NE will actually serve a purpose for us going forward!

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Sure. For this coming game I am.??

Darnold is the difference for that football team. Guys is a stud QB. They are night and day football team with him in the line up vs without him.

There was a rumour last week that Gase had basically put his playbook on the shelf with Falk had decided to suck it up and said they were going to show nothing until he had Darnold back. If that rumour is true (and I haven't watched that game back fully yet from Sunday so won't have a view as to whether it might be until after I have watched) then it is very smart coaching and smarter coaching than I would expect from Gase. 

I don't think the Jets are a genuine playoff contender at this point after starting 0-4 but it would not surprise me that much if they are a game either side of .500 come the end of the year. After New England they play:

@ Jags

@ Dolphins

Giants

@ Redskins

Raiders

@ Bengals

Dolphins

I expect them to win at least 5 of those games. They end tougher with the Ravens, Steelers and then the Bills, but the Jets are not bottom dwellers with Darnold at QB. That is why our win there week 1 was so important. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There was a rumour last week that Gase had basically put his playbook on the shelf with Falk had decided to suck it up and said they were going to show nothing until he had Darnold back. If that rumour is true (and I haven't watched that game back fully yet from Sunday so won't have a view as to whether it might be until after I have watched) then it is very smart coaching and smarter coaching than I would expect from Gase. 

I don't think the Jets are a genuine playoff contender at this point after starting 0-4 but it would not surprise me that much if they are a game either side of .500 come the end of the year. After New England they play:

@ Jags

@ Dolphins

Giants

@ Redskins

Raiders

@ Bengals

Dolphins

I expect them to win at least 5 of those games. They end tougher with the Ravens, Steelers and then the Bills, but the Jets are not bottom dwellers with Darnold at QB. That is why our win there week 1 was so important. 

I would much rather the Pats*** take care of business against the Jets this week -- I don't want the Jets suddenly feeling as though they have a chance at the playoffs because motivation is a powerful thing and as you've noted the schedule opens up for them.

Also, I'm not ready to crown the Jets just yet because of one good half of football.  They let Dallas back in the game and had to hold on for dear life.

30 minutes ago, eball said:

I would much rather the Pats*** take care of business against the Jets this week -- I don't want the Jets suddenly feeling as though they have a chance at the playoffs because motivation is a powerful thing and as you've noted the schedule opens up for them.

Also, I'm not ready to crown the Jets just yet because of one good half of football.  They let Dallas back in the game and had to hold on for dear life.

I would rather the Patriots beat them too. I am still of the view that the Pats will win the East and we are looking at a best case of the 5th seed. I am very confident we can land the 5th seed but agree don't want an energised Jets team getting on a roll. It is why that week 1 win was so big. Imagine a 2-3 Jets team now chasing a 3-2 Bills team and with that run of 7 games about to hit..... we would be in a genuine battle with them for a spot in that scenario. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Rather the jets help us out with the division title and pull one out this week 

THIS.

The days of me rooting for the Pats* to win out, just to help the Bills get a wild card berth are over.  I want the Pats to lose every effin' week and I want the Bills to take over the AFC East.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

THIS.

The days of me rooting for the Pats* to win out, just to help the Bills get a wild card berth are over.  I want the Pats to lose every effin' week and I want the Bills to take over the AFC East.

IT'S ABOUT :censored: TIME  you got your head straight!!!    (out of your ... ) 

lol 

So the Jets barely beat a struggling (especially with OLine injuries) Cowboys team and now we are supposed to be concerned about them as a wild card competitor?  Come on now.  Can we at least wait until they win...i don't know...2 games???

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

I know it's obvious, but it's just gonna suck if we end up a wild card team with the 2nd best record in the AFC

WC for the Bills with the second best record in the AFC would absolutely not suck. Sounds like a damn good season to me and a chance to make serious noise in the playoffs.