MNF: Detroit at Green Bay

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Am I the only one unimpressed by the Lions? ESPN hype machine was going hard for this game. I look down and the Lions are 2-1-1. 

Look, I root for all of our misery-loves-company rust belt brethren unless we play them, but I don’t think Patricia is a good HC. 

The Lions have scored because of two different big plays that allowed them to get in the red zone quickly on both occasions. That is not sustainable. Other than that they haven’t done much. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Am I the only one unimpressed by the Lions? ESPN hype machine was going hard for this game. I look down and the Lions are 2-1-1. 

Look, I root for all of our misery-loves-company rust belt brethren unless we play them, but I don’t think Patricia is a good HC. 

You might be.  Matt Patricia has changed the culture in Detroit.  This is a pretty good Detroit team, they're going toe to toe with GB at Lambeau.  When was the last time that happened?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simstim said:

I always think that Rogers looks like he just can't be bothered with it all.

It makes me wonder if he does enjoy the game at all. Or if he is simply good at it and that's why he plays.

Seems like he has become jaded and frustrated.  They have the one super bowl with him but since then crickets.    Green bays lack of success in the draft and lack of participation in free agency has wasted his prime years.  Used to really like watching him play but he's starting to remind me of Marino with the moaning and groaning  Ironically Marino suffered from the same thing , crappy defense or no run game.

Just now, Warcodered said:

They were both going for the ball I mean the WR is literally running into him because he has better position.

you might be right. Just looked like WR had no shot and just sort of grabbed the CB around the neck. If the roles were reversed, they would definitely have called defensive PI.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You might be.  Matt Patricia has changed the culture in Detroit.  This is a pretty good Detroit team, they're going toe to toe with GB at Lambeau.  When was the last time that happened?

I get your point. Maybe it’s just me, but I think Patricia is just like every other Belichick disciple not named Nick Saban ?‍♂️. Waiting for him to flame out like all the rest. I could be wrong though and time will tell I suppose. 

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

you might be right. Just looked like WR had no shot and just sort of grabbed the CB around the neck. If the roles were reversed, they would definitely have called defensive PI.

Yep, they would call that DPI every single time. Deference is given to the WR as long as he makes an attempt to catch the ball. It was an effective move instead of just hauling the DB down. That might get called 

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

They're not in the AFC and the outcome doesn't affect us?

I think I’m just sick of seeing Green Bay, week after week.  And, other than the QBs, neither team has any compelling skill position players.

10 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I get your point. Maybe it’s just me, but I think Patricia is just like every other Belichick disciple not named Nick Saban ?‍♂️. Waiting for him to flame out like all the rest. I could be wrong though and time will tell I suppose. 

The rape accusation has clouded my opinion of him