Bills must prepare to face Rosen AND Fitz

StHustle

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Any time you play a professional team you had best prepare fully- if the Bills think they can just show up and win they will get beat that game.

Nothing about them shows they would ever think that, most of all because their largest win has been 14

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nothing about them shows they would ever think that, most of all because their largest win has been 14

That is both comforting......and concerning. Especially given our competition to date.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not hating, just a scaredy cat!   

14 minutes ago, egd said:

Pittsburgh already has their QB of the future, who was drafted in the same draft as Rosen: Mason Rudolph.

Not necessarily. They may be blowing out the Bills and pull Rosen in the 4th quarter to get to rest.

Forgot about Rudolph, he has played well when he was called this season although he got hurt. So I could see them wanting to stick with him. Maybe if he ***** the bed this season they look to go in another direction? I think the Chargers would then fit the bill for the team that could benefit from trading for Rosen. I can't see Rosen fetching more than a 5th rounder at this point and the Chargers with Rivers are likely trying to win now (so thus they aren't going to want to spend a high draft pick on a backup) but they could use an heir apparent if one were to come on the cheap. I don't think a team is going to trade for him as a starter but I think as a developmental project he is someone a team could take a chance on. 

Not sure who in the NFC would fit the bill as a good landing spot. Matty Ice is a bit older but will only be 35 next season they are committing to him for the next 4-5 years at least. New Orleans has Teddy B who is going to take over for Brees. Rodgers is interesting but he will be 36/37 next season so I don't think they are trying to build up an heir until another 2 or 3 years at the very least. I can't think of any other teams with veteran QB's that could want a developmental QB. But the Chargers seem like a good fit based on need and who their starter is. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not taking this game lightly but there is little to prepare. Just play a vanilla defense, rush four, drop in to zone and don't get beat deep.  They don;t have enough weapons top win without the Bills beating themselves at home.  If/when they get up by a few scores then you can unleash a few blitzes to try and break the game wide open.  

4 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

If I am the Dolphins, I just start Fitz for this game. He is a gamer and he will probably be at the top of his game against his former team. I would be legit worried if he started that this won’t be a cake walk.

He'll be able to become a different QB this Sunday? Just because it's against us? He's played for a lot of teams, he'll probably win a lot of games with that logic.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm not taking this game lightly but there is little to prepare. Just play a vanilla defense, rush four, drop in to zone and don't get beat deep.  They don;t have enough weapons top win without the Bills beating themselves at home.  If/when they get up by a few scores then you can unleash a few blitzes to try and break the game wide open.  

We are a hard hitting, dynamic defense, I don't expect that to change.

It's not like they are both playing well and it will go by game flow.  I think I read somewhere that they changed QBs in 4 of 5 games.  I applaud the turn a negative of terrible Qb in 5 games to now the difficulty of scheming for 2 poor Qbs.

Only worried about Fitz. As others have mentioned he's an extreme player that probably still has enough magic/willpower/beard to launch another 400 yd game or two in his career. We've never seen anything like that out of Rosen. I'm not worried about him at all against this defense.

I love all the optimism and the attitude that we don't really have to worry about this game, as for me I'm not quite there with this team yet. It is by far the most talented team we have had in quite awhile but I still get a little anxious that we just crap the bed and lose to a bad team. Think of it like a rescue dog who finally got adopted things have been going well for awhile but in the back of my head I think I will be out on the street again!

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why? That's not how the Bills play. 

9 hours ago, klos63 said:

He'll be able to become a different QB this Sunday? Just because it's against us? He's played for a lot of teams, he'll probably win a lot of games with that logic.

As I am sure you know, Fitz has hugely inconsistent swings in his play-- he can put up 400 yards one week, and look like garbage the next week. I would never underestimate him, especially if he is extra motivated against his former team. I don't want to see him out there on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

Lots of arrogance in this thread from fans, that's why these are called "trap games"... Hopefully the players and coaches are taking this game a lot more seriously than the fans.  

• Like (+1) 1

Amazing the number of responses saying "We don't have to prepare" for such and such. You guys are crazy. I'm glad the coaches are not. They will have the defense ready for both QBs and their different tendencies. You can't go into an NFL game underestimating your opponent and thinking you don't need to study the QB(s) you will be facing and game plan accordingly. If you fail to prepare you better be prepared to fail.

With that said, we saw what we did to Brady and feel confident we will dominate whoever is behind center. Not because we are just that good...but because we are that good and will be prepared.

• Like (+1) 1