Bills must prepare to face Rosen AND Fitz

StHustle

I do not see this as a trap game.  Buffalo hasnt played a great game on offense or defense yet.  I have faith in the coaching staff.  McDermott has shown to have his teams play with effort.  I don't see where a matchup favors Miami.  Basically, Buffalo will have to sleep walk for this to be a game.  

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

What do you think they'll do during the week?

This garbage is lowest common denominator posting, youre putting forward nothing of value to end a discussion because you don't like it.

OF COURSE THEY'RE PRACTICING AND LOOKING AT FILM.

Doesn't mean guys can't ride too high and think they're better than they are. Doesn't mean they can't be counting wins and take a game for granted.  

Your over simplification adds no value to a discussion hence why I gave an equally simple response.

It does happen where good teams lose to inferior teams. Sometimes it's because the inferior team played great and other times it's because the good team screwed themselves thinking they were the #### of the walk but they go so busy reading their press clippings and Patti f themselves on the back for being 4-1 they lost. 

It does happen and pretending teams can't lose focus, especially after being on a bye and away from the team for a full week is just silly.

Byes are great, gives the guys a chance to relax an heal up, but it also can be bad as it gives time to lose focus.  It's the coaches job to get them back at it, but it's possible they don't...

47 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Not picking on you in particular, but I hate this argument

The Bills are a good team with Allen. The Jets are a good team with Darnold. The Packers are a good team with Rodgers. Sometimes those players can elevate the players around him and some guys just cant. Rosen may be a good QB, but apparently he needs the perfect scenario to be "good". That makes him a backup at best. 

JA hardly walked into an ideal situation here. Two starting pro bowl offensive lineman were lost. His number 1 and 2 WRS are out of the league and recently traded for a 5th rounder two years from now. His RB was on the decline and had his worst season in his career. Despite all of that, Allen found a way to make some plays and win 4 of his last 6 starts and averaged 286 total yards and ~2 TDs a game

Baker Mayfield came to a team that had averaged HALF A WIN the previous two years. His HC and OC were fired mid season and he finished with 3700 yards passing and 27TDs

Darnold. Horrible O line, lame duck HC no running game. 2800 yards and 17Tds

Rosen had David Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk and a bad oline. Id argue not much worse than Buffalo's

2300 yards and 11Tds. His last 6 games he accounted for 2 Tds and averaged 158 total yards per game in his final 6 games. He failed to elevate those around him and the fact the Cards had to wait until draft night to declare they were moving on was a joke. Rosen is bad. He hasnt been able to translate his college game to the pros. Its such a common tale but its not his fault ?

I agree that Rosen's 2018 situation was not much better or worse than Darnold's and Josh Allen's. But the Bills and Jets respectively rebuilt their offensive talent around both of them and had their QB's return for a second season. 

Rosen in my opinion looked like a rookie QB in Arizona up and down but certainly not someone who was worthy to give up on given the circumstances. Now granted they gave up on him for various reasons. They had an opportunity to draft a QB that their new coach liked better so these things happen. 

But where Rosen's misfortune happened is that he went to Miami where his supporting cast downgraded. In most QB's second year after being drafted the team begins to invest in supporting pieces to at least give a QB a chance to have success. But Rosen downgraded in offensive supporting cast from year one to two. 

I hope that he lands in a better situation where he can sit for a year or two and get his confidence back. Look at how the Saints resurrected Bridgewaters prospects as a pro-QB. I think Rosen is better off served in that kind of situation as opposed to just being thrown onto two bad teams. 

34 minutes ago, MR8 said:

This garbage is lowest common denominator posting, youre putting forward nothing of value to end a discussion because you don't like it.

OF COURSE THEY'RE PRACTICING AND LOOKING AT FILM.

Doesn't mean guys can't ride too high and think they're better than they are. Doesn't mean they can't be counting wins and take a game for granted.  

