Bills must prepare to face Rosen AND Fitz

StHustle

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

I don't think there will be any letdown, but you know Fitzpatrick will try to do his part to bring the Bills down to earth.

possibly

Fitz got paid very well for his services in Buffalo. 

if not the owners.....  

Who is left on the team that he even played with. 

Fitzpatrick has a lot of supporters.  At Bills bar I frequent but a lot less often these days there is a guy who has a Fitzpatrick "quilt" jersey.  His jersey has 1/8 of every jersey Fitzpatrick has wore in his professional career.   I asked him where he got the parts and he said mostly eBay and clearance jerseys and the hardest was finding them same size and he has a couple he bought which did not fit that he occasionally wears.  He went to college with Fitzpatrick at Harvard and wears a Harvard class ring.  He is a relatively big guy so I asked him if he played football with college and his response was "you would never have seen me on TV" so I am guessing he was a backup at some point.  Back in 2010 or 2011 he had a custom jersey with Bills on front and Rams/Bengals on back with Fitzmagic name plate.  Both were very professionally done.

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I don't want Fitz to play for one reason: I love Fitz and don't wanna see him get hurt. Not that I wanna see Rosen get hurt, but that'd be a real bummer to see fitz get pummeled by his former team

Now that Kyle and Wood are both retired, there is only Lee Smith left who played with Fitz and he left and came back. Im not feeling the connection with Fitz and the Bills anymore. 

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

possibly

Fitz got paid very well for his services in Buffalo. 

if not the owners.....  

Who is left on the team that he even played with. 

Remaining players or not, he made his name in Buffalo and the game will be played in Buffalo.

The Bills are flying high at a time when he's on the league's worst team in the same division of his old team; the Dolphins are going nowhere, so beating the Bills could be the highlight of his miserable season with the Dolphins. 

I find it hard to believe that playing against Buffalo is just another game for Fitzpatrick. 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Id rather play against Rosen.  Never know when Fitz will get hot.  Although I don't think either one of them will do to well passing against our D.

Has Fitz ever played well vs McDermott? He’s played for so many teams I truly don’t remember. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Has Fitz ever played well vs McDermott? He’s played for so many teams I truly don’t remember. 

I honestly don't know.  I just know he has two sides.  He either has a really good game where he looks like a franchise QB or he throws 3+ picks in a stinker.

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Four sacks of Rosen in the first quarter by the Washington defense.  I would think Fitzpatrick is the more dangerous quarterback of the two to plan for.

I know, but hell, he’s the most NFL ready QB. He’ll adjust. I just know it. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I honestly don't know.  I just know he has two sides.  He either has a really good game where he looks like a franchise QB or he throws 3+ picks in a stinker.

I remember him absolutely lighting up a Rex team a few years ago. And losing to him when he was with the Texans. I think Marrone was the coach. That was the EJ/JJ game. And of course beating him when he was trying to get the playoffs with the Jets. I feel like there are probably more times we’ve faced him. Maybe back when he was in Tennessee? But not with McDermott that I recall. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I remember him absolutely lighting up a Rex team a few years ago. And losing to him when he was with the Texans. I think Marrone was the coach. That was the EJ/JJ game. And of course beating him when he was trying to get the playoffs with the Jets. I feel like there are probably more times we’ve faced him. Maybe back when he was in Tennessee? But not with McDermott that I recall. 

Going through Fitz game logs, it does not look like he has ever played against McDermott.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Rosen will get traded again, hopefully to a team with a veteran QB where Rosen can sit for a season or two and get his confidence back and have the system mastered before being given a shot to start. I think the Chargers or Steelers would make sense. Both have vet QB's knocking on 40 and are solid or at least decent teams. I think a team would be willing to give up a 5th for him. Two years remaining on his rookie deal with an option kind of make him very tradable. 

Pittsburgh already has their QB of the future, who was drafted in the same draft as Rosen: Mason Rudolph.

40 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Well, if we end up facing both of them, that means one of them stunk it up pretty good and were up by a few scores.

Not necessarily. They may be blowing out the Bills and pull Rosen in the 4th quarter to get to rest.

This is true, but our players really don’t care who is at QB for the fish, Lorenzo A alluded to this in an interview, although some fans think this is a big issue. Me, I have no FEAR, then again i’m Not playing the game ?

Go Bills!!!