Would you be satisfied with Stafford's career for Josh?

PUNT750

Over 11 seasons Matt Stafford  has passed for over 40,000+ yards with a completion percentage at 62.4%.  He's led the Lions to 4 winning seasons and 3 play-off appearances. 

If Josh Allen has similar stats in his career as a Buffalo Bill  what would your expectations be for the team??

Stafford with this defense?? Sign me up babee

Little known fact. With Stafford's numbers and the shut down defense we look like we have. Stafford's actually contribution WILL show up in the WL column. Lions are a tire fire

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 3

Stafford and Dalton are in the same category for me. Stats monsters who aren't winners.

I'd rather have a winner. Allen might have a lot of flaws, but he's a winner. When the chips are down he gets the job done.

• Like (+1) 3

This type of question always brings me back to the time Ladanian Tomlinson was drafted. Bill Polian compared him to Thurman Thomas and Chargers fans were IRATE opining that a Thurman Thomas like (HOF!) career wasn't good enough and that he was much better than TT. This is perhaps the worst example ever, because LT did end up having a better career than Thurman, but it's one that stands out for whatever reason.

With regards to a top 10 QB, people would probably only be satisfied with like 7 or 8 guys. The odds of a drafted QB becoming John Elway/Brett Favre/Tom Brady, etc. are HIGHLY unlikely. So the answer to this question is very simple for me from a practical standpoint. 

It's yes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Satisfied; yeah. No doubt. The guy has been a very, very good QB on bad to average football teams with poor coaching. I'd be more than satisfied.

He's been above average. Only 1 pro bowl. He's a solid QB, but I wouldn't go as far to say he's been "very, very good".

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Easiest answer to this question is has Stafford won a Super Bowl? Because the answer to that question is the same.

No, Stafford has never won a Super Bowl. But neither has Tom Brady. Brady has been on a Super Bowl-winning team. But he didn't win a Super Bowl. That was the entire roster of the New England Patriots and the coaching staff besides.

Wins are a team stat. All a QB can do is play QB at a very high level. He can't control how well the defense plays or how often the kicker misses FGs in crucial situations. Or much of anything else.

Having said all that, I'm not sure if I'd accept a Stafford-like career. I haven't really watched enough of him consistently to know him well enough. My feeling is that if I really did the research I'd probably say yes. But I can't be bothered to put in the work. Too hypothetical. From what I have seen he's been a top ten guy most years, and if that's so, then yeah, I'd be happy. Not sure if my perception is true, though.

• Like (+1) 1