Your over simplification adds no value to a discussion hence why I gave an equally simple response.

It does happen where good teams lose to inferior teams. Sometimes it's because the inferior team played great and other times it's because the good team screwed themselves thinking they were the #### of the walk but they go so busy reading their press clippings and Patti f themselves on the back for being 4-1 they lost. 

It does happen and pretending teams can't lose focus, especially after being on a bye and away from the team for a full week is just silly.

Byes are great, gives the guys a chance to relax an heal up, but it also can be bad as it gives time to lose focus.  It's the coaches job to get them back at it, but it's possible they don't...

here's some oversimplification - don't be stupid.   Maybe garbage is the only way to respond to a made up crisis. Yeah 53 players plus coaches are going to lose focus this week.

They are approaching this week like any other week, you have no basis of fact around this team and staff to have any expectation that they'll look past this opponent. It's a manufactured issue just to find a reason to post something during the week.

And regards to losing focus over a bye week, as far as the Bills are concerned, they are 4-1 after byes in the last 5 seasons. 2/3 of the league are .500 or above after a bye week.

You're looking for reasons they may lose that don't really exist.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

here's some oversimplification - don't be stupid.   Maybe garbage is the only way to respond to a made up crisis. Yeah 53 players plus coaches are going to lose focus this week.

They are approaching this week like any other week, you have no basis of fact around this team and staff to have any expectation that they'll look past this opponent. It's a manufactured issue just to find a reason to post something during the week.

And regards to losing focus over a bye week, as far as the Bills are concerned, they are 4-1 after byes in the last 5 seasons. 2/3 of the league are .500 or above after a bye week.

You're looking for reasons they may lose that don't really exist.

And you're telling me how it is like you're in the room to know what's being done and said and what the players are thinking but you have no more or a clue than I do... 

tenor.gif?itemid=5394065

I mean God forbid on a discussion board people ... EEEEKKKKK discuss things ... 

I'll be sure to run all my thoughts by you first via PM before posting in the future since you're obviously the Czar of what is allowed or not allowed to be talked about.... 

What a jamoke... 

3 minutes ago, MR8 said:

And you're telling me how it is like you're in the room to know what's being done and said and what the players are thinking but you have no more or a clue than I do... 

tenor.gif?itemid=5394065

I mean God forbid on a discussion board people ... EEEEKKKKK discuss things ... 

I'll be sure to run all my thoughts by you first via PM before posting in the future since you're obviously the Czar of what is allowed or not allowed to be talked about.... 

What a jamoke... 

Drama Queen.   Friends? Really?

I think it's safe to say that I do have a clue as to what's going on in the locker room, since from forever, we are told the routine. I'm not there, but I bet i'm correct.

46 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I agree that Rosen's 2018 situation was not much better or worse than Darnold's and Josh Allen's. But the Bills and Jets respectively rebuilt their offensive talent around both of them and had their QB's return for a second season. 

Rosen in my opinion looked like a rookie QB in Arizona up and down but certainly not someone who was worthy to give up on given the circumstances. Now granted they gave up on him for various reasons. They had an opportunity to draft a QB that their new coach liked better so these things happen. 

But where Rosen's misfortune happened is that he went to Miami where his supporting cast downgraded. In most QB's second year after being drafted the team begins to invest in supporting pieces to at least give a QB a chance to have success. But Rosen downgraded in offensive supporting cast from year one to two. 

I hope that he lands in a better situation where he can sit for a year or two and get his confidence back. Look at how the Saints resurrected Bridgewaters prospects as a pro-QB. I think Rosen is better off served in that kind of situation as opposed to just being thrown onto two bad teams. 

