Here is a good topic.

40 minutes ago, H2o said:

@DC Tom what are your thoughts on this thread? :lol:

Sadly, I'm still bound by my commitment to call people with less than 250 posts "idiots," even though I just find out today that the mods cheated me on that agreement gruesomely. 

So all I can say about this thread right now is that I'm just excited to be a part of it...

• Haha (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

What do you prefer a offense that literally is unstoppable but has a defense that is literally can't stop a pee wee football team. Or a defense that resembles the 85 bears steel curtain of the 70's but has an offense that everytime they take the field getting 10 yards and a first down is an achievement.

One is as bad as the other and won't get you where you want to go. If the question was a great offense with a terrible defense vs. a great defense with a mediocre offense, then maybe it is a discussion and I'd take the great defense and mediocre offense. But in the original post, who cares? Both teams will fail. If you can't score, you can't win. And conversely, you can't make a living playing and winning shootouts every week. You're one turnover from losing every game.

54 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

What do you prefer a offense that literally is unstoppable but has a defense that is literally can't stop a pee wee football team. Or a defense that resembles the 85 bears steel curtain of the 70's but has an offense that everytime they take the field getting 10 yards and a first down is an achievement.

"85 bears steel curtain of the 70s?"

?

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, folz said:

One is as bad as the other and won't get you where you want to go. If the question was a great offense with a terrible defense vs. a great defense with a mediocre offense, then maybe it is a discussion and I'd take the great defense and mediocre offense. But in the original post, who cares? Both teams will fail. If you can't score, you can't win. And conversely, you can't make a living playing and winning shootouts every week. You're one turnover from losing every game.

Memo to Andy Reid

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1