NE will actually serve a purpose for us going forward!

5 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

If the patriots start to trip up, this season could go over the top with excitement.  We could be talking about home field throughout.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. That is one mighty big IF. Would love to see it happen but don't count on it. Especially when Kraft/Bellicheat/Brady have the zebra stripes in their pocket tossing them off any chance they get.

I'm all in on seeing the following standings after this weekend. Let the Bills stay within 1 game of the Pats and 3 ahead of the Jets. If the Jets lose to the Pats they still have a team good enough to play spoiler for the rest of the season. I'd rather keep the Pats within striking distance. 

Pats 6-1 

Bills 5-1 

Jets 2-4 

16 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

The evil empire plays:

Jets

Browns 

Ravens

Texans

Plus KC and Dallas mixed in

NE is going to at a minimum serve a useful purpose for a change.

If they lose, great! If they win it buries these AFC teams further, helping us. Especially the Browns and Jets 

Tons of no-lose scenarios coming up for the Bills!

And if NE loses a few the division becomes a possibility.

Exciting times coming up

Brady averages something like 12 or 13 wins per season over the course of his career. The formula for generating the schedule hasn't really changed in that era. We always share 14 common games a year with them (6 Divisional, 4 AFC Conference, 4 NFC Conference) The Pats winning more games have not helped the Bills over the last 20 years, and this year isn't special in any way what so ever. 

Sorry for peeing in your corn flakes. I guess I am the fun police now...

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Sorry for peeing in your corn flakes. I guess I am the fun police now...

LOL!! Nothing like urine flavored corn flakes in the morning.But you're right, it's not the schedule that matters. It's if they win or lose.

3 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

LOL!! Nothing like urine flavored corn flakes in the morning.But you're right, it's not the schedule that matters. It's if they win or lose.

It is almost always better for the Pats to lose and the Bills to win. 

(Unless it is down the stretch and for some weird tie breaker to earn a playoff spot)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

THIS.

The days of me rooting for the Pats* to win out, just to help the Bills get a wild card berth are over.  I want the Pats to lose every effin' week and I want the Bills to take over the AFC East.

I don't want their help either, I appreciate them thinking of us, very nice of them, but no thank you!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

The evil empire plays:

Jets

Browns 

Ravens

Texans

Plus KC and Dallas mixed in

NE is going to at a minimum serve a useful purpose for a change.

If they lose, great! If they win it buries these AFC teams further, helping us. Especially the Browns and Jets 

Tons of no-lose scenarios coming up for the Bills!

And if NE loses a few the division becomes a possibility.

Exciting times coming up

I understand what you are saying and echo it.  Bills need to keep winning and let the other teams beat each other up.

The division is still open.

17 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

Yeah thats cool but how about the bills just win there games against the teams you mentioned. If we finsh 13-3 there is no way we miss the playoffs.

I'd like that better then relying on anybody let alone the pats to help us.

I don't think the OP meant it the way you think he did.

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

WC for the Bills with the second best record in the AFC would absolutely not suck. Sounds like a damn good season to me and a chance to make serious noise in the playoffs. 

Going 12-4 and traveling for a road playoff game against the 9-7 Ravens would suck IMO.  Regardless, future is bright, and hopefully we can best NE in Foxboro week 16.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:52 PM, PIZ said:

It would be EPIC if the Bills dethroned the Patriots in the AFC Championship.

The alternative is the Bills lose that game and the Pats are the 2nd team to go to 4 straight......but they have won two of them.....so basically the Bills have to win that game

it's not about "wanting their help" so much as recognizing that for the Bills, there are quite a few "no lose" games coming up for the evil empire.

Either the evil empire wins and buries a potential Wild Card contender further, OR they lose a few and open up the division. It starts with the Jets next week.

Crazy? The Jets only have 4 losses. Their schedule softens up soon. I could easily see them getting to 9-7. the NE game is huge for them (and us). A NE win probably buries the Jets. 

Jets (1-4)

NE

JAX

MIA

NYG

WAS

OAK

CIN

MIA

BAL

PIT

BUF

Then we get to Cleveland (2-4). Their next game is against the evil empire. A loss against NE likely buries CLE as well. But they will be desperate, so who knows. I could still easily see them winning 7 more, making them also 9-7. A win against NE puts the Browns right back in the conversation at 3-4, with all of those seemingly winnable games coming up for them. 

NE

DEN

BUF

PIT

MIA

PIT

CIN

AZ

BAL

CIN

Then there is the evil empire themselves. Here is their remaining schedule:

Currently 6-0

NYJ

CLE

BAL

PHI

DAL

HOU

KC

CIN

BUF

MIA

They are actually going to play some more real teams soon. the Luke Falk/ Colt McCoy portion of their schedule is pretty much done.

Yes, I know. Their defense is better than the 85 Bears! Greatest of all time. Historic, in fact. LOL

Look, they are good; they are NE. But they are going to lose a few games coming up. Brady is not anywhere near the same, and that defense is vastly overrated because of who they have played. It's just the order of the schedule. 

On 10/14/2019 at 11:05 PM, Augie said:

I’m not a fire-table-jumper-type. Have a little class, but if Tommy sheds a tear that’s OK with me. 

I don’t jump on tables and I have class too.  I think you misunderstood.

I want to beat the Pats** in NE and our fans rush their field and tear down their goal posts.  And, then Brady cry.

However, if that is lacking class then I guess I am lacking class too.

1 minute ago, Manther said:

I don’t jump on tables and I have class too.  I think you misunderstood.

I want to beat the Pats** in NE and our fans rush their field and tear down their goal posts.  And, then Brady cry.

However, if that is lacking class then I guess I am lacking class too.

As long as Tommy sheds a tear, it’s all good! 

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:12 AM, Gugny said:

THIS.

The days of me rooting for the Pats* to win out, just to help the Bills get a wild card berth are over.  I want the Pats to lose every effin' week and I want the Bills to take over the AFC East.

HELLYA!!! We are ready for a new AFC East leader!

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

HELLYA!!! We are ready for a new AFC East leader!

oh believe me,  a NE loss is a close second to a Bills win for me. For a while there in the drought I actually think I cared more about NE losing than us winning. 

So NE losing all or many of their tough games is great, and also helps the Bills as it opens up the division AND puts them in peril in terms of tie breakers.