The jets wil beat the *pats

58 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

The Jets are NOT the same team without Darnold. 

New England had it easy against them the first time, it won't be easy the second time around. 

Im taking a Jets "upset" in that one. 

The Pats are OVERRATED and barely got by the Giants with multiple starters out of the game, a rookie Qb, and defense no where near as good as the Jets. 

Jets 20-17

Look! Somebody who actually watches the games and not just the Bills game!

Darnold was on fire last week and looked better than any game Josh has had so far this year, just being honest. Paired with their defense getting Mosely back, there is a chance. So many people calling for a blowout are not paying attention, bunch of box score experts. I think it's a one score game either way. 

• Like (+1) 1

Where are all of these undercover Jets fans coming from? [] As for the game, I expect the Pats defense to keep them on the winning side of things. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language

Source: Jets guard Kelechi Osemele done for season

New York Jets guard Kelechi Osemele, one of the team's key offseason acquisitions, is having season-ending shoulder surgery, a source confirmed Tuesday.

Osemele, 30, whom the Jets acquired in a March trade with the Oakland Raiders, was injured in a full-pads practice during the run-up to their Week 5 game against the Philadelphia Eagles. Coach Adam Gase noted at the time that the injury was potentially serious.

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Source: Jets guard Kelechi Osemele done for season

New York Jets guard Kelechi Osemele, one of the team's key offseason acquisitions, is having season-ending shoulder surgery, a source confirmed Tuesday.

Osemele, 30, whom the Jets acquired in a March trade with the Oakland Raiders, was injured in a full-pads practice during the run-up to their Week 5 game against the Philadelphia Eagles. Coach Adam Gase noted at the time that the injury was potentially serious.

He hasn't played in the last couple of games and they were saying he might not get his job back if he did get healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

Fairly easily at that.  Darnold is the real deal and there is a good amount of talent on that roster.  They are about to go on a fairly big run and it will start with the “upset” over brady as father time tightens it’s grip on the least physically gifted qb in the league.  Mark my words.  The *pats have been winning in spite of brady but playtimes over. 

let us know how much $$$$ you are putting behind this for the Jets to win straight up.

i'm sure you could rustle up $10,000 easily against you on this board alone.

Edited by row_33

42 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Look! Somebody who actually watches the games and not just the Bills game!

Darnold was on fire last week and looked better than any game Josh has had so far this year, just being honest. Paired with their defense getting Mosely back, there is a chance. So many people calling for a blowout are not paying attention, bunch of box score experts. I think it's a one score game either way. 

:flirt:

Darnold stats vs Cowboys: 23-32 71.9% completion 2 TD 1 INT, 338 yds passing, 2 rushs for 1 yd

Allen stats vs Titans: 23-32 71.9% completion 2 TD 1 INT, 219 yds passing, 10 rushes for 27 yds

Kind of seems like you might be hanging that "looked better than any game Josh has had so far this year" on a couple of deep completions, chiefly a ~42 air yard, 92 total yard pass TD play to Robby Anderson.  It was a very nice play: gutsy call, good protection, good pocket movement by Darnold, great throw. 

But it's one play.  I'm not sure one play is so much "looked better"

As a football fan (not a Jets enemy) I'm actually more impressed that the Jets D stuffed Elliot and the Cowboys on 4 plays from 1st and 10 at the 15.

34 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

No, but the Jets are not the Dolphins/Redskins-level doormat people were assuming they were last week.

I'm not sure who those people are?  I'm sure you're correct that there are some here.

When folks here have said the Bills beat 4 bad teams and included the Jets, I have consistently pointed out that the Jets are not the same team without Darnold as with him.

• Like (+1) 2

Winning in spite of Brady? Don't think so. Yeah, he hasn't had a great season so far, but I would hardly say they are winning in spite of him.

Cowboys defense is no where near as good as the Pats*. Jets will not be able to move the ball like that next week.I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets held to 10 points or less.

