The jets wil beat the *pats

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s been out all this time?

Groin muscle pulls hurt enough.  I had one as a kid and I couldn't walk straight for over a week.  

Groin muscle tears ... I couldn't even imagine

Obviously different but its a kin to a "high ankle sprain"  they take forever to heal if you continue to try to practice and play injured

Sam Darnold says Jets can be 'unstoppable as an offense' once Chris Herndon returns

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27867225/sam-darnold-says-jets-unstoppable-offense-once-chris-herndon-returns

"Right now, we're just missing Chris [Herndon]. Once all the guys are back together, I think we're unstoppable as an offense -- or we can be," he said, referencing the injured tight end.

"It's just up to us and how we execute. It's really up to us how many points we score, I think. I think we're capable of so many points. With our offensive line, too, the way they played last game, with the way we've been running the ball and the way they've been protecting, sky's the limit for us."

...uh oh....sounds like our WC shot could be "out the window".................

Sam Darnold: Offense can be unstoppable once everyone’s back

Posted by Josh Alper on October 17, 2019, 4:42 PM EDT

The Jets offense was as unsightly as an offense could be during quarterback Sam Darnold‘s three-game absence from the lineup, but they were much better against the Cowboys when Darnold returned to action in a Week Six win.

Darnold thinks the arrow is pointing straight up for the unit from here. He shared his bullish opinion about where things are headed this season once the team gets tight end Chris Herndon back from the hamstring injury that’s further delayed his 2019 debut after a four-game suspension.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/sam-darnold-offense-can-be-unstoppable-once-everyones-back/

• Haha (+1) 1

I think this game will catch a lot of people by surprise. Vegas line is Jets +10. I see it much closer. Darnold back is huge as we saw last week. Mosely back this week will also be big for the Jets. I almost never root for the Jets and that typically includes games against the Patriots. BUT, since the Jets would have to climb out of a 0-4 hole just to compete for a wild card or the division crown, I feel comfortable with them winning their second straight if it means knocking off the Pats. Pats have a great defense but their offense is suspect. If Darnold can play mistake free football I can see them keeping it close enough to pull out a W. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...uh oh....sounds like our WC shot could be "out the window".................

Sam Darnold: Offense can be unstoppable once everyone’s back

Posted by Josh Alper on October 17, 2019, 4:42 PM EDT

The Jets offense was as unsightly as an offense could be during quarterback Sam Darnold‘s three-game absence from the lineup, but they were much better against the Cowboys when Darnold returned to action in a Week Six win.

Darnold thinks the arrow is pointing straight up for the unit from here. He shared his bullish opinion about where things are headed this season once the team gets tight end Chris Herndon back from the hamstring injury that’s further delayed his 2019 debut after a four-game suspension.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/sam-darnold-offense-can-be-unstoppable-once-everyones-back/

I have to say my opinion of Sam Darnold as a person is trending down with this.  Your offense is unstoppable?  Prove it, Darnold.  Until then, Shaddup.

You looked good against a Cowboys team that was being puffed up because for some reason, whenever the 'Boys look OK the media is all over them.  You hung 326 pass yards on them, Good Job!  They gave up 323 pass yards to the Ghost of Eli Manning and Robin week 1.  They let the Bree-less Saints march by them, and beat the 'Fins, Skins and Giants.  They may improve, but they're probably not as good as their ranking indicates. 

Then there's this.  The published information was "Darnold had received a diagnosis of strep throat Tuesday night, but further tests (Weds or Thurs) revealed he had mono."
Now Darnold says "he was not 100% for the season opener, when the Jets fell to the Buffalo Bills at home, 17-16. Darnold threw for just 175 yards and one touchdown, and said that he had a bad night's sleep and had cold sweats as well. According to him, he was about 80-85% healthy."  You Lost, Darnold. You lost a game which your buddy Josh Allen tried to gift wrap and hand it to you with 2 INTs and 2 fumbles and you had a 4 minute advantage in TOP.  Frankly, that smacks of making excuses and also, seems to dis off your opponent who, give credit where due, pulled his head from his butt and played well in the 4Q.  It sounds small of you.  Bills D is #4 in the league on points despite their O damn near leading the league in turnovers per game.  Until you prove otherwise, they stopped you.

You may be a good QB and a nice guy, but Get over Yourself, Samuel Richard.  Pride goeth.   I'm certain I speak for your momma in this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have to say my opinion of Sam Darnold as a person is trending down with this.  Your offense is unstoppable?  Prove it, Darnold.  Until then, Shaddup.

You looked good against a Cowboys team that was being puffed up because for some reason, whenever the 'Boys look OK the media is all over them.  You hung 326 pass yards on them, Good Job!  They gave up 323 pass yards to the Ghost of Eli Manning and Robin week 1.  They let the Bree-less Saints march by them, and beat the 'Fins, Skins and Giants.  They may improve, but they're probably not as good as their ranking indicates. 