Blah blah blah more excuses for the Chosen one. Want to know what Rosen's real problem is? It has absolutely nothing to do with his circumstances. Its that he isn't willing to take a risk. Take a look at his passing chart from last week when he completed 15 passes for 85 yards against an 0-5 team that just fired their HC.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/list/pass/team/season/week/josh-rosen/ROS357433/2018/5/pass

Throw the ball down the field Josh. Until he learns to do that, he will continue to be a terrible starter. He is Trent Edwards with a better arm. We know how that story ends

Every QB gets a pass rusher in their face. Every QB has to fit a ball into a tight window. Every QB faces adversity. Some can handle it, some can't. Rosen continues to show he can't.

If Rosen ever starts 16 games in a season, I will be shocked

As to your point about Bridgewater, he was a playoff QB before his knee exploded. He just needed to get healthy. That is not a good example. I expect Rosen to have a career more like Blaine Gabbert (if he is lucky)

Edited by Captain Hindsight

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Blah blah blah more excuses for the Chosen one. Want to know what Rosen's real problem is? It has absolutely nothing to do with his circumstances. Its that he isn't willing to take a risk. Take a look at his passing chart from last week when he completed 15 passes for 85 yards against an 0-5 team that just fired their HC.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/list/pass/team/season/week/josh-rosen/ROS357433/2018/5/pass

Throw the ball down the field Josh. Until he learns to do that, he will continue to be a terrible starter. He is Trent Edwards with a better arm. We know how that story ends

Every QB gets a pass rusher in their face. Every QB has to fit a ball into a tight window. Every QB faces adversity. Some can handle it, some can't. Rosen continues to show he can't.

If Rosen ever starts 16 games in a season, I will be shocked

As to your point about Bridgewater, he was a playoff QB before his knee exploded. He just needed to get healthy. That is not a good example. I expect Rosen to have a career more like Blaine Gabbert (if he is lucky)

Circumstances play a huge factor in QB play. Goff was looking like a bust under Jeff Fisher but quickly turned it around once the O-line, WR talent, and offensive scheme were upgraded. I am not sure why it is so hard to say that a QB was not put in a position to have success which might have negatively impacted their career. Rosen might have been a bust even in a good situation but it is fair to say that he hasn't been in a good situation ever. 

11 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Circumstances play a huge factor in QB play. Goff was looking like a bust under Jeff Fisher but quickly turned it around once the O-line, WR talent, and offensive scheme were upgraded. I am not sure why it is so hard to say that a QB was not put in a position to have success which might have negatively impacted their career. Rosen might have been a bust even in a good situation but it is fair to say that he hasn't been in a good situation ever. 

It is fair to say he hasn't been in a good situation, but he has also done nothing to make the players around him better.

To me, he is a backup at best and I'm not even sure hes a good one

17 hours ago, klos63 said:

Drama Queen.   Friends? Really?

I think it's safe to say that I do have a clue as to what's going on in the locker room, since from forever, we are told the routine. I'm not there, but I bet i'm correct.

The last 2 times the Bills were favored by 16.5+ was 1992 and 1991.... We lost both games. 

Last year against the Vikings we were 16.5 point underdogs and we won.

Just saying it happens. That's why this is a trap game.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Not anymore....

However if they were preparing for both, they have a head start. Would be terrible to have to walk in Thursday and start studying a whole different QB. Im sure our guys will be ready. Fitz has proven he will pick apart an unprepared team.

11 hours ago, MR8 said:

The last 2 times the Bills were favored by 16.5+ was 1992 and 1991.... We lost both games. 

Last year against the Vikings we were 16.5 point underdogs and we won.

Just saying it happens. That's why this is a trap game.

Anything can happen, of course. But I don’t believe it’s a trap game.  To be honest, Buffalo hasn’t earned the right to be -16.5 over anyone.  The Bills barely beat the Jets, Cincinnati and Tennessee.  Those are not powerhouse teams.  I think the Bills O has a lot to improve upon and hopefully this is the game. If they throw INTs and fumble over to Miami, that’s the great equalizer.  Let’s hope the Bills play a clean game, win the turnover battle and they will get a nice Win here.