The jets wil beat the *pats

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

The Jets are NOT the same team without Darnold. 

New England had it easy against them the first time, it won't be easy the second time around. 

Im taking a Jets "upset" in that one. 

The Pats are OVERRATED and barely got by the Giants with multiple starters out of the game, a rookie Qb, and defense no where near as good as the Jets. 

Jets 20-17

WHAT? That's about as ridiculous a statement as I've heard in a while. The Jets have a formidable front 4 but desperately lack on the back 7. With the exception of Moseley and Adams they're not very good and have been torched regularly.  They are a better team with Darnold but not enough to overcome the hole they've dug. Remember, if not for some unfortunate miscues by the Bills that were not entirely on Josh he had no problem at all moving the ball against them. 

If Mosley and Williams are healthy I give them a punchers chance. But the thing is I trust Brady to win a game late more than I trust Darnold. I do think that the Jets had Darnold been healthy would have at least one more win. They aren't as bad as their record indicates but they have issues beyond Darnold and some other injuries. 

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

The Jets are completely different team now.  Darnold is a good QB and the Jets as a whole will play better because he is in there.  It is hard to get up when you are winless and Luke Faulk is your starting QB.  Going from a terrible QB to good/potentially great QB does wonders for a team psyche.  Also the Jets are going to play their best game of the season on Monday night.  They are at home with the Pats coming in, the Jets and their fans are going to be amped and that will be a tough game for the Pats.  

Then the Pats play the Browns who they should beat, but the Browns are coming off a bye and are 2-4.  If they lost that game their season is over.  They also are likely going to play their best game of the season.  The coaching advantage is probably enough to make all the difference the Pats need but with an extra week I could see the browns actually coming up with a decent game plan.  Also I think Garrett and Chubb will tough for the Pats to handle.  

The Patriots then go to the Ravens.  The Ravens always play the Pats tough and imo, John Harbaugh is the 2nd best coach in the league.  Lamar Jackson's speed can be an x-factor for any defense and the Ravens can run the ball as good as anyone.  I think the Ravens win this game.

Then they go to the Eagles and say what you will about the Eagles, they have their problems but they can put up points.   The also are in the NFC and will be fighting for their playoffs lives with every game.  The Pats will have a tough game on the road their.

Then they get Dallas at home.  Should be a win but Dallas is more capable than most teams of pulling that one out.

Then they go to Houston.  If those two teams played this week, I would put my money on Houston.

Then they host the Chiefs.  I know the Chiefs have struggled the last couple games but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win every game until New England.  This game is a coin flip.

Then the Pats host the Bills in week 16, which is an obvious loss for the Pats.

I have to say, I like the way you think!

I believe that to beat the Pats***, a team needs more than really wanting the win, being up against the wall playing for their season, or "bright lights Monday nite".  That might work for a couple teams, but is not likely to work for all 8 of the teams you list.

I think the Ravens, Houston, Chiefs and Bills have the talent to beat the Pats*** on a good day, but while it pains me to say it, they do need a good day.  Since the Chiefs don't have much D, they need a great game plan and they need Mahomes and all his toys to be clicking away like Toy Story.  So far Belicheck**** pwns Andy Reid's soul but Reid has managed to redeem it from the pwn-shop on a few occasions.  McDermott and Daboll need to take a step as coaches to show they can beat the Evil One****.   It may be necessary for Daboll to take off those 5 rings or whatever number he got with NE, make a pilgrammage to Mount Doom, and drop 'em in to melt down to stop the influence.

I don't think the Jets or Dallas have the defense to stop the Pats***, but I guess we'll see 1 of the 2 next Monday.   The Jets have a great DL but their secondary not so much.  Brady*** licks his chops for that.  People talk about beating Brady with pressure, but that's only have the recipe.  You have to pressure him, AND shut down his money throws over the middle.

I don't believe Freddy Kitchens can outcoach the Evil Hoody**** with two weeks, a magic abacus, and a live video feed into Ernie Adams cranium.

What's the Pats record on MNF?  I don't know, I'm curious.

I'll have what he's having.

But seriously, I agree that the Jets are probably better than their record might suggest (as evidenced by their beating the Cowboys) and the pats* are probably not as good as their record would indicate, but NE is still the better team.

I think the Pats* win this game easily. Some on this thread seem to be anointing Darnold as arrived. He flashed a good game against the Cowboys.  But he will more likely revert to the 2nd year young QB he is against that D. I’m all for a Jets win but I don’t see it as likely.  

7 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

The Jets are NOT the same team without Darnold. 

New England had it easy against them the first time, it won't be easy the second time around. 

Im taking a Jets "upset" in that one. 

The Pats are OVERRATED and barely got by the Giants with multiple starters out of the game, a rookie Qb, and defense no where near as good as the Jets. 

Jets 20-17

Funny

5 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Patriots defense and special teams scores a lot. Their offense does not average 31 PPG

NE offense vs the 30th ranked defense at home scored 21 last game. Defense and special teams tacked on 14.

The most predictable thing in the world is everyone being shocked when NE drops a few. They haven't played a decent offense yet, including ours I'm sorry to say

Every week they get backup or 3rd string QBs or totally decimated offenses or both

NE Giants game was 21-14 late. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets beat them. 

Dont matter the eye test shows you how good they are along with the 4.5ppg allowed by the defense.

So i guess your saying your own teams offense is trash then? 

You can try to discredit them all you want, but as KVN says they feel disrespected and hey let them keep feeling disrespected. 

And outside of that td by tate the giants didnt do anything. The game wasnt as close as you would think. And im sure the 40mph gusts played a factor in bradys game.  

Jets chances of winning are equal to.miami beating buffalo 

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Patriots defense and special teams scores a lot. Their offense does not average 31 PPG

NE offense vs the 30th ranked defense at home scored 21 last game. Defense and special teams tacked on 14.

The most predictable thing in the world is everyone being shocked when NE drops a few. They haven't played a decent offense yet, including ours I'm sorry to say

Every week they get backup or 3rd string QBs or totally decimated offenses or both

NE Giants game was 21-14 late. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets beat them. 

I would love to see it, but NE just does not make that many mistakes, and Darth Hoodie can throw a lot at rookie QBs that is hard to process.

Still, any given Sunday