MNF: Detroit at Green Bay

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Let's just be abundantly clear here. 9-point lead for the Lions. They get a sack on third down, and a late flag comes in for illegal use of hands to the face. Completely bogus call. Packers score TD. Then Lions throw deep and Packers commit interference, but it's not called. Then Packers drive and are stopped on third down, but another bogus flag comes in for illegal use of hands to the face. This allows Packers to run out the clock and kick a field goal to win as time expires. The refs took control of and changed the outcome of the final three drives of the game, directly causing an illegitimate Packers win.

I do not recall another game that had not one, but two such blatantly egregious calls, at absolutely critical moments, literally altering the outcome of the game.

As far as officiating cluster Fs go, this one was world class!  In a league of its own! 

If I owned the Lions I would B word and complain about this game 24/7 for the next week, and just suck it up and pay the fines...

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I do not recall another game that had not one, but two such blatantly egregious calls, at absolutely critical moments, literally altering the outcome of the game.

As far as officiating cluster Fs go, this one was world class!  In a league of its own! 

If I owned the Lions I would B word and complain about this game 24/7 for the next week, and just suck it up and pay the fines...

You must not have watched any patriots games in the past 20 years...:sick:

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Up next on Sportscenter, LeBron apologizes to brutal commies for $$$$$$$$$$$

Saw his comments and actually had to read them multiple times like nahhhhh he didn’t say what I think he said.  

Yup....  

Hes backtracked a bit but I guess supporting prison camps and organ harvesting is woke now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

IMO

Juat going to have to make these games less important.  If the officiating is only going to deteriorate and cost teams playoff spots and possible coaches jobs...they just have to mean less.

Only way to mean less is expand Season games and expand Playoff Numbers.

16 to 18 games

6 teams to 7-8 teams in Playoffs.

with only 6 teams and 16 games each game is just too important and the officiating just cannot support the importance of the outcome of these games.

2 minutes ago, NC Book said:

WOW. I'd be hot if I was a lions fan! Not that'd it'd matter, but I'd be freakin livid. Just like I felt in 98 at Foxboro! NFL needs to start fining refs or something. 2019 and they still can't get it right. And the answer is so simple. 

If by simple you mean “ go with what you actually see, not by what a player’s reaction means might have happened” then yes. Other than that , not simple. Not sure why the PI wasn’t called. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

They need to. Honestly, it’s gonna take owners and coaches speaking out and making noise before anything is done about this. Riveron needs to go, and RG probably needs to go for keeping him that long. Protecting the shield is ruining the shield. 

Goodell never should have had his contract extended a couple of years ago, but he was nearly unanimously.  Jerry Jones made a bit of a stink about Goodell because of the Zeke suspension, and he was right in principle.  Goodell was never consistent in levying fines and suspensions, now he is not consistent in penalties.  Completely agree that Al Riveron should go...and go now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Saw his comments and actually had to read them multiple times like nahhhhh he didn’t say what I think he said.  

Yup....  

Hes backtracked a bit but I guess supporting prison camps and organ harvesting is woke now. 

Off topic for sure but if you didn’t see that idiot Steve Kerr’s comments and false equivalencies you should check it out. What a knucklehead. 

• Like (+1) 1

When are they going to start holding press conference with refs after games? They literally don't have to answer to anyone no matter how bad they screw things up. NFL will just try to over compensate and make whatever the mess up challengable the next season ?

Just now, NC Book said:

When are they going to start holding press conference with refs after games? They literally don't have to answer to anyone no matter how bad they screw things up. NFL will just try to over compensate and make whatever the mess up challengable the next season ?

But not actually overturn any of the calls after review

Detroit really does need to be compensated for this farce of a game; the NFL will give some lame excuse(s) and apology.  The other problem is Detroit's owner is an 90+ year old lady, Martha Firestone.  She's not going to do anything.

43 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Probably what happened but found it odd that zero replays and the refs didnt even stop to review. Not to mention the ball is moving a lot and he is near the side line

Ive seen less get stopped for a 5 minute replay review

I saw the same thing you did - knee down, player touched, short of goal line.  They must have said that either he did not yet have control, or he had not been touched at that point.

The biggest problem with any challengeable penalties is that now what do you do about this bull####?

Why can pass interference be challenged, but not hands to the face which just cost the Lions a game and has a seriously negative impact on their season.

hire and train refs who don’t suck and you don’t have to challenge anything- or make everything challangable.

Edited by whatdrought

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If by simple you mean “ go with what you actually see, not by what a player’s reaction means might have happened” then yes. Other than that , not simple. Not sure why the PI wasn’t called. 

Yeah basically call what you actually see and don't call anything ticky tacky especially if it has no effect on the play, i.e. 20 yard run called back because wr on the other side of the field flagged for block in the back. Loosen up on holding on both sides, and illegal contact on defense. Games are so much better to watch when they let the players play don't disrupt the flow with borderline holding calls killing drives all the time. Imo. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, whatdrought said:

The biggest problem with any challengeable penalties is that now what do you do about this bull####?

Why can pass interference be challenged, but not hands to the face which just cost the Lions a game and has a seriously negative impact on their season.

hire and train refs who don’t suck and you don’t have to challenge anything. 

It’s simple: if you aren’t sure you saw a personal foul, don’t throw the damn flag, especially in that situation.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

hire and train refs who don’t suck and you don’t have to challenge anything. 

It doesn’t even matter.  They don’t overturn obvious missed calls.  Even if they could’ve challenged those hands to the face penalties, they would’ve stood. 

Edited by SCBills