Then there's this.  The published information was "Darnold had received a diagnosis of strep throat Tuesday night, but further tests (Weds or Thurs) revealed he had mono."
Now Darnold says "he was not 100% for the season opener, when the Jets fell to the Buffalo Bills at home, 17-16. Darnold threw for just 175 yards and one touchdown, and said that he had a bad night's sleep and had cold sweats as well. According to him, he was about 80-85% healthy."  You Lost, Darnold. You lost a game which your buddy Josh Allen tried to gift wrap and hand it to you with 2 INTs and 2 fumbles and you had a 4 minute advantage in TOP.  Frankly, that smacks of making excuses and also, seems to dis off your opponent who, give credit where due, pulled his head from his butt and played well in the 4Q.  It sounds small of you.  Bills D is #4 in the league on points despite their O damn near leading the league in turnovers per game.  Until you prove otherwise, they stopped you.

You may be a good QB and a nice guy, but Get over Yourself, Samuel Richard.  Pride goeth.   I'm certain I speak for your momma in this.

...sure as hell like our guy's humility, mindfulness, respect for the game as well as a tremendous work ethic.....good assessment Hap....hope Sam tips his hi-chair over...SMH....

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:35 AM, Utah John said:

The Jets D is good.  The Pats D is much better.

The Jets O might be somewhat better than the Pats, which keeps going I guess out of force of habit.  Brady's arm is not getting it done most of the time, they have no WRs or TEs, they have good RBs and a good O line.  Mostly they have Brady's eyes and brain which are enough.

The Jets always play the Pats tough.  It's possible they could win.  

But at the end of the day, Gase.

Better at what?

Not sure if this has been posted, but ...

Demaryius Thomas is not happy with the Pats. They released him, but told him they'd bring him back. So, he stayed available instead of going to another team in FA. The Pats brought him back and then traded him for a draft pick.

It's a good example of the kind of personnel advantage great teams can have over bad teams.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jets-demaryius-thomas-wasting-time-patriots

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I think this game will catch a lot of people by surprise. Vegas line is Jets +10. I see it much closer. Darnold back is huge as we saw last week. Mosely back this week will also be big for the Jets. I almost never root for the Jets and that typically includes games against the Patriots. BUT, since the Jets would have to climb out of a 0-4 hole just to compete for a wild card or the division crown, I feel comfortable with them winning their second straight if it means knocking off the Pats. Pats have a great defense but their offense is suspect. If Darnold can play mistake free football I can see them keeping it close enough to pull out a W. 

Patriots will win.by 3 scores

On 10/15/2019 at 6:03 AM, Protocal69 said:

Jets are going on a run this year but it won’t be against the Pats. Darnold won’t be able to overcome Gase lack of play calling ability, but most importantly Jets won’t be able to stop New England. If the Jets only put up 8 pts at home vs the Bills they def not putting up more than 17 against the Pats
The Jets are a high pressure team and the last thing you don’t want to do is blitz Tom Brady at a high rate. Brady is going to pick apart the Jets.

Stat to know: In his past three games, Brady has been pressured 24% of the time, which is up from 15% in his first three games. When pressured this season, he is completing just 24% of his passes (third worst in the NFL), is averaging only 2.5 yards per attempt and has two interceptions. The Jets blitz on 38% of opponent QB dropbacks, which is the fourth-highest rate in the NFL.https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27860778/week-7-nfl-game-picks-schedule-guide-fantasy-football-tips-more#nenyj

Times, they maybe a changin’....nah, probably not....

1 minute ago, iinii said:

Stat to know: In his past three games, Brady has been pressured 24% of the time, which is up from 15% in his first three games. When pressured this season, he is completing just 24% of his passes (third worst in the NFL), is averaging only 2.5 yards per attempt and has two interceptions. The Jets blitz on 38% of opponent QB dropbacks, which is the fourth-highest rate in the NFL.https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27860778/week-7-nfl-game-picks-schedule-guide-fantasy-football-tips-more#nenyj

never give up.    
sooner or later Cinderfella will fall

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, iinii said:

Doesn't Brady feast on the blitz due to his ability to get the ball out quick?     To get to him ,  teams need to be able to apply pressure via their front 3 or 4.  

From Next Gen Stats at the end of last season:   

The @Patriots are 15-1 when opponents blitz more than 30% of dropbacks since 2016. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Doesn't Brady feast on the blitz due to his ability to get the ball out quick?     To get to him ,  teams need to be able to apply pressure via their front 3 or 4.  

From Next Gen Stats at the end of last season:   

The @Patriots are 15-1 when opponents blitz more than 30% of dropbacks since 2016. 

That has definitely been the narrative but while 3 games isn’t quite the same sampling as 3 years could we dare dream: a new trend is developing? 

• Like (+1) 1