Saying this, I hope the Jets do win.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

"In spite of Brady"....who has is 10/3 TD to INT, 1,743 yards passing, 97.5 rating and an offense averaging 31.7 points per game.  

Anybody who can’t see the sharp decline in Brady yet will see it over the next few games when they start playing decent teams. 10tds mostly on 5 yard passes that get taken 40 yards.  Pay closer attention. 

1 minute ago, Estelle Getty said:

Anybody who can’t see the sharp decline in Brady yet will see it over the next few games when they start playing decent teams. 10tds mostly on 5 yard passes that get taken 40 yards.  Pay closer attention. 

Brady is declining but it doesn't mean he still isn't good.  He's not elite anymore but still good.

LOL...are you sure about that stat?  You're saying that most of Brady's TD's are 40 yarders?

8 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

Brady's yards / attempt this season is 7.6  .   That is actually slightly above his career average which is 7.5 yards/attempt.      Sharp decline indeed.

• Like (+1) 2

Patriots defense and special teams scores a lot. Their offense does not average 31 PPG

NE offense vs the 30th ranked defense at home scored 21 last game. Defense and special teams tacked on 14.

The most predictable thing in the world is everyone being shocked when NE drops a few. They haven't played a decent offense yet, including ours I'm sorry to say

Every week they get backup or 3rd string QBs or totally decimated offenses or both

NE Giants game was 21-14 late. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets beat them. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It would actually make me rather happy for the Jets to beat the Patriots.  But I don't think it will happen and if it does, it won't be "fairly easily".

The Jets can be unpredictable...this could be one of those games where they hang tough and create some breaks.

9 hours ago, Utah John said:

The Jets D is good.  The Pats D is much better.

The Jets O might be somewhat better than the Pats, which keeps going I guess out of force of habit.  Brady's arm is not getting it done most of the time, they have no WRs or TEs, they have good RBs and a good O line.  Mostly they have Brady's eyes and brain which are enough.

The Jets always play the Pats tough.  It's possible they could win.  

But at the end of the day, Gase.

With a healthy Darnold this will be a close game coming down to turnovers and big plays.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who are the 4 or 5 teams who will beat them, and what logic or evidence have you that the Jets will be one of them?

Hopefully more than "Darnold looked good vs the Boys"?

The Jets are completely different team now.  Darnold is a good QB and the Jets as a whole will play better because he is in there.  It is hard to get up when you are winless and Luke Faulk is your starting QB.  Going from a terrible QB to good/potentially great QB does wonders for a team psyche.  Also the Jets are going to play their best game of the season on Monday night.  They are at home with the Pats coming in, the Jets and their fans are going to be amped and that will be a tough game for the Pats.  

Then the Pats play the Browns who they should beat, but the Browns are coming off a bye and are 2-4.  If they lost that game their season is over.  They also are likely going to play their best game of the season.  The coaching advantage is probably enough to make all the difference the Pats need but with an extra week I could see the browns actually coming up with a decent game plan.  Also I think Garrett and Chubb will tough for the Pats to handle.  

The Patriots then go to the Ravens.  The Ravens always play the Pats tough and imo, John Harbaugh is the 2nd best coach in the league.  Lamar Jackson's speed can be an x-factor for any defense and the Ravens can run the ball as good as anyone.  I think the Ravens win this game.

Then they go to the Eagles and say what you will about the Eagles, they have their problems but they can put up points.   The also are in the NFC and will be fighting for their playoffs lives with every game.  The Pats will have a tough game on the road their.

Then they get Dallas at home.  Should be a win but Dallas is more capable than most teams of pulling that one out.

Then they go to Houston.  If those two teams played this week, I would put my money on Houston.

Then they host the Chiefs.  I know the Chiefs have struggled the last couple games but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win every game until New England.  This game is a coin flip.

Then the Pats host the Bills in week 16, which is an obvious loss for the Pats.