams.

Raiders, too early to tell.

Chargers, too early to tell.

To me, nobody else is worth mentioning.

There's going to be a game when the defense takes a dump on the field and the offense will need to bail them out.  If the offense comes through when needed (which won't be frequent), then there's no stopping this team.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, snafu said:

I know we can beat the Pats, and I have hopes that the week 16 game will mean a lot.

I'm pretty sure we can beat the Texans, but we will need to be very good on both sides of the ball.

As long as we can run the ball effectively, we beat the Chiefs.  It's been done a couple times now.

The Ravens scare me for some unknown reason.  I can't figure out whether their defense is any good.  Their offense is good.

As long as we can stop the run, we can beat the Colts.  Their line is great, but Brissett isn't.

The Bills can have a bad day on one side of the ball against NONE of these teams.

Raiders, too early to tell.

Chargers, too early to tell.

To me, nobody else is worth mentioning.

There's going to be a game when the defense takes a dump on the field and the offense will need to bail them out.  If the offense comes through when needed (which won't be frequent), then there's no stopping this team.

The Ravens are good, but I think the Bills could control the ball against them and contain Jackson. Their defense is just okay. It's a tough matchup.

I don't have much faith in Jackson at this point. He's still learning, just like Josh. Heat gonna have a tough time with the Seahawks and Pats in the next two games.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't worry about that stuff.

A lot can happen between now and the end of the season.

I take it week by week and I only see what the Bills can control one week at a time.

For now, the Bills can only control beating Miami and that is all I am worried about.

For example, the Bills could beat Miami but come out of the game with a ton of injuries. So, where would that leave them then for the rest of the season?

Can't predict outside the box circumstances the can derail any teams season.

Edited by njbuff